Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Don't Bolton have over 10 first team squad members with contracts running out soon?

Sounds like a massive rebuild is on the cards to me.

Yeah, most of those are old/deadwood so the majority of them will presumably be released whether we get relegated or not.

How has Zat Knight been?

Does he still do that "look and point at something in the distance in order to appear authoritative" thing when he's a bit confused by the game unfolding around him?

NRC does that, too. NRC also has the added bonus of being the least technically adept footballer in the northern hemisphere.

Zat Knight has been a word that rhymes with his surname. Not a delight. Yep, still does that.

I've been impressed with NRC, he looks like Messi compared to his defensive midfield partner, Fabrice Muamba.

I know they need a cb but surely Chelsea can do better

Looks like Chelsea want the "first choice England CBs" as their first choice CBs. Don't know why but can see Cahill being Terry's long term replacement.....

Guest Heneage

I always used to quite rate that Muamba.

NRC is useful at times as he's prepared to stick a foot in and break things up in the middle. That's actually something we didn't replace when we let him leave in the summer.

Muamba always looked like a good athlete but poor technically, is that fair Jukebox?

Wenger mulls Henry return

Arsenal boss admits short-term loan deal could be ideal option

Last Updated: December 23, 2011 11:17pm

Arsene Wenger will spend the next week weighing up whether to try to bring Thierry Henry back to Arsenal, but insists he has yet to make an enquiry.

Henry scored a club record 226 goals during an eight-year career at Arsenal before leaving for Spanish giants Barcelona in 2007.

The French striker has spent the past 18 months with New York Red Bulls, but recently trained with the Gunners following the end of the Major League Soccer season.

The 34-year-old also had a statue of him unveiled at the Emirates Stadium and he has been linked with a temporary return to the Premier League club.

Wenger will see his attacking options depleted in the New Year when Marouane Chamakh and Gervinho head off to participate in the African Cup of Nations.

Vital date

The Gunners boss admits signing Henry on a two-month loan deal could be the ideal option to provide cover for leading scorer Robin van Persie.

However, Wenger has yet to make a decision on Henry and will use the Christmas period to mull over the merits of seeing the forward back in an Arsenal shirt.

"That's why I have Christmas Day off - I have to think about that," said Wenger.

"Short-term is ideal for us, but I haven't made any enquiry yet. Thierry is not here at the moment. It has never come up in conversation!

"The first of January is the vital date for us. We have seven days to make decisions and I will make a decision in the next seven days on players."

Don't Bolton have over 10 first team squad members with contracts running out soon?

Sounds like a massive rebuild is on the cards to me.

Hope it's not in the Championship, personally.  I have a lot of time for Coyle and what he's trying to do there.  He has a much better approach to the game compared to the Stokes and Blackburns which I wish would just fuck off.

This MLS loan thing is becoming a bit annoying. How long will it be before some of the top players in Europe start making similar 1-2 month loans to USA, China, etc during the summer on ridiculous wages in a similar way cricketers play in that Indian League on lucrative short term deals?

This MLS loan thing is becoming a bit annoying. How long will it be before some of the top players in Europe start making similar 1-2 month loans to USA, China, etc during the summer on ridiculous wages in a similar way cricketers play in that Indian League on lucrative short term deals?

the loan system is stupid enough as it is. loans should be limited to 1 month (3month s for under 21's) and no loans between clubs in the same division and a max of 5 per season.

It won't become an issue until the MLS becomes a massive payer which I believe due to the rules it won't any time soon. Plus for the other way round there are no players of any quality so again not an issue.

Loans should exclusively be for young players imo. If you are loaning out a player who is 26 or whatever you obviously don't need him. There is a argument I suppose for keepers or players coming back from long term injury though.