Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He'll be in Brummie's good books already! Naughton is a good player if you ask me.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell

a few Portuguese dailies (Record, CdM) reckon Real Madrid close to finalising Axel Witsel deal

Do they really need another midfielder?

a few Portuguese dailies (Record, CdM) reckon Real Madrid close to finalising Axel Witsel deal

Good back up for Khedira I guess.

Meanwhile, Rodgers has reiterated that he would be interested in Hoffenheim's Sigurdsson if his proposed move to Swansea falls through.

The Iceland international has verbally agreed a club record £6.8m move from Hoffenheim to the Swans but has yet to sign.

Rodgers, who took charge at Anfield in June, said: "First and foremost, Gylfi is a Hoffenheim player.

"I took him on loan for the second half of last season and he did very, very well. He scored seven goals and made a real, positive contribution.

"I wanted to sign him for Swansea but, like I've said to him and his representatives, that has to be his first port of call.

"If he comes into the market for whatever reason - and I'm sure there'll be a number of clubs interested in Gylfi - then of course I would like to be in a position to put our case here at Liverpool to sign him.

"But I've always said, I think he's a player Swansea have had an agreement with and they have to have every chance to try and sign him. That's only right.

"If anything changes from that, we'll look at it from there."

Hmm.

Can see this whole thing becoming rather tedious. Whole situation kinda stinks.

Good back up for Khedira I guess.

It will mean Nuri Sahin will be on his way.

Against better teams Khedira and Alonso as a double pivot has been very poor defensively and linking play and gaining control.

Not sure Witsel is the answer mind.

Atlético have signed "Cata" Díaz from Getafe, €1m. To add to the two freebies they had in Emre and Rodríguez.

They are really dipping in the bargain bin so far, I expect some squad players to be sold to make room for those three and run a small profit.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

Gylfi Sigurdsson should be a #LFC player next week. Talks underway, all parties keen. Fee upwards of £8m.

5:02 PM - 16 Jun 12

Sky have a slightly different take:

Sky sources understand Gylfi Sigurdsson has opened talks with Liverpool and other Premier League clubs, despite having previously agreed a move to Swansea from Hoffenheim. We will have more on this story soon.

by @skysportsrobp 5:57 PM

I find their expectations from Laudrup as a manager very heartwarming. There's a reason why he hasn't kept a post for more than a year after leaving Denmark. Very hard to work with and has a too big concept of himself (which probably he's entitled to, granted)