Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

s**** really, that instead of going for other players they're systematically destroying their only competition.

Don't agree. €37million? They still have Reus who is a better player, will be interesting too see what they will do with that money though.

Are they not still in a load of debt?

s**** really, that instead of going for other players they're systematically destroying their only competition.

Don't agree. €37million? They still have Reus who is a better player, will be interesting too see what they will do with that money though.

Are they not still in a load of debt?

Not any more, they still have some but not loads and they were saying a couple of months back they don't need to sell any more.

Obviously their hands are tied if the clause is met though.

Yup Robben will go, and maybe they try to get rid off Ribery although I doubt it since he's a hardworking winger who is an excellent player too.

In any case...

Piz/Mandz/Gomez

Ribery/Shaqiri    Kroos/Götze    Götze/Muller

Whatever combination of that works so perfect.

Robben is not really relevant though as he's not been a starter this season anyway, he's only got a run recently because of Kroos injury.

In fact for majority of season Shaqiri was playing more.

Now that i think about it i'm pretty certain they are trying to turn him into the German Messi and use him as a false 9.

Götze into the new Messi? Götze has nowhere near the finishing skills that Messi has, and is nowhere near a false 9 type of player. And I wouldn't agree on calling Robben irrelevant since he's still a good player and they might get a decent fee for him. Problem is he's nowhere near as hardworking as Ribery, Muller or Shaqiri and more injured than those too.

Götze & Kroos = New Xavi & Iniesta?

Both of them are more advanced players than Xavi at least. Iniesta is inhuman and can play w/e position.

Götze into the new Messi? Götze has nowhere near the finishing skills that Messi has, and is nowhere near a false 9 type of player. And I wouldn't agree on calling Robben irrelevant since he's still a good player and they might get a decent fee for him. Problem is he's nowhere near as hardworking as Ribery, Muller or Shaqiri and more injured than those too.

I meant Robben is irrelevant as in they could sell him and it wouldn't mean Gotze replacing = Gotze a starter because Robben wasn't....

About the false 9 thing.... he has everything you need except finishing and while i agree his finishing is nowhere near what's required at the moment....

Messi's at the same age wasn't either, it something that could easily be coached into him.... i'm not saying he can be Germany's answer to Messi but i would not be surprised in the slightest if this is what they do especially as he's played there quite a lot recently.

The De Bruyne to Dortmund rumors make more sense now

It'd be a smart move for De Bruyne. Certainly isn't going to get playing time with Chelsea in the near future.

:thup: Even a loan would be great for Dortmund too from an economical perspective. De Bruyne can definitely come in and replace Götze. They won't be winning the league with Götze or without Götze the way Bayern are ready to splash the cash so solidifying a second spot and getting in some young players to develop will only help them in the longterm.

I meant Robben is irrelevant as in they could sell him and it wouldn't mean Gotze replacing = Gotze a starter because Robben wasn't....

About the false 9 thing.... he has everything you need except finishing and while i agree his finishing is nowhere near what's required at the moment....

Messi's at the same age wasn't either, it something that could easily be coached into him.... i'm not saying he can be Germany's answer to Messi but i would not be surprised in the slightest if this is what they do especially as he's played there quite a lot recently.

We will see how Guardiola does, there's no doubt in my mind there will be more transfer dealing in the summer from them. A CB will come in, if they get decent money from Ribery/Robben and Zlatan leaves PSG, there's nothing who would stop Thiago Silva from possibly joining Dante at Bayern. Would be amazing.

Why am I so gutted about Götze going to Bayern? :lol:

Because of what it means.... another league which basically has competition and there is nothing no one can do to stop it.

Like when Barca went and raped that good Sevilla team and took Keita, Alves, Adriano etc etc.

Come on guys, it's Götze for €37million. Are you kidding me? He's not worth that kind of money yet and there are loads of players out there who could develop into great footballers for Dortmund.

It's very good for the league this I think, Bayern is going to win it for the next two or three years anyways the way they've invested lately.

Shite really, that instead of going for other players they're systematically destroying their only competition.

when you have as big a financial advantage as Bayern have over the rest of the Bundesliga thats what you do

Come on guys, it's Götze for €37million. Are you kidding me? He's not worth that kind of money yet and there are loads of players out there who could develop into great footballers for Dortmund.

It's very good for the league this I think, Bayern is going to win it for the next two or three years anyways the way they've invested lately.

Guess most just rate Götze a lot more than you do. I think he's a fantastic player, and love watching him and Reus play together and was hoping for Dortmund's sake that they could keep building a team around those two and Gundogan. If Dortmund lose Lewandowski this summer as well (there's been a lot of talk about him leaving IIRC), then that's two huge departures for them.

Not saying that they'll be impossible to replace, but it'll be very tough for them.

Götze is an excellent player, it's not that, it's just that Reus is a better player and maybe he will get more space to shine now? Maybe they can bring in other young players and fill out position more urgently needed. I agree it would be a big blow to lose Lewandowski and Götze, but the money they're getting is a huge amoun for Götze.

It's an entertaining league and one which I enjoy to watch - this doesn't really change that.

It's give Bayern utter domination though. Akin to Man Utd getting Aguero or something similar.

If he isn't worth that money yet ( i think he is) but he will be very soon, i know Dortmund usually come out every sale smelling of roses but i doubt they will this time.

Götze is an excellent player, it's not that, it's just that Reus is a better player and maybe he will get more space to shine now? Maybe they can bring in other young players and fill out position more urgently needed. I agree it would be a big blow to lose Lewandowski and Götze, but the money they're getting is a huge amoun for Götze.

Reus gets just as many chance to shine as Götze as it is, from what I've seen, he's the one who has started most games centrally as well. And it's not just that Dortmund are losing Götze, it's that they are powerless in losing him to their biggest rivals that have walked the league this year. It's a huge blow for them IMO.

Saying that, when they lost Kagawa to Man U, they went and got Reus, here's hoping they can do something similar now.

If he isn't worth that money yet ( i think he is) but he will be very soon, i know Dortmund usually come out every sale smelling of roses but i doubt they will this time.

True, have no doubt he can become one of the best. But I just think Dortmund needs to do something to become better, and keeping Götze and not reinforcing other positions might have not been the solution. Now they have money to spread in different positions.

Götze is an excellent player, it's not that, it's just that Reus is a better player.

Seriously? the only thing he's better at is finishing, i really think you are underrating Gotze quite a bit.

Its like saying Villa( even when he was in his prime) is better than Iniesta.

Everything goes through Gotze, if he isn't there Reus struggles by comparison.

Really can't believe im reading that Reus is better tbh, although Bayern will probably buy him too :lol:

Reus gets just as many chance to shine as Götze as it is, from what I've seen, he's the one who has started most games centrally as well. And it's not just that Dortmund are losing Götze, it's that they are powerless in losing him to their biggest rivals that have walked the league this year. It's a huge blow for them IMO.

Saying that, when they lost Kagawa to Man U, they went and got Reus, here's hoping they can do something similar now.

Reus has played mainly as a winger, with that said in the beginning of the season he shined as a central AM, but is shining the same now, so aye that wasn't a perfect argument. I just think he might get more time on the ball and be the main outlet if you know what I mean.

Götze is an excellent player, it's not that, it's just that Reus is a better player.

Seriously? the only thing he's better at is finishing, i really think you are underrating Gotze quite a bit.

Its like saying Villa( even when he was in his prime) is better than Iniesta.

Everything goes through Gotze, if he isn't there Reus struggles by comparison.

Really can't believe im reading that Reus is better tbh, although Bayern will probably buy him too :lol:

Please Mole try and post without so many paragraphing :lol:. Reus has been used primarily as a winger and therefore it's not weird that everything goes through Götze. If Götze now leaves, Reus will be probably given more space as a second striker like he played for M'Gladbach where for me is his ideal position.