Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I've never really understood how first refusals work. The player wants to leave, you inform the club but they have to still agree a fee and the player has to be willing to move to them.

Feels more like a courtesy call to me unless a fee had been included as part of the agreement.

You have to inform the club of any bid that you've accepted for the player, and accept a matching bid they might make. It's stupid since you'd most likely do that anyway, and it doesn't force the player in any way. So they have next to zero practical effect.

In Spanish basketball a refusal/first option *does* force a player to go to the club that uses it, for example. That leads to the fun situation of clubs paying other clubs so they don't use the option on a player they want to sign.

Richard Dunne signs for QPR.

I am going to miss that guy. I loved the way, first day of the season, he'd be increasingly massively overweight, without fail.

Also, I note he went an entire season on our books but with a "mystery injury" only to play for Ireland days after the season ended. Funny, that. Still, we've had an Irish centre half with a similar "injury" before, if I recall.

Some of my Arsenal people are contacting me seething about this Fabregas rumour. Rambling about how nine year old children have never seen Arsenal take the league. :lol: I'd hate to see him move to that despicable club, though. He fixes many of their long standing issues.

Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Falcao, Lavezzi in Ligue 1  :puke:

I think all "top players" should play in the Premiership or for Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Fabregas. :megusta: Please let it happen.

I am not even a 100% why but one of my favourite non-Newcastle players, would be a top signing.

He's a class act. I just can't see him being interested. If he wanted to come back to England I would have thought it would be Arsenal or nothing.

Are you still interested in Fellaini?

:pilko:

Would be so pissed off if we signed Fellaini.

You make it sound noble, Baba. Playing in a second-rate league because teams offered the most money.

Someone like Cabaye came from a title team to a recently promoted midtable side because he would be paid more. If you offer an attractive destination and good payment people should come. The French League is competitive and well-covered. They will live in attractive cities, and compete for a major league title and the Champions League/Europa league most every season. I do not see the issue.