Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

He's not that bad FFS. I'm sure he'll do fine.

he really is that bad, he's so bad I quite happily prefer Glen Whelan, Keith Fahey or Keith Andrews to him for Ireland, all he can do is take long shots and he takes so many by sheer law of averages one of them is bound to go in sooner or later

I play Alternative like, played Pro Evo for years and play FIFA so infrequently that when I play it on Classic I just sky the ball from inside the box time and time again, or even worse chip it weakly into the keeper's hands like an absolute tit.

Aye, my mates gan spare cos I always have to faff round and do my very particular controls before we play. I go Alternative but I also have to fiddle with the triggers/bumpers cos I play them basically back to front too.

He's not that bad FFS. I'm sure he'll do fine.

he really is that bad, he's so bad I quite happily prefer Glen Whelan, Keith Fahey or Keith Andrews to him for Ireland, all he can do is take long shots and he takes so many by sheer law of averages one of them is bound to go in sooner or later

Yep. Pure dung.

Shame he's become the butt of so many jokes. The lad's only got 30 appearances in since 2005 but I can see fans getting on his back pretty quickly if he doesn't hit the ground running. Judging by twitter (not the best place to look for rational opinion, I know) a lot of fans are already on his back. Everton have now got their Obertan.

I'm perfectly willing to give him a chance, and hope he can prove doubters wrong. More regular football can only help him to improve. But that doesn't hide the fact I haven't been impressed with him in his career to date.

Thing is, the one place where we're not too short is centre midfield. Fellaini, Osman, Rodwell, Nevillle, Heitinga (those last 2 aren't preferable in midfield but that's where they've played a lot) are all there already. It also suggests Barkley isn't going to be given a real chance this season; shame.

Guest Heneage

I've only seen Chandler once (In the FA Vase) but he stood out as being FL quality. Sort of that deep lying playmaker, almost similar to Cabaye in the sense he's not big but he gets stuck in. Surprised Hartlepool or Carlisle didn't fancy him.

I'm sure he'll do alright tbh. Similar to Phil Neville, who everyone thought was f***ing w*** when at Man Utd but has been a decent signing for them (from an outsider's perspective).

Neville has been largely wank for us as well.

I hate this media myth that he's been one of our best players over the past 6 or 7 years or whatever. This season and last season in particular he's been fucking atrocious and in his 'prime' he was no more than a pretty solid full back. Always been a joke in midfield.

As I said before, never rated Gibson but he's got to be better than playing Neville or Heitinga. He will improve with more regular football as well won't he? Right, lads? Lads....?  :undecided:

I don't know how Man Utd do it, how they manage to offload their duffers to midtable Prem clubs whose aim would be to close the gap on the elite of the league. Better off going for gambles abroad than known cloggers/players-on-the-way-down IMO.

Everton are obviously in a great deal of financial difficulty, but they do it to most clubs. I'd think Man Utd's threat to Everton would be not too dissimilar to racketeering "Buy Gibson off us for £1m, or we'll buy Baines, Rodwell and Distin for £10m". :lol:

I've only seen Chandler once (In the FA Vase) but he stood out as being FL quality. Sort of that deep lying playmaker, almost similar to Cabaye in the sense he's not big but he gets stuck in. Surprised Hartlepool or Carlisle didn't fancy him.

He's played for England youth right up to U19 level, and a 'mackem at work' reckons it was only until he had a serious injury that he was being touted as being one for the fyewtcha.