Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Bump!

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9731295.Newcastle_offered_the_chance_to_sign_Gameiro/?

NEWCASTLE United have been offered an opportunity to sign former long-term transfer target Kevin Gameiro.

However, it looks as though the Magpies are set to miss out on one of their current targets with Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa set to be priced out of a switch to St James' Park.

Newcastle officials spent most of last summer tracking Gameiro, who eventually left Lorient to join Paris St Germain.

At one stage, United had a £10m offer accepted for the striker, but negotiations proved tortuous and the club eventually lost patience with the Frenchman's representatives.

Gameiro also proved reluctant to move to the North-East, preferring instead to remain in France's Ligue One.

He eventually made an 11m Euros move to Paris St Germain, signing a four-year contract at the Parc Des Princes, but his opening season in the French capital has not gone to plan.

Gameiro has failed to hold down a regular place in the PSG first team, and has suffered a major fall out with the club's manager, Carlo Ancelotti.

Ancelotti is understood to have instructed Gameiro's representatives to seek out a new employer, and Newcastle officials have been alerted to the 25-year-old's likely availability.

Ads by Google

Expat Living In Norway?

Do You Have £70K to £1.8m In UK Pensions? Free QROPS Guide!

Your.QROPSchoices.com/FreeGuide

Ny Arsenal drakt?

Arsenal drakter til 50% rabatt Godt utvalg i annet Arsenal utstyr.

www.fotballbutikk.no/arsenal

Malaga, who recently secured qualification for the Champions League after finishing fourth in La Liga, have been credited with an interest in the France international, but Newcastle's previous attempts to sign him have not been forgotten.

As things stand, Magpies manager Alan Pardew is unlikely to be in the market for a new centre-forward, having shelled out £9m in January to sign Papiss Cisse.

But that will change if Demba Ba leaves Tyneside this summer, a scenario that cannot be ruled out given the presence of a £7m buy-out clause in the Senegal striker's contract.

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias is reluctant to renegotiate the terms of Ba's deal just 12 months after signing him as he feels that would set a dangerous precedent for future players who have an impressive season.

However, with Ba free to talk to anyone willing to trigger his buy-out clause, Pardew is having to prepare a back-up plan in case the former West Ham striker opts to leave Tyneside.

Holland international Luuk de Jong is at the top of his list, but having pushed for Gameiro's arrival 12 months ago, he must now weigh up the pros and cons of making another approach this summer.

Pardew's main summer priority is to sign a new centre-half, but he is ready to switch his attention away from Yanga-Mbiwa despite Newcastle's scouting staff having watched the Frenchman extensively last season.

The 23-year-old will leave Montpellier after the club's chairman pledged not to stand in his way if he wanted to leave, but with the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United also having expressed an interest, a bidding war looks likely.

Both Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund have also been linked with the centre-half, who was named in France's provisional squad for Euro 2012, and Newcastle have accepted it will be extremely difficult to engineer a deal within their price range. As a result, Pardew is set to look elsewhere.

* Newcastle will take a reserve XI to Gateshead for a pre-season friendly on Wednesday, August 1 (ko 7.30pm).

If there's any truth in this article, would you take him? If the price is right maybe. I don't think he rejected us specifically, but PL in general. I imagine him being similar to bellamy but with better finishing skills? But he must work in a 4-3-3 too though.

Ahhh I remember me stating this in realistic transfer thread about a week ago. Cant see it happening though. Our board are stubborn bastards and once youve burned your bridges with them . you are f***ed

Ahhh I remember me stating this in realistic transfer thread about a week ago. Cant see it happening though. Our board are fickle bastards and once youve burned your bridges with them . you are fucked

Is that not a contradiction?

Ahhh I remember me stating this in realistic transfer thread about a week ago. Cant see it happening though. Our board are stubborn bastards and once youve burned your bridges with them . you are f***ed

Is that not a contradiction?

It is my BAD!

Thought it might be him. Straight swap for Ba?

I'd take it.

I'd take him if Ba leaves. Think Gameiro fits better with Cisse too. We've struggled at bit in the 4-4-2 formation and that's maybe because Cisse and Ba are too similar. . Both are classical center forwards who like to take part in the build up play. We could need an attacker who focuses mainly on the space behind the defense: Opposite movement in other words. We'd get that with Gameiro.

Haven't seen enough of him to really judge. Given the reports I was excited last year.

We are 2nd choice but can you really blame him from playing for an ambitious club in the capital of your country. If he did come here maybe he'd realise this maybe his last chance for now and a big club and knuckle down?

I'd take it.

I'd take him if Ba leaves. Think Gameiro fits better with Cisse too. We've struggled at bit in the 4-4-2 formation and that's maybe because Cisse and Ba are too similar. . Both are classical center forwards who like to take part in the build up play. We could need an attacker who focuses mainly on the space behind the defense: Opposite movement in other words. We'd get that with Gameiro.

I disagree .. I think Cisse's strength is his ability to play along the line of the defence and make runs in behind. However we never really got to see how the Cisse/Ba partnership was going to work. Due to Ba losing confidence and being incredibly tired in the legs department in the run in. I think theoretically Ba and Cisse is a better partnership, because Ba likes to drop in the hole and contribute to the build up play, like he did in the first half of the season. Then making a later run into the box. Whereas Cisse stays on the last defender and plays off his shoulder.

Genuinely don't quite understand why we aren't in the market for another striker anyway.  We can't go through a season with only Cisse, Ba and Ameobi.  Even if Best doesn't go, we should be looking to sign another striker.

I'd take it.

I disagree .. I think Cisse's strength is his ability to play along the line of the defence and make runs in behind. However we never really got to see how the Cisse/Ba partnership was going to work. Due to Ba losing confidence and being incredibly tired in the legs department in the run in. I think theoretically Ba and Cisse is a better partnership, because Ba likes to drop in the hole and contribute to the build up play, like he did in the first half of the season. Then making a later run into the box. Whereas Cisse stays on the last defender and plays off his shoulder.

Agreed, far too early to call the Ba-Cisse partnership a no goer.

Good point about Ba's tired legs. I think Ba would work well in a 4-3-3 formation.  But Cisse likes to drop into the hole to. Some of his holdup play was excellent. With Gameiro we get an even more specialized attacker. But ideally i'd like ba to sign a new contract.  Once Ba has recovered he'll be his old goal-scoring self. Being fresh and having Cisse and HBA to play with instead of Best and Shola doesn't hurt either....

Good point about Ba's tired legs. I think Ba would work well in a 4-3-3 formation.  But Cisse likes to drop into the hole to. Some of his holdup play was excellent. With Gameiro we get an even more specialized attacker. But ideally i'd like ba to sign a new contract.  Once Ba has recovered he'll be his old goal-scoring self. Being fresh and having Cisse and HBA to play with instead of Best and Shola doesn't hurt either....

Cisse can hold the ball up. But not as effective as Ba was at it before the African Nations. Primarily that what I see their roles being, but of course they will swap roles for periods during the game, so that Ba can have a rest.

Cisse can hold the ball up. But not as effective as Ba was at it before the African Nations. Primarily that what I see their roles being, but of course they will swap roles for periods during the game, so that Ba can have a rest.

Ba's hold up play home against Man-U was absolutely fantastic. One of the best performances I've ever seen from an nufc-attacker. He just danced around so effortlessly:  Kept  the ball so we could move the team upwards, but was also inside the box when needed. :smitten:

Ba's hold up play home against Man-U was absolutely fantastic. One of the best performances I've ever seen from an nufc-attacker. He just danced around so effortlessly:  Kept  the ball so we could move the team upwards, but was also inside the box when needed. :smitten:

Yeh it was incredible that performance. Looked a completely different player to the one that played against Everton and Wigan. In those last few games. Hope he hits that form again

Gamiero is a 9 just like Cisse infact they are very similar..... if you want 4-3-3 which iam pretty sure most of us do.

He wont fit even as a Ba replacement...... believe me iam not against the idea of signing quality as it seems iam against signing a lot of quality strikers recently lol its just i dont feel Gamiero and Giroud fit into the way we want to go forward.

Striker than can play wide and upfront is what i want and i dont feel Gamiero can provide that.