Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I think his best game for us was in the 8-0 against Sheff Wed.

He had a great game then and also Leeds 3-4 where him and Solano had an unplayable second half.

Southampton away in the FA Cup springs to mind where he played the no. 10 role also.

I can't count many more though.

It's the obvious counter, but Southampton (a) in the cup for me.

He and Martins also had a canny little spell under Roeder.

Aye i thought he had nothing left to offer at the time and had a great spell behind Martins before we sold him.

Minhosa its basically talking bullocks :lol:

It's the obvious counter, but Southampton (a) in the cup for me.

He and Martins also had a canny little spell under Roeder.

Aye i thought he had nothing left to offer at the time and had a great spell behind Martins before we sold him.

Minhosa its basically talking bullocks :lol:

:lol: I'm not having that! The lad should be starting the England Paralympic Team, he's been injured that much.

For all the crying about how he wouldn't choose to be injured, I'd swap places with him. He's been a lucky boy to have earned such money when he's produced the sum total of jack for years.

At least we got a small return from him. WHU/QPR got absolutely sod all.

Of course he has but he's not going to turn the money down is he :lol: and nor would you in the same situation.

Not like he had something written in his contract that demands he is paid for doing f*ck all.

Anyway i thought he was great under Sir Bobby for the most part and had a great spell behind Martins under Roeder before we sold him and we got a good fee for him.

He has since hardly been able to start a game, no complaints from me.

Sure he had the ability to be more, but like with Woodgate it's not his fault he was terribly unlucky with injuries.

Obviously many people would swap places with him, that doesn't mean he's done anything wrong.

You know that cunt in your workplace, that fucking bad smell that can't be shifted, the pension hanger who's been with the company for 20+years that is so comfortable he produces fuck all save for turning up and sweating over his keyboard and scoffing his packed lunch? That's the real world equivalent of Kieron Dyer.

Shouldn't have been paid for the last 5 years. Robbed his employers blind.

I'm just pleased it wasn't us.

Obviously many people would swap places with him, that doesn't mean he's done anything wrong.

You know that cunt in your workplace, that fucking bad smell that can't be shifted, the pension hanger who's been with the company for 20+years that is so comfortable he produces fuck all save for turning up and sweating over his keyboard and scoffing his packed lunch? That's the real world equivalent of Kieron Dyer.

Terrible analogy that, doesn't work on any level.

You know that c*** in your workplace, that f***ing bad smell that can't be shifted, the pension hanger who's been with the company for 20+years that is so comfortable he produces f*** all save for turning up and sweating over his keyboard and scoffing his packed lunch? That's the real world equivalent of Kieron Dyer.

No we had Owen :)

Dyer's solo effort vs Southampton in the FA Cup man, unreal. The way he'd go deep, carry the ball and carry it forward - quick passing and dribbling etc, he was so fucking slick on the ball at times.

You know that c*** in your workplace, that f***ing bad smell that can't be shifted, the pension hanger who's been with the company for 20+years that is so comfortable he produces f*** all save for turning up and sweating over his keyboard and scoffing his packed lunch? That's the real world equivalent of Kieron Dyer.

No we had Owen :)

Another robbing cunt. Surprised anybody is daft enough to give them anything other than payp deals.

Guest neesy111

Before that Southampton game the whole team and manager had just been given a public big kick up the arse by Shepherd, one of the few times it worked. :lol:

Many fond memories of Dyer under Sir Bobby tbh.

He was unplayable in the second half of 01/02. Everton (6-2) was as good as I've seen a player perform for this club. Tore everything apart with his running, on and off the ball. Excellent passer as well. His link-up with Bellamy for that first goal at Leeds  :smitten:

I'd also say we wouldn't have stayed up if it wasn't for him and Martins in 06/07.

Dyer was generally good for us. Perhaps a bit over-rated in the media at the time but fact remains, he was an integral part of the second best Newcastle team in my lifetime.

he ran teams ragged as a CM, which is very rare these days. We'd overwhelm teams at times. Robert - Solano with the passing and delivery. Bellam-Dyer stretching teams, deadly on the counter & Shearer there to finish it all off. Jenas off the bench for some energy. Soft as owt team but played some great stuff at times.

Was pretty good under Souness & Roeder too. Remember Sporting being scared to death of him. then he got injured and we lost.

Aye he was no Paul Scholes but his passing was under-rated. Didn't grab lots of assists but his play was quick and snappy, slick. One twos, pass and move, scamper into space. He wasn't even great at beating players but he had good awareness of running into space. Same thing with Bellamy. Bellamy hasn't been properly fast in 3-4 years but he carries the ball into space well and makes intelligent runs into space and to create space.

Oh the days when teams had to worry about stopping our best players. **sigh**

I still like Dyer a lot and have great memories of him playing for us. He made mistakes when he was young but that video when he was interviewed after SBR's passing made me really feel for him. He wasted his peak. I'm sure some of his injuries were due to not conditioning himself as well as he could, and I'm sure he regrets not listening to SBR now. He was an excellent player for us, one of the best CMs we've had in the past 20 years and one of the few players that could dominate a match. He was electric on the ball, as fast as any other player on the pitch yet had the technical ability to go with it, too. His potential was massive.

Like I said, he wasted it and I'm sure he regrets it today, but we had some good times with him and I'll always remember them. He would have been great in any team of ours because he was devastating in the counter. Him and Bellamy at home to Leeds :drool:

I remember him standing doing a tea-pot impression on the post at barcelona!

Thats my remaining memory of the little shite, well that and generally being a wanker around the city. Anyone remeber the ferrari on the swing bridge.

Sahin going back to Dortmund. Bit of weird one him at Liverpool, also weird that Dortmund are taking him back considering how good their midfield is now anyway.

Will allow Leitner to replace Perisic ( who is leaving) and give them serious CM depth, which is one area where Bayern are leagues above Dortmund in the players they can can rotate or bring off the bench.

Gundogan, Sahin, Bender and Kehl is the dogs bullocks tbh.