Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Howaythetoon

Bayern/Germany or AC/Italy would be perfect for him and I'd love to see him in that kind of environment over the cliched Barca/Real or Chelsea/Arsenal type scenario. France even, too.

That said he is such a gifted footballer he would be fine at any club to be truthful. In fact the slower the game speed/tempo the better he would be suited you feel because he has a wonderful brain, great vision and the ability to be a stroller type if need be.

Although as good as he is or was or can be, that 16 year-old that burst onto the scene for Everton.... he could have been something on a whole different level. Man Utd was great for him medal wise but for his own personal game I feel it has done nothing but harm to him. He was a free spirit capable of anything until he moved to OT to become a team-player, a hard working playmaker stroke goalscorer.

I remember him at Euro 2004, he was a beast, simply amazing. And how old was he, 18? That was Ronaldo esque stuff there man. The Brazilian Ronaldo btw.

He should of joined the Toon....

Seriously!

Guest Howaythetoon

The gym thing is bull s***, here in England in particular, we put far too much emphasis on gym work often to the detriment of the player. Rooney's problem is the fags and the booze. He's a casual smoker and drinker and for a top-flight player in the modern game that's simply not the way to treat your body. His stamina and fitness levels are superb and always have been but fatigue due to the smoking and drinking is catching up with him.

This time last year I started going to the gym regularly and added a bit of beef after a few months, and it effected my game. I felt heavier and less mobile and people noticed I was less quicker too.

I cringe when I hear people say "he needs to bulk up a bit" when refering to the likes of Sammy Ameobi et al. Does he f***. If he spent the time expected of him in the gym to bulk up in practicing his skills etc. he wouldn't need the gym.

A bloke who plays footy with us at 5-a-side is cock height, about 7 stone and old enough to be my dad, yet he's easily the most skilful and with it best performing player there.

Having said that, players do need to do some gym work but not of the beefing/bulking up variety. Just making sure all your muscles/body areas are getting enough of a work-out and maintaining a fitness regime is enough.

For Rooney, its the tabs and booze that will see a premature end to his career as a top-class player.

Wow ... sorry, but you are so wrong. Why do people automatically think gym work equals bulking up. Terrible mindset.

There are sports specific exercises that can help improve your game immensely. It's not just about going in there and doing bench presses and curls.

Your mentality is very old school.

I don't, but English footy clubs/managers/fans do look at some players and think hmmm, he needs to bulk up. Take Sammy, or even Ben Arfa for example.

You've totally misread my post btw.

The gym thing is bull s***, here in England in particular, we put far too much emphasis on gym work often to the detriment of the player. Rooney's problem is the fags and the booze. He's a casual smoker and drinker and for a top-flight player in the modern game that's simply not the way to treat your body. His stamina and fitness levels are superb and always have been but fatigue due to the smoking and drinking is catching up with him.

This time last year I started going to the gym regularly and added a bit of beef after a few months, and it effected my game. I felt heavier and less mobile and people noticed I was less quicker too.

I cringe when I hear people say "he needs to bulk up a bit" when refering to the likes of Sammy Ameobi et al. Does he f***. If he spent the time expected of him in the gym to bulk up in practicing his skills etc. he wouldn't need the gym.

A bloke who plays footy with us at 5-a-side is cock height, about 7 stone and old enough to be my dad, yet he's easily the most skilful and with it best performing player there.

Having said that, players do need to do some gym work but not of the beefing/bulking up variety. Just making sure all your muscles/body areas are getting enough of a work-out and maintaining a fitness regime is enough.

For Rooney, its the tabs and booze that will see a premature end to his career as a top-class player.

Wow ... sorry, but you are so wrong. Why do people automatically think gym work equals bulking up. Terrible mindset.

There are sports specific exercises that can help improve your game immensely. It's not just about going in there and doing bench presses and curls.

I don't, but English footy clubs/managers/fans do look at some players and think hmmm, he needs to bulk up. Take Sammy, or even Ben Arfa for example.

Ah right, you're referring more to the too small to play, must bulk up mentality. Yeah,  really think that is disgraceful.

I certainly think Rooney could do with sticking to whatever gym programme they put together for him. He has no lean muscle, and is carrying too much weight. It's definitely affected his "suddenness" i.e. his quickness, burst and explosiveness. All those great physical abilities he had as a youngster have gone. He didn't put in the work to maintain and even enhance them.

Look at Christiano Ronaldo in comparison. It's a shame.

Guest Howaythetoon

One year experience in going to the gym and you expect to see results of that of professional athletes? You can definitely get quicker by growing your legs. I've experienced it before.

Eh, no :lol:

After going to the gym for 6 months or so I bulked p and it effected my pace, mobility etc. I didn't intentionally bulk up nor needed to, its just that every week for example say bench press you would try and lift more and as a result you would naturally bulk up a bit. Mind I can go to the gym for say 2 months and bulk up easily for some reason.

As for legs, you're right, you can improve speed, mobility, the lot with leg work, but it is easier to develop your upper body over your legs so the legs are always gonna play catch up compared to other areas of your body.

My upper body bulked up at a rate of knots compared to the leg work for example.

Sorry but this is BS. You can't compare your routine to what Wayne Rooney could do at Manchester United. He has the best fitness, strength and nutritional coaches and experts money can buy. He could be more lean and more muscular AND a better athlete if he dedicated himself.

It's not just the fags. I'm sure he doesn't drink Jack on the rocks or with flavoured water, he probably drinks calorie ridden beer. And I'm 100% sure he doesn't eat very well at all which is VERY important. It's rarely one or two things. Wayne Rooney is not the best natural athlete (or the worst) but his lifestyle compounds that.

You look at Cronaldo you can tell he has dedicated himself to every facet of football. Technical training, fitness training, diet, lifestyle everything. Gareth Bale too. You can gain lean muscle, add explosiveness without slowing down. Cronaldo/Bale have the physique's of long distance sprinters (200m/400m) muscular but lean enough to have incredible endurance.

It's not a choice. You can train technically very hard and then train fitness wise very hard. It's clear Cronaldo/Bale do just that, they've added technical skills to their games as well as physical. It seems Wayne would rather just play for 90 mins. It's understandeable to a degree, when fitness has never been your strong point, you won't enjoy focusing on improving that to elite levels.

One year experience in going to the gym and you expect to see results of that of professional athletes? You can definitely get quicker by growing your legs. I've experienced it before.

After going to the gym for 6 months or so I bulked p and it effected my pace, mobility etc. I didn't intentionally bulk up nor needed to, its just that every week for example say bench press you would try and lift more and as a result you would naturally bulk up a bit. Mind I can go to the gym for say 2 months and bulk up easily for some reason.

As for legs, you're right, you can improve speed, mobility, the lot with leg work, but it is easier to develop your upper body over your legs so the legs are always gonna play catch up compared to other areas of your body.

My upper body bulked up at a rate of knots compared to the leg work for example.

That's very interesting, but what has all this got to do with the blokes point that if Rooney had the determination that Ronaldo had, and proved it by among other things following his excercise programs, he would not be in the position he is now?

Guest Howaythetoon

Sammy absolutely needs to bulk up, at least in the legs. One bad tackle and his shin will snap in half.

Seriously. I've met the guy and his calves and thighs would put yours and mine to shame. He looks skinny but in reality he's an err, lean mean fighting machine.

I'm 6ft dead on and just under 14 stone and I have skinny legs, but I look tall and slim enough. Sammy is much taller and slimmer, I have a 36 inch waist, he a 32, but his calves and thighs being all muscle put mine to shame. He doesn't need to bulk up at at all. He's an Adonis of a man body wise. He just needs to maintain his physique/shape and focus more on skills etc.

Nonsense, man. If you've overdeveloped your upper body in comparison to your legs it's because you didn't concentrate enough on the lower body. Or just rubbish at training legs.

Messi bulked up, lost speed, and became the world's best. Increased core strength and balance helped him immensely. Every player needs something different.

Core is essential for every athlete I think but I totally agree about everyone needing different, all depends.

That's not true either. Your legs are the biggest strongest muscles on your body and have the most potential. If all you did was squat/bench you would hit a plateau on the bench long before you hit it on the squats.

Cronaldo is a flat track bully because he's stronger and faster than damn near everyone else. Same thing with Bale.

Guest Howaythetoon

That's all good, but what has this got to do with the blokes point that if Rooney had the determination that Ronaldo had, and proved it by among other things following his excercise programs, he would not be in the position he is now?

I've went off on a tangent, I'm attacking the view point that players need to bulk up/beef up etc.

I look at Rooney body wise and see a well proportioned, physically well off bloke to be honest. Could he lose more weight, slim down, cut some body fat out etc.? Of course, we all could. Would that make him much better footballer though? It might improve his game a little but I dare say cutting out the fags and the booze and maybe junk type food would be much more beneficial to his game than extra gym work...

That's my whole point RE Rooney.

My stuff about bulking up etc. is valid stuff I feel given the mentality within our game especially from the fans and certain managers. Again, people look at Sammy and think the lad could do with a good meal and some extra gym work. Bull shit is all I say.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nonsense, man. If you've overdeveloped your upper body in comparison to your legs it's because you didn't concentrate enough on the lower body. Or just rubbish at training legs.

Look, its far easier to develop other parts of your body than your legs. You could train your legs the same as your train any other area of your body but your biceps for example will develop far more than say your calves given the same time and effort training them.

That's all good, but what has this got to do with the blokes point that if Rooney had the determination that Ronaldo had, and proved it by among other things following his excercise programs, he would not be in the position he is now?

I've went off on a tangent, I'm attacking the view point that players need to bulk up/beef up etc.

I look at Rooney body wise and see a well proportioned, physically well off bloke to be honest. Could he lose more weight, slim down, cut some body fat out etc.? Of course, we all could. Would that make him much better footballer though? It might improve his game a little but I dare say cutting out the fags and the booze and maybe junk type food would be much more beneficial to his game than extra gym work...

My stuff about bulking up etc. is valid stuff I feel given the mentality within our game especially from the fans and certain managers. Again, people look at Sammy and think the lad could do with a good meal and some extra gym work. Bull s*** is all I say.

Your points contradict. If he stopped the fags, drinks and ate properly he would lose weight and be a better footballer.

Any athlete knows it's at least 50% training, 50% diet. It's a lifestyle. Rooney isn't focused in the gym and he's not focused on his diet. It's piss poor.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shola btw, another Adonis of a man, physically he looks in great shape, but its too much, its slowed him down.

Anyone ever had a fight with a bigger lad? Dance about a bit and he gets knackered and you can go in for the kill. I've seen 10 stone lads knock out 15 stone lads with not an ounce of fat on them.

My point, again, is that when it comes to fitness and strength etc. its more about conditioning and the right kind of regime, hence why I posted what I did about KK.

At Liverpool he was stronger, bigger etc. but at Hamburg he was leaner, slimmer, quicker and with it fitter. He lost 2 stone in Germany but said he never looked better nor felt better.

When he returned to Southampton he was told to eat more etc, but refused and carried on with his own personal training.

That bulk up mentality still exists in our game, even at big clubs with lots of so-called experts.

Ah right, you're referring more to the too small to play, must bulk up mentality. Yeah,  really think that is disgraceful.

I certainly think Rooney could do with sticking to whatever gym programme they put together for him. He has no lean muscle, and is carrying too much weight. It's definitely affected his "suddenness" i.e. his quickness, burst and explosiveness. All those great physical abilities he had as a youngster have gone. He didn't put in the work to maintain and even enhance them.

Look at Christiano Ronaldo in comparison. It's a shame.

Exactly.

Guest Howaythetoon

My stuff about bulking up etc. is valid stuff I feel given the mentality within our game especially from the fans and certain managers. Again, people look at Sammy and think the lad could do with a good meal and some extra gym work. Bull s*** is all I say.

Your points contradict. If he stopped the fags, drinks and ate properly he would lose weight and be a better footballer.

Any athlete knows it's at least 50% training, 50% diet. It's a lifestyle. Rooney isn't focused in the gym and he's not focused on his diet. It's p*ss poor.

If he stopped the fags and booze, he would be fitter. He's already at a good physical level RE his body/training etc. Rooney is not out of shape or unfit because of lack of time in the gym etc.

If he were, then we are all fucked...

Shola btw, another Adonis of a man, physically he looks in great shape, but its too much, its slowed him down.

Anyone ever had a fight with a bigger lad? Dance about a bit and he gets knackered and you can go in for the kill. I've seen 10 stone lads knock out 15 stone lads with not an ounce of fat on them.

My point, again, is that when it comes to fitness and strength etc. its more about conditioning and the right kind of regime, hence why I posted what I did about KK.

At Liverpool he was stronger, bigger etc. but at Hamburg he was leaner, slimmer, quicker and with it fitter. He lost 2 stone in Germany but said he never looked better nor felt better.

When he returned to Southampton he was told to eat more etc, but refused and carried on with his own personal training.

That bulk up mentality still exists in our game, even at big clubs with lots of so-called experts.

:undecided: more to do with which one of them can fight than their size. You put two lads who are at the same level of fighting ability I wouldn't be backing the 10 stoner :lol:

holy fucking shit, does anyone really think someone took a look at wayne rooney and decided the best thing for him would be to bulk up? Or do you think they told him to hit the gym to work on his endurance/fitness levels? and another shocker: some people actually walk out of a gym weighing less than when they went in. strength is not 100% correlated with muscle mass anyway, give it up.