Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Where would Torres go, though? Can't see many clubs that would take his current wages.

And yes, I still think he has it, it's probably more mental than anything at this point and a fresh start with less pressure would do wonders for him

I think Torres might have to go abroad to rediscover his form. Would be a massive change of scenery and that's what he needs tbh. I think that he's losing his desire for PL football.

VI, I just found out that you guys are playing Al Saad in the CWC semifinals tomorrow night.

I expect a minimum of 15-0, okay?

:megusta:

They're a Qatari club though, given that we are Qatar's bitches they might call in some favors.

Fuck it, they probably did. I'm not even joking. :lol:

Where would Torres go, though? Can't see many clubs that would take his current wages.

And yes, I still think he has it, it's probably more mental than anything at this point and a fresh start with less pressure would do wonders for him

AC Milan. Galliani has often said he`d be interested in Torres.....but if they get Tevez I doubt they`d go for him too.

Milan though is a good possibility given their recent good track record and history of taking players on loan that previously went for massive transfer fees (ie: Zlatan  / Robinho/ /Aquilani and now very possibly Tevez.

Has there been a successful Spanish player in Serie A since Luis Suarez in the 60's? Would be an added gamble on top of him already suffering from Mendietaitis.

To be frank, very few Spanish players succeeded abroad until very recently, and not too many high profile players even went abroad to begin with. How many made it in England until the mid-2000s with Torres, Campo, Reina...?

Marcelino. Oh, wait...

Guest Howaythetoon

Anelka is a strange one. You could say he is a mercenary but didn't he once say that he views playing football as a job which ultimately supports his family which comes first. In all his moves after Arsenal he thought what's best for his family than what's best for his football. In that sense I don't think he is a mercenary. A mercenary is someone like Tevez. Anelka is a typical muslim in many ways, he will put his family above everything and him earning as much as he can from his 'job' is duty bound if you like. Apparently he's a model professional when it comes to training and whenever he plays gives it his all. As a footballer he was immense at times, especially in his early Arsenal days, frightning at times and destroyed us in the final with his pace and directness. Obviously down the line when football become a job to him he lost something from his game but he was a fantastic player, I would have loved him here and I wonder how we'd have fared with him up top rather than Owen which was what Souness really wanted.

I would have loved him here and I wonder how we'd have fared with him up top rather than Owen which was what Souness really wanted.

A lot, lot better I would think.

I really like Anelka, and I can understand why players would take the mega-money in China when they have the chance, but I just wish they wouldn't.

Has there been a successful Spanish player in Serie A since Luis Suarez in the 60's? Would be an added gamble on top of him already suffering from Mendietaitis.

don't think so.....here's a list

* Guillermo Amor – Fiorentina – 1998-00

* Iván de la Peña – Lazio – 1998-99, 2001-02

* Luis del Sol – Juventus, Roma – 1962-72

* Roberto Delgado – Lazio – 2003-05

* Javier Farinós – Inter – 2000-04

* Ricardo Gallego – Udinese – 1989-90

* César Gómez – Roma – 1997-98

* Josep Guardiola – Brescia, Roma – 2001-03

* Iván Helguera – Roma – 1997-98

* Luis Helguera – Udinese, Ancona – 2000-02, 2003-04

* Gaizka Mendieta – Lazio – 2001-02

* José Mari – Milan – 1999-02

* Óscar López – Lazio – 2004-05

* Rafael Martín Vázquez – Torino – 1990-92

* Javi Moreno – Milan – 2001-02

* Víctor Muñoz – Sampdoria – 1988-90

* Joaquín Peiró – Torino, Inter, Roma – 1962-70

* Javier Portillo – Fiorentina – 2004-05

* Juan Santistebán – Venezia – 1961-63

* Luis Suárez – Inter, Sampdoria – 1961-73

* Diego Tristán – Livorno – 2007-08

From the Beeb:

Fernando Torres not for sale - Chelsea boss Villas-Boas

Page last updated at 12:50 GMT, Thursday, 15 December 2011

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has insisted striker Fernando Torres is not for sale "at any price".

Villas-Boas was responding to the suggestion Torres will be sold during the January transfer window following a frustrating year at Stamford Bridge.

"It's not true, he is not available at any price," said the Portuguese.

"We are pretty sure when Fernando is called up he will respond with the quality and talent he has. We have to make the best decisions for the team."

Rafael Benitez, the man who brought Torres to English football, agreed with Villas-Boas that his countryman would eventually hit top form for the Blues.

Benitez, in charge of Liverpool when the Merseyside giants spent £20m on acquiring Torres from Atletico Madrid in 2008, said the striker would get his chance given that Didier Drogba is away on Africa Cup of Nations duty with Ivory Coast from mid-January.

Nicolas Anelka, another forward, has also been sold, to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua.

"He [Torres] knows he has to wait for his opportunity now," Benitez told BBC World Service's World Football show.

"He has to work hard in the training sessions and be ready. Drogba is playing well now but he will leave. Fernando has to show he is as good as we know he is."

Villas-Boas also responded to veteran midfielder Frank Lampard's recent complaints about being left out of Chelsea's starting line-up.

Lampard, an England international, started on the bench for the second successive game against Manchester City on Monday but scored his side's winner in a 2-1 victory.

"There are plenty of players that push for the starting XI and Frank is not the only one," added Villas-Boas.

"I think 'Lamps' is one of the top five players most used. Every player wants to be involved in every game but sometimes it's just not possible.

"We've been having conversations with all the players, we treat them all equally. The club's direction and fortune is the most important thing.

"There is no hiding that 'Lamps' represents the best in the history of the club. These are players of massive magnitude and represent Chelsea's success but in our opinion every player must be treated equally. Sometimes we can't please everybody."

In addition, Villas-Boas said he was confident Drogba would keep giving his all for the side, despite the club not planning to offer him the two-year deal he desires.

"There will be no question about his professionalism and integrity," said Villas-Boas at a media conference on Thursday. "I am sure he will keep on representing Chelsea this season."

TORRES AT CHELSEA

31 Jan 2011: Signed for £50m

2010/11 season: 18 appearances for Chelsea/1 goal

2011/12: 17 appearances/4 goals

Expressen are saying that Spurs have agreed to sign Rasmus Elm from AZ for €7.5m and personal terms have been agreed for the contract which will run until 2015.

Spurs (reportedly) wanted to sign him in January but AZ will only sell in the summer.

So, only 7 months or so to wait to find out if this story is complete bollox!

Expressen are saying that Spurs have agreed to sign Rasmus Elm from AZ for €7.5m and personal terms have been agreed for the contract which will run until 2015.

Spurs (reportedly) wanted to sign him in January but AZ will only sell in the summer.

So, only 7 months or so to wait to find out if this story is complete bollox!

Not the most reliable source. Sounds like a Modric replacement though. Not sure he's physical enough for England.