Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Kolo available on a free this summer. Wants to stay in the Premiership, wonder if Ashley would be interested in getting him in as cheap back-up should Colo leave.

[move]http://nehandaradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Kolo-Toure-shower.jpg[/move]

As a back-up Kolo Toure is better than Williamson (even at this stage of his career) IMO, and the age-criteria in our recruitment policy is only applicable to our fee-paying transfers I would imagine. :dontknow:

Guest icemanblue

That may be so, but he'll obviously be on a canny wedge at City. What sense would it make for us to try to entice him to come here, to be backup again, on considerably less (but relatively high for us).

Just saw that Fran Mérida was sold by Hércules in the winter to Atlético Panaerense. His sixth club at age 22.His career is spiralling down pretty fast.

Mate of mine who's from there told me he was commonly seen on the p*ss.

Wonder where he picked up that habit?

Just saw that Fran Mérida was sold by Hércules in the winter to Atlético Panaerense. His sixth club at age 22.His career is spiralling down pretty fast.

Mate of mine who's from there told me he was commonly seen on the p*ss.

Wonder where he picked up that habit?

Pretty sure our youth can develop into drunkards without English tutelage.

One for Disco. :pow:

http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/item/203317-juan-roman-riquelme-returns-to-boca-juniors

Former Argentina international midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme has rejoined Boca Juniors seven months after quitting the club.

The announcement came Friday after the 34-year-old called Boca coach Carlos Bianchi expressing his desire to return to the Bombonera, reports Xinhua.

"After two and a half hours with Riquelme, the board has decided unanimously that given the player's will to resume training with the squad he should be part of (Boca's) professional squad from Monday," club president Daniel Angelici told reporters.

Riquelme's decision to walk out on the club came amid reports of a falling out with then coach Julio Cesar Falcioni.

The December sacking of Falcioni and reappointment of former Boca coach Bianchi, under whom Riquelme played during a successful four-year spell from 1998 to 2001, is said to have convinced the former Villarreal star to change his mind.

Should have gone to Tigre for me, obivously he's a moody fuck but he had the chance to end his career at his club in the Libertadores. Not convinced Boca will do much this half season, Larry David may well be too old.

I don't think Madrid would sell and if they did they would certainly want at least the £80m they paid for them and with the likes of Man City and PSG paying stupid fees they probably have a right to expect at least that.

No.

He's older now, has less resale value, the market has dropped, financial fair play coming in, he wouldn't play in France as his ego is too big and he's already said he'd never play for citeh. If he moves he's got one place to go; Manu.

If Manu only value him at £55m (which is fair enough) then that's all Madrid will get, if they don't think it's enough then like you say he won't move. Not sure how he feels about Russia, my guess is its something again his ego wouldn't let him consider, not in his prime anyway.

Ronaldo does sound desperate to return to Old Trafford like.

In a strange way I find it great to see how much respect Ronaldo still has for Ferguson and how he made him into the player that he is today. I don't think anybody who saw that skinny Portugese kid with the dazzling feet when he made his debut in English football could see he would turn into the kind of player that he is today.