Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Southampton agreed to accept a further £3m from Tottenham and forego the £5m in add-ons, and scrapped the 25 per cent sell-on fee.

:lol:

Whoops!

suppose they were strapped at the time though.

Yup, they were. Negotiated the same for Walcott too.

Southampton agreed to accept a further £3m from Tottenham and forego the £5m in add-ons, and scrapped the 25 per cent sell-on fee.

Whoops!

Aye, could argue that without this money they'd not have got promoted so they're probably better off for it.

Guest Roger Kint

Whoops!

Aye, could argue that without this money they'd not have got promoted so they're probably better off for it.

True but its hard not to think what could have been if/when he does go for obscene money.

Guest Phil K

Bale is one of those rare players who - almost - ARE as good as the hype.

Without Bale, Spuds would struggle to get in top 6

Guest icemanblue
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Nt5MD_TNUTQ/RwQP4ylRd2I/AAAAAAAAAMI/6D6C_IWBF5Q/s320/south-park-smug-313.jpeg

Not gonna happen unless ManU get really crazy about the offer. €50m and I can see our board start to having doubts. We could get us Gündogan for less than that.

The lone silver lining of Thiago leaving is that Cesc will play more in midfield, where he should always be.

Not gonna happen unless ManU get really crazy about the offer. €50m and I can see our board start to having doubts. We could get us Gündogan for less than that.

The lone silver lining of Thiago leaving is that Cesc will play more in midfield, where he should always be.

Where have they been playing Cesc?

You did play Cesc as a CM for much of when i watched you, i saw Iniesta on the left with Cesc and Xavi in the middle.

I didn't watch you much in 2nd half of season mind....

Where have they been playing Cesc?

Wing or deep-lying #9

Thing is that Cesc had two great spells on the left, where we also played some of the best football of the past two years, and Guardiola/Vilanova stubbornly stuck with that, as a way to play Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc together. But it makes us way too flat.

I'm intrigued by our new manager, though, it's hard to predict exactly what we'll do.

Bale is one of those rare players who - almost - ARE as good as the hype.

Without Bale, Spuds would struggle to get in top 6

Well, maybe. Without Bale, our team is Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Kaboul, BAE, Dembele, Paulinho, Sandro, Chadli, Adebayor, Lennon. The subs are Friedel, Defoe, Dawson/Caulker, Holtby, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Dempsey - plus Rose, Hudd, Parker etc etc. And, what, 60M pounds to spend? Not that he's not an extraordinary player, but I'd back us to get sixth.

The hype on Bale swings both ways.