Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Don't understand at all why Chelsea wouldn't want to keep him in their squad.

Cos they're cunts.  Wasting Ba on their bench seriously pisses me off as well.

Always find it quite satisfying when a player leaves NUFC and doesn't do much. No sympathy for Ba at all.

Still think you shouldn't be allowed to loan to the same division. He's shown he's a top top prospect and the fact he can play and possibily score against everyone apart from Chelsea is wrong.

You definitely shouldn't be allowed to loan between PL clubs, it's absolutely crazy and just allows top clubs to stockpile players.

Still think you shouldn't be allowed to loan to the same division. He's shown he's a top top prospect and the fact he can play and possibily score against everyone apart from Chelsea is wrong.

You definitely shouldn't be allowed to loan between PL clubs, it's absolutely crazy and just allows top clubs to stockpile players.

Sale w/ buyback clauses will easily go around any kind of loan limitation likely to be implemented. Real Madrid do all their "loans" like that already (more because of a policy of monetizing their youth setup that the need of circumventing loan rules, but it's a really smooth operation).

I think another season out on loan before going back to Chelsea would do him the world of good. Don't think he's quite ready just yet, despite the season he's just had. He's a talented lad, strong and quick with an eye for goal, I think after last season many who laughed at Chelsea signing him will have been silenced.

Quite interested to see if Houghton will bring some support crew for R. Van Wolfswinkel, or will they be conservative and let likes of Hoolahan, Pilkington, and Snodgrass provide the service. Quite like Norwich, hope they do well in transfers. They always manager to take points off of Everton, and give tough games to United at Carrow road.

In other news, what do you guys reckon Stoke will do in summer? 5 years later and over 100 M pounds spent, they are set to end up with their worst ever PL tally this season. Coates is a rich fella and has invested a lot in their academy, but it's pointless under a manager like Pulis. Their fans seem fed up with Pulis too.....Pulis transfer model (in terms of sustainability) is an absolute disaster. Mostly older players, with no long-term plan or re-sale value (important for a lower level/mid table team). The only worse team in the league in that respect is Fulham, but at least they have some good players coming through their academy.

The Martin O'Neill way.

Quite interested to see if Houghton will bring some support crew for R. Van Wolfswinkel, or will they be conservative and let likes of Hoolahan, Pilkington, and Snodgrass provide the service. Quite like Norwich, hope they do well in transfers. They always manager to take points off of Everton, and give tough games to United at Carrow road.

In other news, what do you guys reckon Stoke will do in summer? 5 years later and over 100 M pounds spent, they are set to end up with their worst ever PL tally this season. Coates is a rich fella and has invested a lot in their academy, but it's pointless under a manager like Pulis. Their fans seem fed up with Pulis too.....Pulis transfer model (in terms of sustainability) is an absolute disaster. Mostly older players, with no long-term plan or re-sale value (important for a lower level/mid table team). The only worse team in the league in that respect is Fulham, but at least they have some good players coming through their academy.

Buy a couple more of these to throw the ball to in the box:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/Brewpub/pb-110126-upright-ape-whalen-01a_grid-6x2.jpg

Cos they're c***s.  Wasting Ba on their bench seriously pisses me off as well.

Always find it quite satisfying when a player leaves NUFC and doesn't do much. No sympathy for Ba at all.

You think he cares?  Will still be getting paid plus seemed happy enough picking up a winners medal for doing nothing.

I really think Stoke have backed themselves into a corner. If they get rid of Pulis and bring in a manager for a change of direction they'll have to overhaul most of the squad, and nobody will want most of their thugs. There's only Begovic, Shawcross and maybe a couple of others who have any sort of value, the rest are old, shit, or both. They have little choice but to stick with Pulis and play to their strengths, bringing in another manager to do the same thing would be a pointless exercise.

Next season in general presents a really good chance to improve because of all the change as mentioned by a few posters above. Add to that I think WBA will struggle - they'll lose Lukaku and they have a novice manager, and you quite often find sides who finish the season shoddily, like they have, struggle to pick it up the following year. Stoke have finally been found out and look dross, it will take some big money to make them any good. Fulham have a team of pensioners, which will be ok short term but what is the plan there? They can't keep playing 30+ year old's and not try and blood some younger players, surely. Add to that Cardiff, Hull and whoever comes up, either way I can't see any of the 3 promoted sides being any higher than about 14th, unless they spend daft money on good players, I think Cardiff have the best chance of that. I heard today Watford are transfer embargoed until September 1st? That'll be fun for them then.

On the flip side if Swansea get Lukaku that'll help them a great deal, their squad isn't big enough at present to handle the Europa League and compete well in the Prem but I assume they'll spend and with 3 or 4 extra bodies they'll be looking at top 8 I think. West Ham could also do well and capitalise on the sheer amount of shit by bulldozing them over at home, especially if Carroll stays. Their form in the 2nd half of the season suggests they have the tools to be a top half side.

Then there's the wildcards. Norwich have put a marker down by buying van Wolfswinkel, if they buy a couple of more of that ilk they won't go down, assuming RVW isn't a total fish out of water. I have no idea what will happen at Everton but unless they appoint Pardew they'll be in the top half. The mackems will be totally random with Di Canio in charge, absolutely no result will be a certainty, but I think that'll average out to leave them in the middle somewhere. I really fancy Liverpool to push for the top 4, even without Suarez, Coutinho has made a massive difference for them. Villa will still be relatively inexperienced but Benteke alone will keep them well above trouble. Southampton are a strange team too, they look excellent at times but they always seem to look great in defeat, I don't see enough of them to really judge but they impressed me a lot at SJP, except for their centre halves obviously. If they lose their manager a few might start to think "what the fuck is going on here" but they'll be fine.

Should be a really interesting season, I just hope we're in a situation to enjoy it and not suffering through it.

‏@GraemeBailey 17s

L'Yonne Republicaine says Arsenal have secured a deal for highly-rated Auxerre striker Yaya Sanogo - who has is out-of-contract this summer.

Cos they're c***s.  Wasting Ba on their bench seriously pisses me off as well.

You think he cares?  Will still be getting paid plus seemed happy enough picking up a winners medal for doing nothing.

I don't know. I don't care if he cares. So there.

Don't know if its transfer news per se, but Berlusconi has said Allegri is off to Roma at end of the season. As much as i dislike Allegri, he has put a hell of a run together since November. Also likely to take Nocerino with him who (somewhat randomly) is one of my favorite players.

On a completely unrelated note, Ancelotti has been rumored to be leaving PSG...I can dream....

Guest Roger Kint

‏@GraemeBailey 17s

L'Yonne Republicaine says Arsenal have secured a deal for highly-rated Auxerre striker Yaya Sanogo - who has is out-of-contract this summer.

I always thought he was a fake FM player until i saw he scored 4 in a game earlier this year :lol:

On his wiki:

'He signed for Arsenal on the 17th May 2013 on a 4 year deal for free of course, with Wenger's record of unearthing the world's best talent, he will no doubt hope he turns into another Henry or Anelka. One Arsene Wenger.'

:lol:

‏@GraemeBailey 17s

I always thought he was a fake FM player until i saw he scored 4 in a game earlier this year :lol:

On his wiki:

'He signed for Arsenal on the 17th May 2013 on a 4 year deal for free of course, with Wenger's record of unearthing the world's best talent, he will no doubt hope he turns into another Henry or Anelka. One Arsene Wenger.'

:lol: I've never heard of him like but I assume we were sniffing about.

Wenger quoted as 'talks at an advanced stage'.

‏@GraemeBailey 17s

FM Legend. Not as great on this version as others mind.

Guest Roger Kint

‏@GraemeBailey 17s

On his wiki:

:lol: I've never heard of him like but I assume we were sniffing about.

Wenger quoted as 'talks at an advanced stage'.

We have definately missed a trick based on Wengers comments and his scoring so far is very impressive. Ironically on FM his goes on a free to the PL every time too, always turns out brilliant. Lets hope he doesnt this time :lol: