Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

To be honest, he played quite well this season, was a major hit, before falling out with Ancelotti...

If the fee is as low as 5m, we should snap him up.  We need a backup striker when Cisse and Ba's away anyway.

To be honest, he played quite well this season, was a major hit, before falling out with Ancelotti...

If the fee is as low as 5m, we should snap him up.  We need a backup striker when Cisse and Ba's away anyway.

He's not going to join us to be a mere back up, if that were the case i would have no problem him joining....

But he will want to start and we have Cisse now, we dont need him even if Ba goes because as i pointed out Gamiero cant play out wide so it makes little sense.

Gamiero would have been great when we didnt have a #9 but we do now so its a moot argument.

Just wish we could have a 21 year old Bellamy.

I still remember that villa game when we won 3-0, Bellers getting 2. What a performance and the meg on Schmeichel at the end!

Cheeky chappy what he was...loved the commentary for that and the Shearer goal that match.

Guest Phil K

Swap Ba for Gameiro ?

Don't want to lose Ba, but if the lad would prefer to go to Paris, thats understandable.

At least it wouldn't be to Stinkin' Spuds or another EPL side.

And for a bad season, 11 in 32 games isn't bad at all for Gameiro.

Maybe he would go well with Cisse instead of clashing.

But I'd be just as happy to have Ba stay. Nice bloke, and did his bit for NUFC, I'll always be thankful for that.

Injuries aside, we need more quality strikers to come in when required.

We only have cisse and ba and when they go away on ACN duties then we are stuffed upfront. Also we are going to play in Europe next season and i cant believe cisse and ba being able to play in all competitions full time. If gameiro is available for cut price then he would the perfect addition and can come in place of cisse/ba or start up on Europa cup games and when ACN is on.

Injuries aside, we need more quality strikers to come in when required.

We only have cisse and ba and when they go away on ACN duties then we are stuffed upfront. Also we are going to play in Europe next season and i cant believe cisse and ba being able to play in all competitions full time. If gameiro is available for cut price then he would the perfect addition and can come in place of cisse/ba or start up on Europa cup games and when ACN is on.

I agree with that but i highly doubt Gamiero will come here to be a back up.... its first choice or it aint happening.

And when we signed Cisse that ship sailed.

What's wrong with having 3 decent strikers all being considered first teamers, playing based on form, fitness and fixture load? :)

Nothing wrong with it i just reckon Gamiero especially will prefer to go somewhere where he can be the main man and not back up to Cisse.....

If he wants to join and is fine with it then great but i cant see it.

I don't think gameiro has to be a back up. As I said cisse and can't both start every game if we are also going to play in Europe. Gameiro should be able to start in some games while in others coming in as sub to cisse or ba.

It's about having a squad of good players. If Gamiero risks putting someones nose out because there is "too much competition" for places, then tough shit. Those with the correct attitude will get the place in the side. You don't think Man Utd etc sign players and tell them their pecking order? No they don't, they tell them that they are part of a squad and will get plenty of games.

What happens if Ba's knee goes or Cisse pulls a hammy? Do we we stick with Best/Shola or another young squad player for six months or so?

Finding games for another good player won't be the problem. Finding wages and transfer fees might be.

It's about having a squad of good players. If Gamiero risks putting someones nose out because there is "too much competition" for places, then tough s***. Those with the correct attitude will get the place in the side. You don't think Man Utd etc sign players and tell them their pecking order? No they don't, they tell them that they are part of a squad and will get plenty of games.

What happens if Ba's knee goes or Cisse pulls a hammy? Do we we stick with Best/Shola or another young squad player for six months or so?

Finding games for another good player won't be the problem. Finding wages and transfer fees might be.

We are not Man Utd though and we dont get CL every year and dont have the income they have..... it will be very difficult for us on the income and wage structure we have to sign players like Gamiero as a squad player.

The only thing that worries me is how dead set against moving to us he seemed last summer. Maybe his time at PSG has made him re-consider things?

Or PSG waved a big wad of money in his face and the opportunity to stay in France.

Lets not also forget how dramatically our reputation has changed in the last 12 months too, especially in France.

It's about having a squad of good players. If Gamiero risks putting someones nose out because there is "too much competition" for places, then tough s***. Those with the correct attitude will get the place in the side. You don't think Man Utd etc sign players and tell them their pecking order? No they don't, they tell them that they are part of a squad and will get plenty of games.

We are not Man Utd though and we dont get CL every year and dont have the income they have..... it will be very difficult for us on the income and wage structure we have to sign players like Gamiero as a squad player.

Which is what i said at the end. You also have to bare in mind the possibility of Ba or Cisse leaving next year. What better than having a replacement already here?

Which is what i said at the end. You also have to bare in mind the possibility of Ba or Cisse leaving next year. What better than having a replacement already here?

True enough, if we have the finance to add someone like Gamiero to the squad and sign the players we need to strengthen ( such as RB, CB and maybe a CM etc) then brilliant i just doubt that we do is all.

Oh there is no chance that we will be looking to bring in Gameiro.

I think we will look to younger players to have as understudies to Cisse and Ba. Sammy will be one of them by the way.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If it was Ba for Gameiro I think it would be a great swap

No ACoN

Compliments Cisse instead of challenging him

Good temperament

Pedigree