Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

No matter what you think of Bale, he is fantastic like. Powerful, Quick, Tricky and hell of a shot. reckon he would be class in any team, all you have to do is give him the ball, and he comes looking for it - similar to how Rooney was a few years back but a lot more explosive.

To think how he started at Spurs when Spurs lost every game he played in, it's been some transformation and droopy face deserves credit for that. Kind of gives me hope for Shola in next 10 years if we get the right manager :)

They're currently a one man team but that money buys you a brilliant team.

The money could transform them into title challengers. May lose Bale but that money could buy 2 to 4 players that would transform them I reckon.

Ball hasn't even been competitievly kicked yet, still very early days  :lol:

Personally though think he's not the right man for the job, but you've got to give him a year at least to see if he can do it.

Guest icemanblue

How's that then?

Breaking news on SSN.

Martino: All bids for Fabregas will be rejected.

Right. So that constitutes a 'nightmare'? Because he can't get one player?

How's that then?

Breaking news on SSN.

Martino: All bids for Fabregas will be rejected.

Right. So that constitutes a 'nightmare'? Because he can't get one player?

Yeah, he's been too public regarding Fabregas. He look silly.

Plus the whole Rooney thing he didn't handle that great, with his goofy comments.

They've also been underwhelming in the pre-season so far.

Ordinarily probably not a big deal to an established manager, but for a new guy who isn't that high profile, taking over at Man U it creates more pressure.

No doubt about it.

Gary Hooper signs for Norwich

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/8841800/gary-hooper-completes-switch-to-norwich-from-celtic-on-four-year-deal

I work about 5 minutes from Carrow Road and all the season ticket holders in our office are going mad, first time I've ever been jealous of Norwich in a transfer window :lol:

They have made some decent looking signings, if they all settle in well I can't see Norwich having any run in with relegation next season.

Since when did Hooper become this player of apparent star quality? Seen nothing from him to suggest he'll be anything better than decent. He'll score a few goals, as he should.

Hooper's a very tidy player, just lacks that yard to make him extra-special. Seems an odd move when they've just added a very similar player in terms of van Wolfswinkel, though.

Hooper's a very tidy player, just lacks that yard to make him extra-special. Seems an odd move when they've just added a very similar player in terms of van Wolfswinkel, though.

Hooper is a poacher, I'm sure I read RvW prefers to drop off from the front. Might be wrong like. Anyway squad depth and all that carry on.

Hooper is a poacher, I'm sure I read RvW prefers to drop off from the front.

Cannae help yourself, can you? :laugh:

van Wolfswinkel has played on the shoulder as much as anything every time I've seen him and has largely played as a lone striker (i.e. no history of forming good partnerships). Hooper was at his best when paired with Paul Hayes at Scunthorpe, who I can only really describe as a budget Teddy Sheringham sort of player.

van Wolfswinkel isn't of the same mould as that and isn't a target man either.

Moyes has been strangely too vocal about things since he took over, I guess he wanted to put on a strong profile right off the bat but might backfire on him. Comments on Rooney were really clumsy and if they don't land Cesc he will look silly after being so determined about it.

Moyes has been strangely too vocal about things since he took over, I guess he wanted to put on a strong profile right off the bat but might backfire on him. Comments on Rooney were really clumsy and if they don't land Cesc he will look silly after being so determined about it.

I've been a bit surprised by how he's started at Man Utd but maybe you're right with that theory.

I have to say he was exceptional with the media with us. Professional but straight-talking.