Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Wenger should buy him anyway especially with Song being linked to Barcelona. Even if song doesn't go a midfield trio of Song, M'Vila and Carzola would be absolutely quality. Then you also have Wilshere to come back from injury, a resurgent Rosicky and Ramsey there too.

Still think he needs to buy another centre back though, despite Koscelny's improvements last season. Also feel he needs a left-back as Santos doesn't fill you with any confidence and I haven't seen much from Gibbs to suggest he's going to be the answer.

It must be so frustrating being an Arsenal fan as the same lines get trotted out every single season.

Tottenham, who by the way have bid €15m for M'Vila, according to L'Equipe.

Hopefully it doesn't happen before Saturday.

Would be madness to field him this Saturday if the transfer came through.

Yeah i know, i'm just hoping for as weak as possible team from Spurs.

As for Arsenal they are getting Sahin they don't need M'Vila.

Sahin and M'Vila are completely different players, though.

I know that, but Arsenal's needs are completely different though as well they don't need a big physical DM in thier system they need defensively solid CM's like Sahin that are complete in most area's of the pitch ala Arteta etc etc.

I personally feel Arsenal's problems are not personnel but a system issue, when i watch them defensive cover and defensive positioning  is the main reason they concede so many IMO.

Take us for example defensively off the ball we give a lot of cover to our defence and everyone covers each others backs i don't see this at Arsenal and one of the main reasons i see Arsenal falling short.

I also consider this a system issue and not a personnel issue, i don't think M'Vila would magically change anything.

The only real position i consider "weak" is fullbacks, Sagna aside i think they are really poor, the reason CB's look fragile IMO is the cover the rest of the team give them not on actual ability.

But again i don't think buying anyone would magically change that, they need to install better and effective pressing and off the ball defensive cover for the defense more than anything tbh.

I don't want to use this example, but what's the difference between Barca and Arsenal defensively? it isnt because you have more physical players its because you are miles ahead in pressing and overall off the ball cover, that is Arsenal's main issue IMO not a lack of a destroyer.

Sahin and M'Vila are completely different players, though.

I know that, but Arsenal's needs are completely different though as well they don't need a big physical DM in thier system they need defensively solid CM's like Sahin that are complete in most area's of the pitch ala Arteta etc etc.

I personally feel Arsenal's problems are not personnel but a system issue, when i watch them defensive cover and defensive positioning  is the main reason they concede so many IMO.

Take us for example defensively off the ball we give a lot of cover to our defence and everyone covers each others backs i don't see this at Arsenal and one of the main reasons i see Arsenal falling short.

I also consider this a system issue and not a personnel issue, i don't think M'Vila would magically change anything.

The only real position i consider "weak" is fullbacks, Sagna aside i think they are really poor, the reason CB's look fragile IMO is the cover the rest of the team give them not on actual ability.

But again i don't think buying anyone would magically change that, they need to install better and effective pressing and off the ball defensive cover for the defense more than anything tbh.

I don't want to use this example, but what's the difference between Barca and Arsenal defensively? it isnt because you have more physical players its because you are miles ahead in pressing and overall off the ball cover, that is Arsenal's main issue IMO not a lack of a destroyer.

Spot on. I was saying this on another forum the other day actually to a lot of Arsenal fans. What really lets them down is the amount of work or lack of it they put in when they don't have the ball. They just don't seem that 'bothered' about winning the ball back once they lose it.

I didn't watch that much of Sahin outside of highlights before he joined, but defensively he's been terrible at Real Madrid. No pressing, mettle or strength to his game whatsoever. Even Mourinho was pretty open about pointing he needed to improve that.

That said, he obviously had huge confidence issues and didn't see much of the pitch to get any kind of form going.

There is no replacement for Modric. There are less than five people who can play in his position at his level and they're at bigger clubs on bigger wages. Will be interesting to see how Tottenham cope with him going

There is no replacement for Modric. There are less than five people who can play in his position at his level and they're at bigger clubs on bigger wages. Will be interesting to see how Tottenham cope with him going

Front 6?

M'Vila    Parker

Sigurdsson                              Bale

Van Der Vaart

Adebayor               

Front 6?

M'Vila    Parker

Sigurdsson                              Bale

Van Der Vaart

Adebayor               

Would be strong defensively and Bale would be fine. Don't know about Sigurdsson on the right, does he normally play wings? I always think of him as in behind the strikers, a bit further back than where they play Van der Vaart. I don't see who's controlling their passing tempo and spraying it about in that team though

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david

Spoken to M'Vila camp, who say he'd only leave Rennes for a club in Champions League & currently no interest from CL clubs in England #thfc

6:01 PM - 13 Aug 12

Put Sigurdsson on the bench, and start Lennon. The side looks much better. Neither Parker nor M'Vila are pure holding players or destroyers who just sit back anyway. Both of them like to advance into higher positions when the opportunity presents itself. I hope we don't sell Remy to them. They'd be just a strong as before if they get him. The strikers have been lacking for years.

I'm very impressed with West Ham getting Alou Diarra btw. A Diarra-Diame midfield sounds great, they'll comfortably stay up this year.

Off-topic, Diarra was horrendous last season. He's on the decline and high wages as well. OM supporters are literally filled with glee at his departure. He didn't even seem to be trying most of the season.