Perez

Krul

Janmaat  Saylor        Coloccini    Santon

Tiote

Sissoko    Abeid

Cabella                                  Aarons

de Jong

for me.

Anita, Abeid, Sissoko as the three for me. Sorry Tiote.

Anita doesnt deserve to play at the moment, hes been rubbish.

He's hardly played.

it's time we all gave up on anita mind, i love the little fucker but he's only ever going to shine in a team built to control and retain possession of the football through the midfield

even in our current, sturdier, counter-attacking guise he'll not excel 'cause he doesn't fit the roles properly

we need to sell him and promote abeid permanently, or sell tiote :yao:

Guest Roger Kint

It begins..... :hmm:

'And it was widely assumed that the youngster wouldn’t be returning when he packed his bags for a second loan stint at Panathinaikos.

But Pardew kept tabs on Abeid and refused to sell him to the Greek Superleague side in the summer after he’d scored 10 goals in 38 games.'

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/408428/Newcastle-Mehdi-Abeid

Guest Roger Kint

Theres Pardle quotes too but as i havent bothered to listen to his shit post match not sure if they are just from that or new. So predictable the media backing him even more now.

Colback & Tiote are undroppable's. Anita's been pushed back a pg by Abeid & Sissoko.

Everything points o a Sissoko out wide or in the #10 again when Tiote is back tbf.

Regardless of form Krul, Janmaat, Colo, Tiote, Colback & Sissoko will start. Perhaps Colback could go the way of Gouff or Jonas but I don't see it.

Formation alert...!

When all fully fit I'd go something like:

Krul

Janmaat Coloccini Anyone Santon

Abeid

De Jong.      Sissoko

Cabella.          Aarons

Perez

Krul

Janmaat  Saylor        Coloccini    Santon

Tiote

Sissoko    Abeid

Cabella                                  Aarons

de Jong

for me.

Out of interest, what makes you think de Jong will prove better than Cisse or Perez in this position?  Basing this on the fact we have seen so little of him in a NUFC game!

Going to be interesting when de Jong comes back. He'll slot in at #10 and it'd hopefully be Cabella and Aarons either side of him, with Sissoko and one of Abeid/Colback/Tiote/Anita behind. The striker is the big question; I don't think Perez can really lead the line on his own yet but his style of play would suit the 3 AMs more than Cisse.

Going to be interesting when de Jong comes back. He'll slot in at #10 and it'd hopefully be Cabella and Aarons either side of him, with Sissoko and one of Abeid/Colback/Tiote/Anita behind. The striker is the big question; I don't think Perez can really lead the line on his own yet but his style of play would suit the 3 AMs more than Cisse.

s*** team man, all Ashley's fault Pards getting the best out that squad etc

Tbf there's not many proven talents out there. Pardew has done well even if it's by luck to see Aarons, Abeid and co. emerge. He didn't envision these would become regular starters.

:lol:

A manager worth his salt could get pretty creative with us tactically, like. Perez-Cabella-de Jong could be very fluid.

Tbf there's not many proven talents out there. Pardew has done well even if it's by luck to see Aarons, Abeid and co. emerge. He didn't envision these would become regular starters.

Rubbish. That squad is fine. Abeid was already proving himself, he's done nothing. That squad is fine with a remotely decent manager

Abeid proved himself in... Greece.

Take out Sammy & Aarons and we are left with Sissoko, Obertan, Gouffran & Cabella outwide.

Upfront we are left with Cisse alone as the only senior first team striker.

We are very fortunate the young players have stepped up. Our senior lads are relegation material imo.

Just to combat that ridiculous post:

There is no money in Greece at the moment – and so Abeid stayed. In truth, it was more by default than anything else and he remained a Newcastle player in name only for the first three months of the season when he was hardly seen while the team struggled.

What is ridiculous? Of course the Greek teams boss is upset, but all I said was that Abeid is here because nobody matched our valuation of him. That's not to say he was classed as a grade A fecking purple but we saw enough in him not to sell him for a pittance or send him out on loan again.

Kakas 'terrifying' post regarding our staff seemed over the top so I responded. Are there many kids we've let go who have gone on to become top players in recent years? Can't think of many, if any tbh.

Abeid is not one either, despite how close the Greks felt they had got to pinching him.

Tsirakis said: “I knew a bit about Abeid because I’m a real fan of English football, but nobody else knew a thing about him. They had no idea who he was.

“His first game didn’t go well at all. The coach, Yannis Anastasiou, actually came out after the match, a home win against Panetolikos, and criticised his performance. He said Abeid didn’t play well.

But after that he stared playing great. From November on, he played almost every minute of every game. He was a real star.”

The Greek football writer knows more about football than Pardew.

I actually recall that the season we signed Abeid, all the FM addicts around me were congratulating me on a top purchase by Newcastle... as he was one of those Henri Saivet, Cherno Samba type of wonderkids on the game!

I remember when I used to play the game, back in the day, Ben Arfa was always the wonderkid I used to buy... :(

Krul

Janmaat - Tayl :anguish: r - C :anguish: loccini - Sant :anguish: n

Abeid - Sissoko

Cabella - De Jong - Aarons/Sameobi/Gouffran/Obertan

Cisse/Perez/Riviere

Not a bad side if we had a manager willing to play a more open attacking game, much more suited to our players...

Krul, Coloccini, Taylor, Tiote, Anita, Janmaat, Cabella, Cisse have mainly been fit and are hardly relegation material. He also gave away MYM and HBA for literally no reason.

So Colo & Taylor have been relegated before and integral parts of teams that have finished 16th. Both are definitely Prem standard players of course but both have shown they can have horrid runs of form.

Anita hasn't had a genuine good game since last season.

Janmaat & Cabella are unproven in the division. Largely it's the same defensive set-up that conceded bucket loads in the second half of the season. The same attacking unit that was utilised towards the end of last season when we couldn't score for toffee plus De Jong & Cabella.

Cisse scored 2 league goals last season. 10 league goals in 60 appearances across 2 seasons. Is that Premiership quality?

HBA & Marv aren't in the squad.

The fact we've gone back to playing Obertan has shown Pardew has scrapped the barrel for a spark and some quality. In doing so, he's given a chance to a number of young players who have made the jump.

If the young lads continue to play well this season I would consider selling some of the under performing senior players.

Abeid + Sissoko is the way forward for this centre of midfield if Abeid can maintain his form / quality.

I firmly believe we could use another RW or 2, sadly no HBA so Cabella + another foil to someone like Aarons with bags of pace and maybe a little more proven quality.

Add to that, we still need a new Striker capable of being our "main" man who is more of an all around player. I like Perez developing and would play him for now until Cisse gets fit again but would love a stronger fella.