Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

We need to get Laudrup.

Aye, believe it or not i'd take getting no players in as a trade off :lol:

Anyway.... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9788987/Thomas-Inces-return-from-Blackpool-to-Liverpool-hits-deadlock-as-clubs-fail-to-agree-over-price.html

:celb:

From that article:

Rodgers showed last summer when he determines a player’s value, he sticks to it. He walked away from a deal for Gylfi Sigurdsson, a player he had signed for Swansea and thought would agree to follow him to Liverpool, when the figures rose beyond what Rodgers felt was feasible.

Didn't Sigurdsson just turn them down for Spurs?

How do Spurs solve having loads of midfielders? Get Holtby & Belhanda, perfect plan.

Think there could be some bargains on offer though.

Huddlestone (talented passer but slow as fuck) and Livermore (wholehearted but with average ability) unbelievably are both England internationals.  Both are reckoned to be available for £6m ...... each that is, not for the two!

How do Spurs solve having loads of midfielders? Get Holtby & Belhanda, perfect plan.

Huddlestone (talented passer but slow as f***) and Livermore (wholehearted but with average ability) unbelievably are both England internationals.  Both are reckoned to be available for £6m ...... each that is, not for the two!

Bargains from Spurs. :yao:

Huddlestone (talented passer but slow as f***) and Livermore (wholehearted but with average ability) unbelievably are both England internationals.  Both are reckoned to be available for £6m ...... each that is, not for the two!

Bargains from Spurs. :yao:

:lol:  Sounds like Hudd is off to Fulham permanently,  Everton asked for Livermore on loan for the rest of season and Spurs have said no.

TBF Huddlestone alongside a grafter (Sidwell) is an alright midfield.

Sounds pretty grim to me.

It's an adequate midfield for an adequate mid-table team. Those two as a base with Ruiz, Kacalinic, Frei, whichever other 1 in 3 performances player they have is more than enough to get by in the PL.

Jol has worked with Huddlestone before and got decent rewards from him.

If not what if they change their names to  Huddlegalet and Sidpuits?

TBF Huddlestone alongside a grafter (Sidwell) is an alright midfield.

Sounds pretty grim to me.

It's an adequate midfield for an adequate mid-table team. Those two as a base with Ruiz, Kacalinic, Frei, whichever other 1 in 3 performances player they have is more than enough to get by in the PL.

Jol has worked with Huddlestone before and got decent rewards from him.

If not what if they change their names to  Huddlegalet and Sidpuits?

:lol:

Well, Huddlestone has always been a bit-part player in a good team where he has been alongside some very good players. Will be interesting to see him play every week though, there may be hope.

Less said about Sidcup the better.

One of Dyer's best games was at Villa Park as a wing-back, in a 0-0 draw. He had many qualities but his passing and shooting was very poor. He was more of a give and go, pace and dribble type of player. When fit and on form, he was a very good player but in general he just didn't hit the right notes often enough even when he was fit and playing regularly. By all accounts he's actually a decent bloke but couldn't handle the early fame and money and acted a prick at times. He was a disgrace towards Sir Bobby towards the end too, with his off the field behaviour. Something I think he regrets and will look back on with a hint of sadness no doubt. That was a very good attacking side we had under Bobby though and Dyer was a key part of that side when fit.

Disagree about his passing. Like I said earlier, no Paul Scholes but could zip it about nice and quick. He was always pretty good for us. You look at all our attacking players those days and you can't say they didn't do well for us overall. Solano, Robert, Dyer, Speed, Shearer & Bellamy where consistently among the leagues best attackers for 3 or so years.

He did have another 10/15% of potential that he didn't unlock. Would've got him a lot closer to the very best PL players.

I can't remember the exact game, or games, but I remember Dyer tearing us a new arsehole a couple of times. I vaguely recall a goal at Goodison where he basically sprinted at our defence from the halfway line, looped it over our defender and scored?

I can't remember the exact game, or games, but I remember Dyer tearing us a new arsehole a couple of times. I vaguely recall a goal at Goodison where he basically sprinted at our defence from the halfway line, looped it over our defender and scored?

Lobs it over 1 defender  while on the turn then burns him off, lobs another sliding challenge and finally lobs keeper, Paul Gerrard who makes a miserable effort to save it to be exact, one of my favourite ever goals. Absolutely superb.

Lobs it over 1 defender  while on the turn then burns him off, lobs another sliding challenge and finally lobs keeper, Paul Gerrard who makes a miserable effort to save it to be exact, one of my favourite ever goals. Absolutely superb.

I can't remember that one at all. To YouTube!

The two things that used to annoy me about Dyer was...

1. His short passing was never played along the ground with care... He used to pitch it up shin height forcing the receiving player to have to take an extra touch.

2. He couldn't play a 20-30 yard pass into space so he would carry the ball 15 yards and play a 5-10yard pass to a player now completely surround by the opposition.

He was rapid... And could play a good short defence splitting pass so he did have some vision and a decent finish on him...

I can't remember that one at all. To YouTube!

Top 100 NUFC Goals of last 20 years Part 2 - metacafe.

The two things that used to annoy me about Dyer was...

1. His short passing was never played along the ground with care... He used to pitch it up shin height forcing the receiving player to have to take an extra touch.

2. He couldn't play a 20-30 yard pass into space so he would carry the ball 15 yards and play a 5-10yard pass to a player now completely surround by the opposition.

He was rapid... And could play a good short defence splitting pass so he did have some vision and a decent finish on him...

Points 1 and 2 are pretty much spot on analyses in my opinion.