Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Going to be so much tougher to get points of fulham, everton, swansea, liverpool etc this season. Getting quite nervous about even finishing in the top 8-9

Yep. So true.

Everton just came out of nowhere with their investment, and Jol and Laudrup are no mugs and have done very well with fairly average resources.

Very competitive season ahead.

Going to be so much tougher to get points of fulham, everton, swansea, liverpool etc this season. Getting quite nervous about even finishing in the top 8-9

Yep. So true.

Everton just came out of nowhere with their investment, and Jol and Laudrup are no mugs and have done very well with fairly average resources.

I think what's most irksome, is that none of these sides have spent mega wonga either. All have bought very astutely imo, so if Ashley didn't go for Debuchy et al owing to price, we should have had better options.

Fuck them. Fuck them all.

Yep. So true.

They sold Rodwell for a fair wedge to be fair. I'm sure Dembele's sale has pushed Fulham's recent transfer dealings forward as well.

Maybe (shock, horror) they're spending what they can afford.

They'll be able to afford it should they stay in the league. If they don't, they'll be going down, down, down

Well we've been in the same league for three years but are expected to believe that we can't afford more than £3m.

Spurs have apparently had a bid for Llorente accepted.

Bindipper not happy how things are going .................  Tony JFT96 ‏@Tony_The_Red

Spurs have submitted a higher bid for Llorente after last bid was rejected. Meanwhile were looking down backs of couches for Demps fee. #LFC

They'll be able to afford it should they stay in the league. If they don't, they'll be going down, down, down

Well we've been in the same league for three years but are expected to believe that we can't afford more than £3m.

We had a good window last summer in my opinion. I said it at the time when no one else agreed. We did well to get Cisse in January. This has not been a great window, we've still got a great team and I expect us to make additions in the future. If we don't, then I'll start to get worried, not now

We had a good window last summer in my opinion. I said it at the time when no one else agreed. We did well to get Cisse in January. This has not been a great window, we've still got a great team and I expect us to make additions in the future. If we don't, then I'll start to get worried, not now

How are additions in the future going to help us keep our players next summer without Champions League or at least Europa League football?

How are additions in the future going to help us keep our players next summer without Champions League or at least Europa League football?

I'm not going to talk about Champions League/Europa League football come next summer as there's no point talking about it two games in. Considering the season we've just had and the performances of many of our players, it's great everyone has stayed. Some other teams in our position have had to replace some of their best players. I think keeping the same players is the biggest key to long-term success and if we struggle until January I will be really disappointed if we sign no one then, but I personally don't think we're going to struggle as much as others are expecting. I think we're going to have a good season

:thup: good point

Spurs have apparently had a bid for Llorente accepted.

Bindipper not happy how things are going .................  Tony JFT96 ‏@Tony_The_Red

Spurs have submitted a higher bid for Llorente after last bid was rejected. Meanwhile were looking down backs of couches for Demps fee. #LFC

Sick of all this Spurs bollocks. True or not. Gets right on my tits.

It was in fairness, but we'll always struggle to hold onto them without CL football and CL football was always going to be even tougher this year with Chelsea shitting money like diarrhoea

It was in fairness, but we'll always struggle to hold onto them without CL football and CL football was always going to be even tougher this year with Chelsea shitting money like diarrhoea

So because of that we decided not to try and compete with Arsenal or Spurs? ???

Just because we have the same squad (bar 1 first-team addition) as last year doesn't mean we still have a team capable of reaching Europe again. We're effectively weaker this season than last, relatively speaking (despite not losing anybody), as the clubs around us have strengthened and we haven't to the same extent. It's just so disappointing that we won't capitalize on what was a terrific season last year and push on; it wouldn't have taken massive investment either...

Just because we have the same squad (bar 1 first-team addition) as last year doesn't mean we still have a team capable of reaching Europe again. We're effectively weaker this season than last, relatively speaking (despite not losing anybody), as the clubs around us have strengthened and we haven't to same extent. It's just so disappointing that we won't capitalize on what was a terrific season last year and push on; it wouldn't have taken massive investment either...

We have a fully fit Ben Arfa now, which we didn't have for more than half a season last season.

We have Cisse now that we only had from January onwards.

We have Marveaux now who we didn't have at all last season. Almost the same goes for Steven Taylor.

Don't think we're weaker even compared to with other clubs.

Think the only side that really did have a great transfer window was Chelsea.

Just because we have the same squad (bar 1 first-team addition) as last year doesn't mean we still have a team capable of reaching Europe again. We're effectively weaker this season than last, relatively speaking (despite not losing anybody), as the clubs around us have strengthened and we haven't to same extent. It's just so disappointing that we won't capitalize on what was a terrific season last year and push on; it wouldn't have taken massive investment either...

We have a fully fit Ben Arfa now, which we didn't have for more than half a season last season.

We have Marveaux now who we didn't have at all last season. Almost the same goes for Steven Taylor.

Outrageous statement that like, nearly every club looks stronger particularly the sides chasing us - Liverpool, Swansea, Fulham and Everton.

Outrageous statement that like, nearly every club looks stronger particularly the sides chasing us - Liverpool, Swansea, Fulham and Everton.

Was going to post the transfers for all those teams you mentioned. Thanks for saving me the time; agreed, saying that the premier league isn't stronger this year is crazy.

Swansea and Fulham surely won't be chasing a top 4 finish - which is Pardew's target. Agree about Everton.

No chance with Liverpool though, they'll need another 2 months or so to get their acts together.