Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Why the f*** is Zidane sat on the bench at Madrid? I thought he was just Sporting Director?

Assistant manager.

He's not really Assistant manager but "assistant of the manager" if you know what I mean.

Read you loud and clear...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/images/400/gareth02.jpg

Fixed

Think Roma have made some decent moves, don't know if its enough to make a tilt for the title though.

Not a chance

Imagine the most expensive player in the world being welsh.  :lol:

To think back to that mad record he had when playing for Tottenham, 20 odd games and never won or something daft like that.

I mean I understood the Ronaldo fee in that he was scoring a ridiculous amount of goals and he had abit of his own brand thing going on in a similar way to Beckham and they would make a lot of money back in marketing etc. But I mean I can't see Bale being a particularly lucrative "brand".

I mean I understood the Ronaldo fee in that he was scoring a ridiculous amount of goals and he had abit of his own brand thing going on in a similar way to Beckham and they would make a lot of money back in marketing etc. But I mean I can't see Bale being a particularly lucrative "brand".

Come on man that heart thing he totally invented by himself is worth 100s of billions.

Imagine the most expensive player in the world being welsh.  :lol:

To think back to that mad record he had when playing for Tottenham, 20 odd games and never won or something daft like that.

I honestly think a 50-60m bid would see Tottenham let him go. This 85-100m stuff is ridiculous.

If the commentators and media didn't wank themselves silly over Bale constantly I think I could tolerate him a bit more. It's just when he does something that's ok, nothing compared to some of goals he's scored, something like a cross or pass that he and millions of other footballers could do and they go on like it was some sort of touch of genius.

I love watching Bale but agree about the irritating circus around him. Can't argue he's a cracking player.

Same with Ronny. Adore watching him but immense media mongery surrounds him.

Messi is a boring nerd so can enjoy him without worry.

I think Bale's pretty much as good as they say, but yes, it's tiresome.

I think hes a great player, but i also believe he is one injury away from entering a downward spiral, alot about his game is physicality and movement, hinder it and he will struggle.

damn straight, but do u really think he could find a position in a team if he lost a tenth of his speed due to injury, not at the level he currently is that's for sure. So any big fee is extremely risky.

Guest Roger Kint

Have Southampton got a sell-on clause on Bale? 

Seem to remember it was £5m plus add ons so it probably will have yeah. Imagine they got the same sort of sell on that we apparently have for Carroll? £££

Could be wrong but I heard Southampton 'cashed in' as such the sell on fee when they went into Administration so they don't stand to make anything if Bale is sold.

Southampton agreed to accept a further £3m from Tottenham and forego the £5m in add-ons, and scrapped the 25 per cent sell-on fee.

:lol:

Whoops!

suppose they were strapped at the time though.