Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Also shouldn't be ignored that since 2010 Sneijder has been crap.

Who of Inter hasn't?

Bit harsh ok most haven't met previous standards but Sneijder has played at a level that would put me off even if his wages were sensible.

Fair enough. He's been worse than some others.

Still, think he's far too good player to go to a club like that.

But why shouldn't he go to Turkey or Russia? What makes them not worthy of having good players if they can pay them?

Because the players in question should be playing at a higher level? :dontknow:

Not saying he should go to England alone but i don't think he should go to Turkey or Russia for footballing reasons.

There's a lot of quality players in both of those leagues, football will stand still if we keep up the same believes that some leagues must always be better than others and that can't change.

Actually i agree with that.

That'd be Galatasaray who have very good chance of reaching the CL last 8.

Shame Turkey didn't get the Euro 2020, I think it'd have helped continue to bring their league on, maybe help dissipate power from Istanbul too.

He'll have to take a mad pay cut to go there anyway.

Think Schalke will beat them tbh, although i get what you're saying.

Schalke are almost as poor as we are (form wise) at the moment.

Hope he stays, at least 'til the end of the season, his stock isn't going to diminish in that time and it'd be great to see if Everton could get into Europe with him / plan effectively to replace him.

Either way, it shows how far his stock has fallen from '10 that he'd even entertain this move. One of those technically brilliant players who is maybe slowly becoming a little obsolete due to his lack of physicality/pace unfortunately, same as VdV.

Means nothing tbf, for starters the game doesn't happen for over a month and plenty can happen between now and then....

Anyway.... RMC: Montpellier reject Fenerbahce's €9m bid for Younes Belhanda

Guest Howaythetoon

One of Dyer's best games was at Villa Park as a wing-back, in a 0-0 draw. He had many qualities but his passing and shooting was very poor. He was more of a give and go, pace and dribble type of player. When fit and on form, he was a very good player but in general he just didn't hit the right notes often enough even when he was fit and playing regularly. By all accounts he's actually a decent bloke but couldn't handle the early fame and money and acted a prick at times. He was a disgrace towards Sir Bobby towards the end too, with his off the field behaviour. Something I think he regrets and will look back on with a hint of sadness no doubt. That was a very good attacking side we had under Bobby though and Dyer was a key part of that side when fit.

Wasn't sure where to put this but according to Everton's latest accounts their wages to turnover was at 75%. Which just goes to show, for all of the praise that Moyes has had (and deservedly so) there's another team that wouldn't be meeting any potential financial fair play regulations due to that ratio.

One thing that grinds my gears a little bit is the praise of Moyes( its deserved don't get me wrong) but on the financial side people act like his spending power is on the level of Wigan.....

He's spent a lot more money than the media will have you believe, with Fellaini being a prime example.

One thing that grinds my gears a little bit is the praise of Moyes( its deserved don't get me wrong) but on the financial side people act like his spending power is on the level of Wigan.....

He's spent a lot more money than the media will have you believe, with Fellaini being a prime example.

They'll have made a fair bit of that back over the years. Rooney, Lescott, Rodwell, Arteta all were sold for over or close to their record signing after minimal outlay.

Just going back to the Dyer discussion.

I don't think his ability or indeed technical attributes was ever in question, for me it was clearly his desire. Obviously he wasn't alone but he was one of the lead member's imo in players at the club were not bothered on iota.

I remember the away game at the Reebok (4-3) when I was about 15, and I pillaged his performance as 'pathetic'. I got absolutely hammered by another fan for saying it, and that was part of the problem, he was untouchable in a lot of our supporters eyes, and I still back what I said.

I wanted him to prove me wrong after that game, and although his injury record is abysmal, I never ever bought into the view he tried his best.

They'll have made a fair bit of that back over the years. Rooney, Lescott, Rodwell, Arteta all were sold for over or close to their record signing after minimal outlay.

:thup:

Moyes has a net spend of £14m since 2003 according to the Indy.

Trouble is, they've been consistently losing money during that period, despite that fairly small net spend. They usually have to sell to break even, and they usually don't break even.

Moyes has a net spend of £14m since 2003 according to the Indy.

Trouble is, they've been consistently losing money during that period, despite that fairly small net spend. They usually have to sell to break even, and they usually don't break even.

We have the worst, most incompetent board in the country bar none but because Bill Kenwright is a media luvvy it never gets a mention in the press. In fact, he actually gets loads of sycophantic praise for being a "great chairman" :lol:

They haven't invested a single penny in the club, either on players or the stadium, have cocked up two stadium moves, sold all of our property assets, sold the new training ground for buttons (which we now rent back every year for a fortune) and increased our debt in a big way. All this, while TV money and ticket prices have gone through the roof. The mismanagement of the club is shocking.

Anyway, I don't think Fellaini will go in January because he hasn't really been agitating for a move and there would be uproar from the fans if we sabotaged our CL chances ourselves. Think it's generally accepted he'll probably be off in the summer though.