Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Haven't had a chance to see him play, is he more a CM or an AM?

looks like he could do either to me, and his goals last year suggest he can attack as well

pardiola has him sitting deep, protecting though, no license to get forward much

Be nice to see him and Sissoko interchange with respect to breaking forward/attacking.  Abeid has the ability to score goals and move forward quickly.  Be harder for the opposition to read who is going to break.  Surely with a few more games that could/will come if Pardew does not fuck things up.

At the moment I would rather Sissoko has licence to attack. As much as I rate Abeid I don't mind if he sacrifices his attacking for the good of the team. If they can interchange then fair enough I guess, but Sissoko wouldn't provide anywhere near the level of defensive protection.

I like Anita. But Kanji is absolutely right. Not sure why you're angry about people being excited about a player man

Probably because people use Abeid having a good game to get one over on others who rate Anita or Tiote as an example.

Yeah I guess so, but that's not what that post was about.

It's probably just the Anita fanboy in me. Think he's a fantastic footballer not utilized to his strengths and is going to be another one of those could-have-beens we will see go because of our crusty pig-dung of a manager.

I haven't seen the last two games, only the highlights, so am only taking everyone's word on how good Abeid was. I'm happy as the rest of you to see him come this far, let's hope he's not dropped unceremoniously a la MYM last year, by the wanker in charge. From the sounds of it, deserves a run in the team. Kid looks like he's built like a fucking tank now, good to see.

I like Anita. But Kanji is absolutely right. Not sure why you're angry about people being excited about a player man

Probably because people use Abeid having a good game to get one over on others who rate Anita or Tiote as an example.

Yeah I guess so, but that's not what that post was about.

It's probably just the Anita fanboy in me. Think he's a fantastic footballer not utilized to his strengths and is going to be another one of those could-have-beens we will see go because of our crusty pig-dung of a manager.

I haven't seen the last two games, only the highlights, so am only taking everyone's word on how good Abeid was. I'm happy as the rest of you to see him come this far, let's hope he's not dropped unceremoniously a la MYM last year, by the w***** in charge. From the sounds of it, deserves a run in the team. Kid looks like he's built like a f***ing tank now, good to see.

I hear you man, feel the same about Anita as well - always loved the player.

So worrying man ...

Look at how this kid has performed lately, and yet no one in the staff could see something in him.

Absolutely terrifying.

If he had been sold, people would have written him off as a failure, but these kids aren't given enough off a chance. It's very annoying.

So worrying man ...

Look at how this kid has performed lately, and yet no one in the staff could see something in him.

Absolutely terrifying.

If he had been sold, people would have written him off as a failure, but these kids aren't given enough off a chance. It's very annoying.

BACK PARDEW.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-mehdi-abeid-comes-8041455

basically we tried to flog him and no one could afford him. Can't wait for Pards to take credit for his form like.

In Pardew's ideal world, he gets outplayed by Toure and goes out in the cup so he never has to use him again, and we see Anita/R.Taylor there until Tiote is back.

Guest antz1uk

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-mehdi-abeid-comes-8041455

basically we tried to flog him and no one could afford him. Can't wait for Pards to take credit for his form like.

I thought everyone was quite aware of this, Pardew quite clearly never fancied him and it was accepted on here that he was going to join Panathanaikos but for some reason a deal couldn't be worked out