Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Man United have apparently agreed a fee in the region of thirty million quid for Lucas. Risky stuff.

Nah it's not risky.

He's looked exceptional to me. Anyone that young is a risk, but he looks a risk worth taking.

Man United have apparently agreed a fee in the region of thirty million quid for Lucas. Risky stuff.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24482241.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24482316.jpg

Pretty much how I feel about this as a Newcastle fan :okay:

I'm not convinced Kagawa is actually a world class player or someone who will consistently produce at the highest level of the game. I like his game, and he will have a long, productive career, but I don't think he is a truly special talent. His stature seems to have grown substantially because Man U signed him.

He's been the Bundesliga's best player two seasons running.

Nah it's not risky.

He's looked exceptional to me. Anyone that young is a risk, but he looks a risk worth taking.

From what I've seen of him he looks a little in favour of tricks and showiness than end product, but I assume Ferguson would be able to coach that into him in the same way he did Cristiano Ronaldo.

If we sell a winger to accommodate Lucas it 100% won't be Valencia. Incredibly consistent, blistering pace and arguably our best player the last few seasons. He's been given #7 as well which is normally an important gesture by the club. (Still annoyed Owen got it)

Nani on his day is unplayable though and he's improved his consistency massively over the last two seasons. I see him as much more valuable than Young and don't want him sold.

I echo the thoughts of a few in here though, CM should be addressed before adding any more wingers.

Could never understand why Ferguson bought Young in the first place, as he's definitely not Man Utd quality.

I thought he was a good player at Villa, but I didn't think we particularly needed another winger other than for back up. He had a fantastic start for us though but his form became erratic after a while. He's some way behind Nani and Valencia for me.

He's English though. Pay more for less. £16m was a big figure, especially since he only had a year left on his contract.

Could never understand why Ferguson bought Young in the first place, as he's definitely not Man Utd quality.

How many of their current lot are what you'd call "Man Utd quality" though? The standard for that calibre has diminished IMO.

He's an effective Premiership player, a good flat-track runner and gets them cheap goals. Will never be especially useful for them in Europe, or against top-level domestic competition, but for turning those frustrating bore-draw games into annoyingly jammy 1-0s, he can do a job.

Aye that's a fair point Beren. It's certainly arguably the weakest Man Utd team I've seen in my lifetime.

Which is why I think Ferguson deserves huge amount of praise for the fact they only lost the league on goal difference last year and how they achieved such a huge points total.

Aye that's a fair point Beren. It's certainly arguably the weakest Man Utd team I've seen in my lifetime.

Which is why I think Ferguson deserves huge amount of praise for the fact they only lost the league on goal difference last year and how they achieved such a huge points total.

Agreed, as much as it pains to say it.

I thought he was a good player at Villa, but I didn't think we particularly needed another winger other than for back up. He had a fantastic start for us though but his form became erratic after a while. He's some way behind Nani and Valencia for me.

He's English though. Pay more for less. £16m was a big figure, especially since he only had a year left on his contract.

Young was great for us, other than a few things, which cropped up mostly in the last year of his contract. His diving and rolling around went haywire (it never really bothered me that much, but it pissed a lot of our fans off). Also, he started insisting on taking EVERY free kick, despite his free kicks being largely awful.

I loved watching him play, though. The problem is, he's a confidence player, and he'll get the match time he needs to build that at Villa, as he would at lots of other PL sides, but he's not going to get that much time at Man United, obviously, and that's the down side of him going there.

Downing is even more of a confidence player. With us, his first season (well, half season, as we signed him with a bad injury), he was utter turd. Last season he was excellent.

Much as i have enjoyed laughing at the weasel faced wanker this season, if he stays at Liverpool, I bet he has a good season this year.

Nah it's not risky.

From what I've seen of him he looks a little in favour of tricks and showiness than end product, but I assume Ferguson would be able to coach that into him in the same way he did Cristiano Ronaldo.

What? Lucas is the opposite of everything you just said. You cant have seen anything of him, compared to Neymar, Lucas always tries to go on goal and rarely tricks around. He has a very attack minded style, Neymars a bit more of a dribbler with extreme speed and one of the best technique around.

Lucas is a fast player with a extremely good shot on him. His problem is that at times he loses the ball because he just tries to attack without thinking at times.

Also, Lucas on his way to PSG. Everything is done, and he will go there to sign a contract and have his medical after the Olympics and move there in January I think playing till the end of the season in Sao Paulo. This if Ferguson doesnt come out and does his all to sign him. But with Kagawa, Nani, Valencia, Young, Welbeck I can see him letting this one go.

CR is Portuguese though. Lucas is inevitably just gonna get a taste for diamonds, hookers and coke. He'll be 20 stone by January and shipped out on loan to Turkey.

Yet they accomplish more than any American player ever have :yao:

Nah it's not risky.

What? Lucas is the opposite of everything you just said. You cant have seen anything of him, compared to Neymar, Lucas always tries to go on goal and rarely tricks around. He has a very attack minded style, Neymars a bit more of a dribbler with extreme speed and one of the best technique around.

Lucas is a fast player with a extremely good shot on him. His problem is that at times he loses the ball because he just tries to attack without thinking at times.

You'll obviously have seen him more than me but that's closer to what I meant tbf. Seems to sometimes end up running down blind alleys because he hasn't released the ball when there was an option to pass. No doubts that he could become a success at Man U (or PSG :dave:)