Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Abeid maybe staying

Report: Algeria call up Kashi as Abeid’s replacement for African Cup

Uncapped midfielder Ahmed Kashi has been called up to play for Algeria at the African Nations Cup finals, the country's official news agency said on Thursday.

The 26-year-old French-born player from FC Metz is expected to be named as a replacement for the injured Medhi Abeid of Newcastle United, said the Algerie Presse Service. The Algerian Football Federation was yet to confirm the call-up.

Algeria were the first of the 16 countries competing at this month's tournament in Equatorial Guinea to name their final squad but still have a week to make changes before the deadline for the submission of the 23-man selections.

Abeid maybe staying

Report: Algeria call up Kashi as Abeid’s replacement for African Cup

Uncapped midfielder Ahmed Kashi has been called up to play for Algeria at the African Nations Cup finals, the country's official news agency said on Thursday.

The 26-year-old French-born player from FC Metz is expected to be named as a replacement for the injured Medhi Abeid of Newcastle United, said the Algerie Presse Service. The Algerian Football Federation was yet to confirm the call-up.

Algeria were the first of the 16 countries competing at this month's tournament in Equatorial Guinea to name their final squad but still have a week to make changes before the deadline for the submission of the 23-man selections.

really hope so for us, feel bad for him though.

Wouldn't it mean he couldn't play for us if he's not travelling because of injury?

Unlucky for the lad, good job he was rushed back from his original injury.

I very much doubt he'll be allowed to play for us.

Does missing out from injury for international duty also mean you cant play for your club? Unless you get some "release" from NT?

Unlucky for the lad, good job he was rushed back from his original injury.

I very much doubt he'll be allowed to play for us.

Does missing out from injury for international duty also mean you cant play for your club? Unless you get some "release" from NT?

I'm not 100% sure but I would have thought so and did we not have this happen with Ba/Tiote/Cisse before and ended up having a retrospective ban?

Surely if Algeria decide not to take him because he isn't going to be fit for the training camp / first game then that shouldn't preclude him from playing for us later this month, regardless as to whether or not Algeria progress?

I would think that any rule whereby you are prevented from playing for your club side if you have declared an injury for the national side, would only apply to a single game?

So, this guy broke his toe in November, played a game for us on December 2nd and then not since. Has his toe been amputated or something?

Probably played with a pain killing injection at Burnley and made his injury much worse knowing Pardew.