Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Guest taps01

Colocho is absolutely right. Not as if we recently signed a highly rated French talent from the reigning champions or owt.

And so do you..hell i dont know!

"If we invite any player up to the Quayside to see the girls and then up to our magnificent

stadium, we will be able to persuade any player to sign." 

Why not hope eh?

Guest icemanblue

Colocho is absolutely right. Not as if we recently signed a highly rated French talent from the reigning champions or owt.

:lol: Ouch.

Seriously man Colocho, stop the whole 'high horse' thing when it comes to rumours.

The second there's a negative rumour story, you write like it's gospel truth :lol:

High horse?

Gervinho - The French league champions' most effective player, has said that he'd only leave Lille for another Champions League club.

Gameiro - Has said he wants to go to Spain, placing preference on Valencia and Villareal, who guess what, have both qualified for the Champions League.

Would either of these players fit into our current wage structure? Call it negativity, it's common sense man.

Yes, we may not get anyone decent, but if we are being proactive and have an offer on the table, then that is good news, no?

Shy bairns get nowt as they say, and I really cannot understand why you seem to think we should be some coy cunt only up for courting the lesser players of the world like, say, Sunderland.

"If we invite any player up to the Quayside to see the girls and then up to our magnificent

stadium, we will be able to persuade any player to sign." ?.

Why not hope eh?

Let's just hope they don't watch Goerdie Shore

A highly rated French talent that was shown the door at Lyon for fighting with other players, missed training sessions and openly rowed with Didier Deschamps on several occasions at Marseille.

He started only 17 games the season before we signed him on loan. We then only permanently signed him when he had a broken leg.

Not quite the same as signing a player like Gameiro or Gervinho ...

The club's opinion of player is irrelevant. We're talking about players choosing us over other clubs.

It's entirely possible that either could end up here, and people are well within their rights to express optimism.

A highly rated French talent that was shown the door at Lyon for fighting with other players, missed training sessions and openly rowed with Didier Deschamps on several occasions at Marseille.

He started only 17 games the season before we signed him on loan. We then only permanently signed him when he had a broken leg.

Not like we were a newly promoted club or owt at the time, but aye, I get your point.

Just breathe in the sweet smell of ambition though, and enjoy.......

Seriously man Colocho, stop the whole 'high horse' thing when it comes to rumours.

The second there's a negative rumour story, you write like it's gospel truth :lol:

High horse?

Gervinho - The French league champions' most effective player, has said that he'd only leave Lille for another Champions League club.

Gameiro - Has said he wants to go to Spain, placing preference on Valencia and Villareal, who guess what, have both qualified for the Champions League.

Would either of these players fit into our current wage structure? Call it negativity, it's common sense man.

Yes, we may not get anyone decent, but if we are being proactive and have an offer on the table, then that is good news, no?

Shy bairns get nowt as they say, and I really cannot understand why you seem to think we should be some coy cunt only up for courting the lesser players of the world like, say, Sunderland.

Of course, it's excellent to see us going for such players. We are finally showing the ambition that we've all been crying out for.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The club's opinion of player is irrelevant. We're talking about players choosing us over other clubs.

It's entirely possible that either could end up here, and people are well within their rights to express optimism.

Ben Arfa could have gone to A.C Milan - the option was there for him and as much as Ben Arfa was an amazing coup for the club the way the club have behaved with him was won us a lot of plaudits in the French football. Additional to this - Tiote - now another big player also speaks French.

I wouldn't write these signings off.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If Gameiro does sign for us it'll be my crepes and slags tweet that swung it. And yes I'll be taking all the credit.

:lol:

Guest mimifrench

Ben arfa was NOT "shown the door at Lyon" like you said... ans he did NOT miss session trainings (deliberately).... I thought you knew a little more about his situation (which was very complicated).

But, it is right that when he joined Newcastle, he wasn't in the same position as Gameiro or Gervinho. Those players have done a very good seeason in ligue 1.

If i can tell you my opinion about these transferts you are all talking about : i hope you are not seriously convinced that your club is going to sign the 2 players or even one of them !

They both want to play the champion's league !!! Explain me why a player like Gervinho would leave Lille, which is the France Champions and will play the CL, to join Newcastle the 12th in the premier league ?? He wants to leave Lille, but certainly not for a club that won't play Europe next season. 

In the case of Gameiro, this last wants play the CL too, and he is waiting to see if Paris is going to qualify... If not, he is likeky to go to Spain.

And from my point of view, Gameiro isn't a player for the premier league, i think he "misses something" (too small, ...).

Of course i may be wrong but i think your hope is too high considering the reality...

nowt new like.  Infact, its more about Sol and Shefki leaving, and what kids might be/have been released.

Kuqi and Sol out as NUFC eye Kevin Gameiro

ALAN PARDEW today vowed that Newcastle United must “look to the future” as he continues his transfer quest at St James’ Park.

The Chronicle understands that Kevin Gameiro of French side Lorient is near the top of United’s wanted list.

But with the £12m-rated star being tracked by Atletico Madrid, Seville and Villareal – and having a burning desire to test himself in La Liga – Newcastle face a real fight to win his signature this summer.

But there has already been movement at the club’s Benton base, with Pardew confirming that Sol Campbell and 34-year-old Shefki Kuqi will not be part of the squad next season.

However, England Under-19 international Ryan Donaldson may yet have a part to play on Tyneside, with Pardew saying there had been “no decision” made on whether to allow the Gosforth lad the chance to explore avenues in the lower rungs of English football.

Instead, Pardew wants to check out all of his young guns throughout the pre-season programme.

And, having already given the likes of Sammy Ameobi and Shane Ferguson their chance this term, the Toon boss is keen to blood further youngsters.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “We are looking to the future now.

“We’ll have a small holiday period, but throughout it we will be trying to bring in the players we need.”

Former England defender Campbell has proved to be a major disappointment to United supporters during an ill-fated stay on Tyneside.

Campbell, 36, had made noises last summer that he still had plenty to offer the Magpies but failed to get to peak fitness and was plagued by injuries, making just eight appearances in a black-and- white shirt.

Pardew said: “Sol’s gone and good luck to him.

“He has been an icon in the game but he didn’t feature too much here.

“Our centre-backs have been a strong point for us this season and that’s perhaps why.

“But it’s good luck to Sol and we must look forward now instead.”

And, reflecting on the departure of former Finland international Kuqi, Pardew said: “He was added to our squad and he didn’t get the games he wanted.

“He was a bit frustrated at not getting on as much as he wanted because he came here to show people what he could do.

“The opportunities for him were scarce because our form during that time wasn’t bad – we lost just four times in the last 14 games while he was here.

“The fans may not have seen him but he became a bit of a legend at the training ground – he’s been a warrior in training.

"He’s gone, though, and I have wished him well.

"The sad thing is he really took to the place. He loved the people and the area.

"I can only advise teams like Hartlepool and Carlisle United to take a really good look at him this summer.

"He will be brilliant for them if he got the chance."

Meanwhile, there was fresh hope for young gun Donaldson, with Pardew commenting: "We haven’t made any decisions on some of the younger players including Ryan."

But United have also released Paddy McLaughlin, Matty Grieve and Dan Leadbitter.

Imposing centre-back Grieve unluckily suffered a broken cheekbone while on loan at Stockport County which curtailed his chance to impress.

Yet the Geordie has already attracted the attention of a host of Football League clubs.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/25/pardew-clears-the-decks-72703-28760274/2/#ixzz1NMUqyGko

Ben arfa was NOT "shown the door at Lyon" like you said... ans he did NOT miss session trainings (deliberately).... I thought you knew a little more about his situation (which was very complicated).

But, it is right that when he joined Newcastle, he wasn't in the same position as Gameiro or Gervinho. Those players have done a very good seeason in ligue 1.

If i can tell you my opinion about these transferts you are all talking about : i hope you are not seriously convinced that your club is going to sign the 2 players or even one of them !

They both want to play the champion's league !!! Explain me why a player like Gervinho would leave Lille, which is the France Champions and will play the CL, to join Newcastle the 12th in the premier league ?? He wants to leave Lille, but certainly not for a club that won't play Europe next season.  

In the case of Gameiro, this last wants play the CL too, and he is waiting to see if Paris is going to qualify... If not, he is likeky to go to Spain.

And from my point of view, Gameiro isn't a player for the premier league, i think he "misses something" (too small, ...).

Of course i may be wrong but i think your hope is too high considering the reality...

Wow, someone that agrees with me (and someone on here who actually knows French football, funnily enough).

I thought wor Benny was fined for missing training sessions, and then blamed it on missing a flight back from Tunis? Was only a few weeks later his had that row with Deschamps ... What about the match where he refused to warm up, pretending to have an injury - then was forced into making a public apology. Wasn't he fined for that as well?

Glad someone has reaffirmed the points I was making about Gervinho and Gameiro, of course, this lot will just call you negative and say you are 'monter sur ses grands chevaux'.