Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

I love little Vurn too, shame. But I'd rather play another attacking player than 3 central players if that means we can get Aarons, Cabella, De Jong, and Cisse/Perez on the pitch.

We need 2 wide players, a #10 and striker if we want to look remotely threatening.

Anita is the real loser here, he'll be 5th choice CM under Pardew. We've got an exciting squad and it's finally showing.

Anita isn't really suited to the way we play under Pardew though, he'd look much better in a tiki taki passing side, our game is more about sitting back, tackling hard then hitting on the break. I just think that the likes of Abeid and Tiote are better suited to midfield dogfights that we end up with in our current formation.

Guest palnese

Never really rated this lad and then he comes in and plays like this.

Looks like a proper modern DM. Calm, good on the ball, never hides, clever and is a decent ball winner.

Very, very impressed with him over the last few weeks.

Never really rated this lad and then he comes in and plays like this.

Looks like a proper modern DM. Calm, good on the ball, never hides, clever and is a decent ball winner.

Very, very impressed with him over the last few weeks.

:thup:

With Abeid here, I don't see why Colback needs to play at the same time really. We could be making that spot a more advanced position for Anita to link things up.

Agreed, you would hope De Jong would take that spot when he's back. But this is Pardew and he'll drop Abeid. :anguish:

With Abeid here, I don't see why Colback needs to play at the same time really. We could be making that spot a more advanced position for Anita to link things up.

Agreed, you would hope De Jong would take that spot when he's back. But this is Pardew and he'll drop Abeid. :anguish:

He'll drop Cabella a wideman and stick Sissoko out wide. Nailed on.