Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

The club have denied they've made a bid :lol:

LukeEdwards0 Luke Edwards

Murky world of #nufc transfer dealings gets murkier. Club denying improved bid has been made for Kevin Gameiro, as for Gervinho, possibly!

We may of still put a bid in though  :undecided:

Guest mimifrench

Colocho is absolutely right. Not as if we recently signed a highly rated French talent from the reigning champions or owt.

A highly rated French talent that was shown the door at Lyon for fighting with other players, missed training sessions and openly rowed with Didier Deschamps on several occasions at Marseille.

He started only 17 games the season before we signed him on loan. We then only permanently signed him when he had a broken leg.

Not quite the same as signing a player like Gameiro or Gervinho ...

Ben arfa was NOT "shown the door at Lyon" like you said... ans he did NOT miss session trainings (deliberately).... I thought you knew a little more about his situation (which was very complicated).

But, it is right that when he joined Newcastle, he wasn't in the same position as Gameiro or Gervinho. Those players have done a very good seeason in ligue 1.

If i can tell you my opinion about these transferts you are all talking about : i hope you are not seriously convinced that your club is going to sign the 2 players or even one of them !

They both want to play the champion's league !!! Explain me why a player like Gervinho would leave Lille, which is the France Champions and will play the CL, to join Newcastle the 12th in the premier league ?? He wants to leave Lille, but certainly not for a club that won't play Europe next season. 

In the case of Gameiro, this last wants play the CL too, and he is waiting to see if Paris is going to qualify... If not, he is likeky to go to Spain.

And from my point of view, Gameiro isn't a player for the premier league, i think he "misses something" (too small, ...).

Of course i may be wrong but i think your hope is too high considering the reality...

Wow, someone that agrees with me (and someone on here who actually knows French football, funnily enough).

I thought wor Benny was fined for missing training sessions, and then blamed it on missing a flight back from Tunis? Was only a few weeks later his had that row with Deschamps ... What about the match where he refused to warm up, pretending to have an injury - then was forced into making a public apology. Wasn't he fined for that as well?

Glad someone has reaffirmed the points I was making about Gervinho and Gameiro, of course, this lot will just call you negative and say you are 'monter sur ses grands chevaux'.

I never said that Ben arfa was irreproachable... But the fact is that you have to take into account the 'context" in which he played in OM.

Don't forget he was only 21 when he arrived in OM. Most of the things you said about him (in lyon) was pure imagination from the media or was wrong simply because after he decided to join Marseille, Lyon's president wanted to "recover' him and they even went to tribunal so....

All i wanted to say is that it was a particular situation when he joined Newcastle. Nobody can compare Ben arfa with Gameiro or Gervinho.

Nothing really but i'll post it anyway. Wonder where they got the "invited" part from.

Newcastle signed Abeid, Gameiro offers for Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 11:32 Newcastle is being franciser. After recruiting Hatem Ben Arfa to Olympique Marseille last summer, the Magpies come again to shop in our "beautiful" championship of France. Wednesday, Newcastle recorded the signature of young Lensois Mehdi Abeid. Professionally for two years, the midfielder of 18 has not had his chance in first team, and therefore decided to pack his bags. "After eight wonderful years, I was stagnating. I needed a change. I'm not afraid to go abroad," he says in the columns of L'Equipe. The defensive midfielder was especially coveted by Atletico Madrid, Everton, Rennes and Le Mans. Another popular French and Newcastle who has just sent an offer, Kevin Gameiro. The local English daily Live Journal reveals that the Magpies have offered 11 million euros in Lorient to engage the services of French international striker. With the sale of Andy Carroll in Liverpool last winter, the club leaders in northern England have amassed a considerable sum, which could serve to bring Gameiro. The current joint top scorer in Ligue 1 is also invited to visit the facilities of Newcastle in the coming days.

Nothing really but i'll post it anyway. Wonder where they got the "invited" part from.

Newcastle signed Abeid, Gameiro offers for Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 11:32 Newcastle is being franciser. After recruiting Hatem Ben Arfa to Olympique Marseille last summer, the Magpies come again to shop in our "beautiful" championship of France. Wednesday, Newcastle recorded the signature of young Lensois Mehdi Abeid. Professionally for two years, the midfielder of 18 has not had his chance in first team, and therefore decided to pack his bags. "After eight wonderful years, I was stagnating. I needed a change. I'm not afraid to go abroad," he says in the columns of L'Equipe. The defensive midfielder was especially coveted by Atletico Madrid, Everton, Rennes and Le Mans. Another popular French and Newcastle who has just sent an offer, Kevin Gameiro. The local English daily Live Journal reveals that the Magpies have offered 11 million euros in Lorient to engage the services of French international striker. With the sale of Andy Carroll in Liverpool last winter, the club leaders in northern England have amassed a considerable sum, which could serve to bring Gameiro. The current joint top scorer in Ligue 1 is also invited to visit the facilities of Newcastle in the coming days.

Source?

Source?

http://www.sport.fr/football/premier-league-newcastle-abeid-signe-offre-pour-gameiro-219866.shtm

They're just quoting the Journal who quoted the French press. It's like a crap game of Chinese whispers.

True, the "invited" part is probably made up as well, posted it anyway.