Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Was impressed by NRC, did well despite trying to do the job of three men in midfield.

Shame he's leaving (not left yet), but I guess that's another big earner off the wage bill. We've apparently reduced the wage bill by 50% with all these players leaving - if we can bounce right back we'll be in much better shape than we have been in a while.

Anyone take him..?  :hmm:

Being widely reported that Modric is making the same noises as last year, just not mentioning Chelsea this time.

As both Manc clubs and Chelsea have all recently enquired about him, my guess is that Levy will sell him this time around.

On a more positive note, Vertonghen is quoted by a Dutch journo on Ajax's rejection of Spurs' €10m bid  .......... Personally I would take the offer, I would like to play for Spurs, whether they play Champions League football or not

drunk?

That's a strange one though. Wonder how much they're paying him. Probably will only manage about 10 games.

He'll get knocked about by one of the rough teams and quit citing victimisation. 'They're looking for a feather in their cap! They don't play against a world class legend every day so they wanted to prove a point, I can't risk my worthless knees in this division any longer'.

Being widely reported that Modric is making the same noises as last year, just not mentioning Chelsea this time.

As both Manc clubs and Chelsea have all recently enquired about him, my guess is that Levy will sell him this time around.

On a more positive note, Vertonghen is quoted by a Dutch journo on Ajax's rejection of Spurs' €10m bid  .......... Personally I would take the offer, I would like to play for Spurs, whether they play Champions League football or not

:lol: I'd like to play for Newcastle too.

:lol: I'd like to play for Newcastle too.

I was praying he'd just very badly formatted that and it was a quote from Vertonghen... Please? :lol:

The agent of Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure claims his client would be willing to listen to offers this summer and has called on Barcelona to make a move.

The Ivory Coast international spent three years at Camp Nou between 2007 and 2010, prior to agreeing a big-money switch to City.

He has enjoyed two successful seasons in England, picking up FA Cup and Premier League winners' medals.

Toure's representative claims the 29-year-old is now in need of 'new motivations' and could be lured away from the Etihad Stadium.

Dimitri Seluk has hinted that a return to Barcelona could be a possibility, while he has suggested that approaches from Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid would be considered.

Situation

"He has done all he can do at City and he needs new motivations," Seluk said in The Sun.

"Toure could sign for many big clubs like Chelsea and Bayern Munich. Also, we would like to see Barca join the race."

He added: "I have not spoken to Barca but they know the situation.

"I do not know if Madrid are interested but Jose Mourinho has liked him since he was at Chelsea."

Christ. :lol: Would've thought he'd at least be interested in a punt at the CL before ditching them for 'new motivation'. Especially when the cunt's on like £200k a week.

Big clubs like Chelsea and Bayern Munich. :lol: I just don't know what to make of this.