Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

So, Wearside you wouldn't swap Ji, Gardner, and Larsson for Ba, Cabaye, and Larsson?

You wouldn't, right?

Nolan is better than Cabaye - The stats show this very,very,very clearly

Carroll is better than Ba - I don't need to go any further on this subject,it's very clear.

Barton is 1000000% times better than Marveaux - Again I don't need to go further on this subject.

As it stands,Newcastle are far,far,far weaker than last season.

That's both wrong and unrelated to my question, but thanks. :lol:

Guest Heneage

NEW CRAIG GARDNER FOR SUNDERLAND

Sunderland are poised to push through the move for Craig Gardner this week

26th June 2011

By Clive Hetherington

SUNDERLAND have beaten off bitter rivals Newcastle to land Birmingham midfielder Craig Gardner in a £6million deal.

Sunderland are poised to push through the move for Craig Gardner, 24, this week.

Boss Steve Bruce has returned to his old club for the second time this summer, having already secured Swedish midfielder Sebastian Larsson, 26, on a free from Blues, who still need to sell players after relegation from the Premier League last season.

Gardner, who joined boyhood favourites Birmingham from Aston Villa for £3m in January 2010, was the club’s leading scorer last season with ten goals.

But new Blues boss Chris Hughton has been forced to sell and Toon counterpart Alan Pardew – who took over at St James’ Park after Hughton was sacked early last season – has missed out on the playmaker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This must ring serious alarm bells within NUFC,on the back of Sebastian Larsson turning down Newcastle in favour of Sunderland,now we have one of the most wanted English goalscoring midfielders turning their back on Newcastle in favour of Sunderland.

:fishing:

Carry on being blinded if you like bonny lad but this must raise serious questions about the ambition of NUFC.

It appears Newcastle can't compete with Sunderland on wages offered and this must be a huge,huge concern.

How is the Keith Treacy deal coming along by the way?

Did we genuinely bid? It's news to me I must admit mate. Any word on what you're paying him per week?

Are you not worried by the dross that you are signing, dullard?

Aye,signing a midfielder who scored more than our entire midfield put together last season has got me really worried.

Maybe if we replaced our 12 goal top scorer with a 2 goal a season player in Cabaye I would be really worried.

Erm, Cabaye has scored 19 goals in his last two seasons at Lille. All the "12 goal midfielder Nolan" is such bullshit, at least half his goals came when playing as a second striker leeching on Carroll. He gets absolutely murdered when playing as a MC in a 4-4-2 and even if we'll play 4-5-1 I´d much rather see Ben Arfa in the hole than Nolan. A club aiming for financial stability would be crazy to sign Nolan on a 50k/week deal until his midthirties, sad to see him leave and would have liked to keep him aboard for another season but in the long-term this was the right time to sell.

Are you not worried by the dross that you are signing, dullard?

Aye,signing a midfielder who scored more than our entire midfield put together last season has got me really worried.

Maybe if we replaced our 12 goal top scorer with a 2 goal a season player in Cabaye I would be really worried.

Erm, Cabaye has scored 19 goals in his last two seasons at Lille. All the "12 goal midfielder Nolan" is such bullshit, at least half his goals came when playing as a second striker leeching on Carroll. He gets absolutely murdered when playing as a MC in a 4-4-2 and even if we'll play 4-5-1 I´d much rather see Ben Arfa in the hole than Nolan. A club aiming for financial stability would be crazy to sign Nolan on a 50k/week deal until his midthirties, sad to see him leave and would have liked to keep him aboard for another season but in the long-term this was the right time to sell.

Wearside, man, you replaced a 20-goal striker with....nobody. You're in the glassiest of glass houses.

Guest kingdawson

Aston villa have quoted Liverpool 19m for Downing. They want Lennon now (of course they can fuck right off).

Guest palnese

Also, according to "El Mundo Deportivo" we have received a €18m for Thiago Alcántara from an unnamed club.

Why bother with Fabregas when you've got Thiago in your ranks? He'll turn out better than Fabregas.

Also, according to "El Mundo Deportivo" we have received a 18m for Thiago Alcántara from an unnamed club.

Why bother with Fabregas when you've got Thiago in your ranks? He'll turn out better than Fabregas.

Different players. Thiago is more of an AMC, Fábregas would fill in for Xavi.

Also, despite his undoubted quality, I'm afraid Thiago won't make it with us. He strikes me as very impatient and will want a move if he isn't starting regularly at the end of next season, which won't happen.

Guest palnese

Also, according to "El Mundo Deportivo" we have received a €18m for Thiago Alcántara from an unnamed club.

Also, despite his undoubted quality, I'm afraid Thiago won't make it with us. He strikes me as very impatient and will want a move if he isn't starting regularly at the end of next season, which won't happen.

:thup:

He looks the part, but I guess you know a bit more about him than I do O0

Cesc is attacking mid, plays centrally of the 3AM behind Van Persie and in front of the the 2DM. Good enough to play in xavi role but you'd be sacrificing a huge part of his game.

Also, according to "El Mundo Deportivo" we have received a 18m for Thiago Alcántara from an unnamed club.

Cesc is attacking mid, plays centrally of the 3AM behind Van Persie and in front of the the 2DM. Good enough to play in xavi role but you'd be sacrificing a huge part of his game.

I know, but I'm pretty confident he could take a few steps back on the pitch and fill that role. Plus it's not like Xavi doesn't get near the box, Cesc can still exploit his final ball.

surely fabregas is as close as there is likely to be to xavi (that's around at the moment), hence barca's obssession with him

he's not the same player right now due to where he's deployed but if they sign him i think he'll slot into that role...he's got xavi's positional awareness and a good range of passing imo so he won't be getting caught in possession much which is so key to their game

hopefully the PL hasn't filled him full of hollywood passes and he can revert to playing a game that isn't all about him at barca if/when he goes there