Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

The key thing is other clubs are improving their teams while we aren't. In the words of Pardy..."If we stand still we're going backwards because every other club has extra funds"

Yes they are but they still don't have better teams than our own IMHO the biggest issue is the retard of a manager who somehow managed to take a 5th place finish to 16th in one year.

Get Pardew out the door and there isn't a single concern in my mind about relegation or any of that lark.

Not going to happen anyway but meh.

The key thing is other clubs are improving their teams while we aren't. In the words of Pardy..."If we stand still we're going backwards because every other club has extra funds"

Yes they are but they still don't have better teams than our own IMHO the biggest issue is the retard of a manager who somehow managed to take a 5th place finish to 16th in one year.

Get Pardew out the door and there isn't a single concern in my mind about relegation or any of that lark.

Not going to happen anyway but meh.

We do have a good team but I'd definitely take a few of the strikers* signed by other clubs. If we don't get at least 2 strikers in it doesn't really matter who the manager is because we'll be completely fucked.

*That one at Cardiff and Bony Moronie for a start.

Yep people are forgetting the quality of most of our first eleven. The problem is the management which won't be addressed because we have a monkey running the club.

I don't think they are, most people would agree our starting XI is alright.

It's the totally disregard for strength in depth they're annoyed by with particular reference with us being unable to keep key players fit for extended periods of time.

Not too forget that many of the players that were guaranteed their places last season went to shit, IMO, partially because they knew they'd keep their place so there is no incentive to improve.

Yep people are forgetting the quality of most of our first eleven. The problem is the management which won't be addressed because we have a monkey running the club.

The quality is there in parts, the balance is nowhere near. You can have 11 world class players but if there is no balance it's shit. We have no balance on wings at all. Critical area for me. Ben Arfa likes to drift inside, Jonas is just Shit, Marv is not a winger.

We do have a good team but I'd definitely take a few of the strikers* signed by other clubs. If we don't get at least 2 strikers in it doesn't really matter who the manager is because we'll be completely f***ed.

While that is true i'd also argue that no matter how many strikers we buy it wouldn't change a thing.

Convinced no matter who we buy, Pardew will find a way to f*ck it up.

There are levels of shitness though. One of those levels includes being relegated. I think we're going to be shitter with Shola in the team than with a decent striker in the team. I agree that we'll never reach our potential with pards in charge, but I sure as fuck don't want to go into the season with no depth AND Alan pardew in charge. Him being shit is no reason not to stack the squad with talent. In fact, it's giving him a ready made excuse.

Me either, but it'd certainly be less likely than if we didn't have them. And it's one less excuse for pardew. And if pardew did get the boot, I'd want to have the best squad possible for the next guy. We are weaker than last year, not strengthening is suicidal.

I thought Veratti was still pushing for the first team, pretty young etc? Is his situation that related to whether they'll move for Cabaye? They're quite different types of CM as well.

I still don't think PSG will go for Cabaye.

I don't think they are, most people would agree our starting XI is alright.

It's the totally disregard for strength in depth they're annoyed by with particular reference with us being unable to keep key players fit for extended periods of time.

Not too forget that many of the players that were guaranteed their places last season went to shit, IMO, partially because they knew they'd keep their place so there is no incentive to improve.

Fair play, agree with most of that. The teams around where we finished had worse though imo. I am convinced a lot of our squad would be better under better coaching, people who knows how to nurture youth and people who know how to work with player's strong points while improving their weaknesses.