Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Yep people are forgetting the quality of most of our first eleven. The problem is the management which won't be addressed because we have a monkey running the club.

I don't think they are, most people would agree our starting XI is alright.

It's the totally disregard for strength in depth they're annoyed by with particular reference with us being unable to keep key players fit for extended periods of time.

Not too forget that many of the players that were guaranteed their places last season went to shit, IMO, partially because they knew they'd keep their place so there is no incentive to improve.

Fair play, agree with most of that. The teams around where we finished had worse though imo. I am convinced a lot of our squad would be better under better coaching, people who knows how to nurture youth and people who know how to work with player's strong points while improving their weaknesses.

True, but given the coaching / management is unlikely to change the only way we're liable to improve is through better personnel currently. Plus if Pardew does leave and god forbid we get someone capable in then the uplift will be even higher.

Anyone know much about Philipp Hosiner, Austria Vienna striker? Apparently we're after him. Know very little about him, other than he scored a fuck load of goals for AV last year.

@TEAMtalk 1m

Toulouse chairman Olivier Sadran has revealed they have accepted an £8.6m bid from #Cardiffcity for Etienne Capoue: http://bit.ly/137hi0U

http://25.media.tumblr.com/68de82cdc2f3e28db4b3d4b07f00b7a4/tumblr_mhcw0k0RtJ1qe2am5o1_250.gif

:lol:

:anguish: That's an absolute coup(oue) for them.

People are overrating the signings made by other clubs because we are signing no one.

Most of the signings made this summer are not that good and wouldn't improve us.

I would still take our squad over half the division, the problem is Pardew is dragging the team down to the lower teams level.

Signing players won't fix anything either, we are looking at mediocre mid table garbage and that has nothing to do with the signings being made.

Disagree. There's a lack of pace, power, aerial ability and strength within our side. Any team with this combination that aren't vastly superior in their style is going to struggle with that.

Van Wolfswinkel, Bony, Hooper, and Altidore would all be great additions to our squad and vast improvements over what we have. And that's not just because Shola is totally hopeless, but because those four are all competent strikers capable of double-digit goals.

While I think our starting XI is good, that's not all it takes to win in this league. And our squad isn't nearly good enough to compensate for Pardew's ludicrous decisions.

Two unproven fullbacks in this division. Slow and injury prone first choice CB.

No wingers. Not a lot of pacy players. I'm not sure we have a 15 goal a season striker and i'm certain we don't have a good all-rounder.

What is Pardew's fault is we have a number of central midfielders that have some quality within them and Pardew hasn't found the correct balance at all.

Van Wolfswinkel, Bony, Hooper, and Altidore would all be great additions to our squad and vast improvements over what we have. And that's not just because Shola is totally hopeless, but because those four are all competent strikers capable of double-digit goals.

That's quite a claim that. Only Altidore has any experience in this league, and he wasn't that good. You're obviously right they are improvements over what we have though, as what we have other than Cisse is shite.

Not really that outlandish. All those players have hit 20+ at least twice in their careers (save Bony), clearly demonstrating their ability to put the ball in the back of the net with consistency. With enough playing time, all 4 should be capable of double digits.

Not really that outlandish. All those players have hit 20+ at least twice in their careers (save Bony), clearly demonstrating their ability to put the ball in the back of the net with consistency. With enough playing time, all 4 should be capable of double digits.

Well we'll see obviously, just think it's a bit ambitious. RVW might well do it, Bony maybe, Altidore I would be amazed and Hooper probably not. IMO anyway.

Don';t know how much he's improved by but Altidore looked terrible when he played for Hull or whoever that season on loan.

Yep. He has all the attributes though but I think he needs to start well for Sunderland (god I hope not) or else the prem could swallow him up again. Di Canio seemed to be giving him abuse yesterday for missing a sitter in a friendly :lol:

Don';t know how much he's improved by but Altidore looked terrible when he played for Hull or whoever that season on loan.

Yep. He has all the attributes though but I think he needs to start well for Sunderland (god I hope not) or else the prem could swallow him up again. Di Canio seemed to be giving him abuse yesterday for missing a sitter in a friendly :lol:

Saw him manufacture a couple of half chances for himself in that Spurs game, he looked quite lively. Still think he won't make it, but we'll see.

Well we'll see obviously, just think it's a bit ambitious. RVW might well do it, Bony maybe, Altidore I would be amazed and Hooper probably not. IMO anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it's no guarantee by any means. And I don't think they'll all get there, as it depends as much on playing time and service. But it helps that each has a proven ability to score goals, whereas we could start Shola every game (god helps us) and he'd be lucky to hit 10 in a season.

People are overrating the signings made by other clubs because we are signing no one.

Most of the signings made this summer are not that good and wouldn't improve us.

I would still take our squad over half the division, the problem is Pardew is dragging the team down to the lower teams level.

Signing players won't fix anything either, we are looking at mediocre mid table garbage and that has nothing to do with the signings being made.

It's all relative. So-called lesser teams are signing players who will improve the standard of their squad. They are moving forward.

Trust me, I know all about standing still while other teams make steps forward. It's the same here, surely. I'm not saying the players other teams are buying are world-beaters but, with no small cause being the increase in money from the new Premier League deal, teams who you would tend to think are bottom-half teams are buying players who are not bottom-half players. They are showing ambition and, regardless of whether it's all down to money, are progressing their clubs.

So while you can debate the quality of the players in relation to how you'd see them in Newcastle's pecking order (and fwiw, I think you're overrating the quality of your overall squad/underrating what these players could bring), the point is if you're standing still in this league, you're actually going backwards.

I think you've still got - at least when on form - a very good first XI but yeah, I can see why people are frustrated to put it kindly at the inactivity while teams you'd normally expect to finish above are making clear strides forward with progressing their squads.

It's all relative. So-called lesser teams are signing players who will improve the standard of their squad. They are moving forward.

Trust me, I know all about standing still while other teams make steps forward. It's the same here, surely. I'm not saying the players other teams are buying are world-beaters but, with no small cause being the increase in money from the new Premier League deal, teams who you would tend to think are bottom-half teams are buying players who are not bottom-half players. They are showing ambition and, regardless of whether it's all down to money, are progressing their clubs.

So while you can debate the quality of the players in relation to how you'd see them in Newcastle's pecking order (and fwiw, I think you're overrating the quality of your overall squad/underrating what these players could bring), the point is if you're standing still in this league, you're actually going backwards.

I think you've still got a very good first XI but yeah, I can see why people are frustrated to put it kindly at the inactivity while teams you'd normally expect to finish above are making clear strides forward with progressing their squads.

:thup:

I don't necessarily disagree with that either, other clubs are making some decent moves. But I do think we're going overboard with how great they are because of the lack of progress we've had ourselves.

They don't need to be great to beat this team.

I don't necessarily disagree with that either, other clubs are making some decent moves. But I do think we're going overboard with how great they are because of the lack of progress we've had ourselves.

I get peoples points. We came 16th and haven't improved at all yet, whereas all the teams that finished above us, and the one below us, are improving their squads. Therefore it's compounding the fact we aren't strengthening. Obviously 2 strong signings would change things a lot for us.

Not really. Cisse's form is crucial if we don't get at least one other first team striker in capable of hitting the net regularly.

Gouffran looks quite capable in a central role tbf and scored some vital goals last season to keep us up.

Anyway i agree with Neil's post, my point was that the main reason everyone is so concerned is because of the moron in charge.

With a better manager you could use the players we have to be well clear of relegation trouble.

This isn't a squad that should be in relegation troubles despite the lack of forwards, Pardew has dragged us down to this level since we finished 5th we have only really lost Ba and gained many quality players yet some how gone backwards.