Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Norwich signed Olsen from Blackburn? f*** you Pardew!!!!  :hmm:

I really hate the c*** of a owner we have with a bigger c*** as our director of football, while a clown is the manager. Feels like a bad black comedy movie.

Guest Roger Kint

Which one?

They only had Martin now didnt they? Cant remember if the other was still there or not. Its the decent one anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

I really hate the c*** of a owner we have with a bigger c*** as our director of football, while a clown is the manager. Feels like a bad black comedy movie.

:lol:

Which one?

They only had Martin now didnt they? Cant remember if the other was still there or not. Its the decent one anyway.

Fair enough, always thought he looked a good player

Building a mid-table team Norwich there. No relegation candidate anymore.

Love how they make signing players look so easy. You'd think it was impossible the way our lot go on.

People go on about our board the way a scorned woman does about her ex lover.

Love how they make signing players look so easy. You'd think it was impossible the way our lot go on.

And for good reason. They're hopeless.

Apparently the only offers for Benteke are from Spurs and they have all been derisorily low. This from the mouth of the son of a member of the board.,

Benteke's agent - who apparently is an absolute nightmare to deal with, even by football agent standards - has told him to out in the transfer request. Benteke is his only client, he's known him since he was a kid, he's basically his meal ticket.

I think his agent has advised him badly. There's no way Spurs are going to pay our valuation of him, if they're the only option.

Basically, he wants to be with his mates Lukaku, Hazard and De Bruyne in London.

If his agent reckons Levy is going to offer enough to get him, he's not really advising his client very well.

I am increasingly starting to think he'll be here this season after all. He can't play the cunt and go on strike or mope around all year as he wants to go to the World Cup and start games.

I'd think that part of it, a big part, is that they're signing players in competition largely with other teams of Norwich's level, which makes it easier for them.

And for good reason. They're hopeless.

Have your issues with the board, but don't make things up. We have made many similar signings within the last calibre year. Good for Norwich to sign a highly midfielder from a top Dutch team, but we did the same exact thing last season. We also signed Sissoko who is more highly regarded than Fer just a few months ago. Are you complaining specifically because we haven't signed any this window? It's hard to have much thought about it, when it is only nearing the midpoint and the usually much more active second half. August is where I'd think you would see most of the bigger business being completed.

I'd think that part of it, a big part, is that they're signing players in competition largely with other teams of Norwich's level, which makes it easier for them.

The transfer market is becoming even more stratified. It's one reason why I'm still astonished that we got Paulinho, and before him, Lloris. It's also the reason why you guys picked up all those kids last year.

I agree with you on Benteke. For me, the only conceivable scenario where we'd get him would be if there are a couple of fringe players on our books that Lambert fancies, who could sweeten the deal. I don't think he'd be interested in Defoe, sadly. We just don't have the spare cash available to spend the amount you seem to be asking for.

I'm not sure what would constitute a "derisory" offer, mind you. We just spent "rising to" 17M on one of Brazil's better players (at 24), so Levy would no doubt argue that Benteke shouldn't cost as much. That's meaningless of course, as Benteke is contracted to you, and what matters is how much he's worth to you. Like us with Berba, and Modric. 25M is nuts to anyone except the fantasy football clubs.

Basically, he wants to be with his mates Lukaku, Hazard and De Bruyne in London.

:lol: London is an hour from Birmingham by train. I've done it before. It is not a reason to jeopardise your future with the current employers.

I like Benteke a lot as a player. He was probably my favourite in the league last year style-wise, but he needs to cleanse himself of the money-takers he has hanging with him back from wherever. It's the same problem Ba and a lot of African or Afro-European players seem to have and it messes with their careers.

Apparently the only offers for Benteke are from Spurs and they have all been derisorily low. This from the mouth of the son of a member of the board.,

Benteke's agent - who apparently is an absolute nightmare to deal with, even by football agent standards - has told him to out in the transfer request. Benteke is his only client, he's known him since he was a kid, he's basically his meal ticket.

I think his agent has advised him badly. There's no way Spurs are going to pay our valuation of him, if they're the only option.

If his agent reckons Levy is going to offer enough to get him, he's not really advising his client very well.

I am increasingly starting to think he'll be here this season after all. He can't play the c*** and go on strike or mope around all year as he wants to go to the World Cup and start games.

Spurs man ... always over price their players, and then want to buy other people's for nothing. Scumbags of the highest altitude.

They should fork out for a more proven striker and all if they are really looking to keep Bale and push on.

Dirty cheapskates.

I'm not sure what would constitute a "derisory" offer, mind you. We just spent "rising to" 17M on one of Brazil's better players (at 24), so Levy would no doubt argue that Benteke shouldn't cost as much. That's meaningless of course, as Benteke is contracted to you, and what matters is how much he's worth to you. Like us with Berba, and Modric. 25M is nuts to anyone except the fantasy football clubs.

Derisory in the terms of what we want, not what he's worth. It's not about his actual value - which, for a player with half a season doing well in the PL wouldn't be massive - it's about what he is worth to us, as you said, and that is key.

Ultimately, anyone who wants him is going to have to pay well over the odds, and the last club I can imagine doing that is Spurs - not because you don't have the money (surely you're spending the Bale money before you get it and everyone doubles the prices, btw ;) ) but because Levy doesn't get raped in the transfer market.

I can't see Lambert taking players, either. He's apparently had his scouting team (who he brought from Norwich) doing massive amounts of work identifying targets, so he'd be way less likely to take players in the way, say, McLeish would have.

Definitely not Defoe, totally not a Lambert style player.

Going back to Benteke, I think his agent has advised him badly on this, but hey ho, we'll see how it pans out.