Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

No limits for foreign league players I think, even in the PL. There might be a limit of usable loan players on matchday though. Going by memory so I might be wrong.

Guest Roger Kint

No limits for foreign league players I think, even in the PL. There might be a limit of usable loan players on matchday though. Going by memory so I might be wrong.

Pretty sure they changed that rule after last season didnt they? Sure i read they were bringing foreign loans in line with domestic.

Pretty sure they changed that rule after last season didnt they? Sure i read they were bringing foreign loans in line with domestic.

No sure if there's any rule change. I'm going strictly by memory so I am unaware of any potential rule change. Will try to dig something up.

I'd stick some money on us (Watford) getting promoted/winning the league next year. We're building up serious depth all over.

Ikechi Anya (Granada), Daniel Pudil (Granada), Jaime Romero (Udinese) Gabriele Angella (Udinese), Joel Ekstrand (Udinese), Marco Cassetti (Udinese), David Faraoni (Udinese), Cristian Battocchio (Udinese), Almen Abdi (Udinese), Javi Acuna (Udinese), Lewis McGugan (Nottingham Forest) all signed/pictured at our training camp in Italy.

So I'm guessing that a fair amount of these won't be loans this season, some of them may be with the squad temporarily as they decide if they want them or not. The new recruits Angella, Faraoni and Acuna all seem pretty highly rated, Acuna seems to have picked us over Crystal Palace and Espanyol, whilst the other two have been capped by Italy U21s.

We've lost Almunia, Chalobah and Vydra, but look to be filling in all the weak spots in the squad, which together with a few exciting players (Assombalonga - great name if anything) should see as pretty strong. Linked with Italian international Diego Fabbrini too. Between him, Forestieri, Deeney, Acuna we've got pretty ridiculous strength in depth in attack for a Championship side.

Surely there i some sort of rule that prevents this? No wonder England fail at international level...blame Watford.

Guest Roger Kint

No sure if there's any rule change. I'm going strictly by memory so I am unaware of any potential rule change. Will try to dig something up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/07/watford-foreign-loans-loophole

8 loans in total over the season with 5 allowed in matchday squad. Limited to 4 from one club

The 72 clubs meeting in Vilamoura, Portugal, voted "unanimously" to change the rules so overseas loans are treated in the same way as domestic loans.

It means clubs will be restricted so that 18-man match-day squads to five loan players, with a maximum of four from any one club over the whole season.

Yup.

As if it is going to change anything. It's just a technicality since they have the same owners.

Guest Roger Kint

The 72 clubs meeting in Vilamoura, Portugal, voted "unanimously" to change the rules so overseas loans are treated in the same way as domestic loans.

It means clubs will be restricted so that 18-man match-day squads to five loan players, with a maximum of four from any one club over the whole season.

Yup.

As if it is going to change anything. It's just a technicality since they have the same owners.

Well yeah they could still gift them the players instead of loaning them.

Yup.

Well yeah they could still gift them the players instead of loaning them.

Exactly. It all sounds nice and right on paper but Watford will still get the majority of their players from their parent club.

Nothing to do with him being one of the best strikers in the league being coveted by one of the best clubs in Europe looking to put pressure on a misfiring striker. Money is a convenient excuse by bitter Newcastle fans, many of whom can't handle any player leaving us because we're nowhere near a lot of other clubs in terms of status/ambition these days.

Amen.

It's not like he went to Everton.

Southampton fancy a double swoop for Valencia's Ever Banega and Damiao from Internacional.

imagine man :lol:

I am jealous to be honest but fair play to them for having a go. If only we would do the same.

Guest Roger Kint

Southampton fancy a double swoop for Valencia's Ever Banega and Damiao from Internacional.

I am jealous to be honest but fair play to them for having a go. If only we would do the same.

If we did people on here would just mock them for wasting time :lol:

Only because we would be. Absolute trollers on our end.

Guest Roger Kint

In Southamptons case i cant see any way Damiano would even consider them so thats the same really. Banega would be a welcome addition here though we wont pay that for him unless we get massive money for Tiote or someone.

Demba Ba being in talks with Anzhi says all you need to know about his priorities.

There's only one thing that can get players to go and play there, in those conditions, and that for me marks him out as one to avoid.

I know this is easy to say, but it really is early days, we're barely into July.

Obviously, for me, four years of MON doing FUCK ALL until the last week of August has had a lasting effect.

In Southamptons case i cant see any way Damiano would even consider them so thats the same really. Banega would be a welcome addition here though we wont pay that for him unless we get massive money for Tiote or someone.

I really like Banaga but i'd hate to think what he will become with Newcastle's nightlife, albeit his performances p*ssed in Spain was still better that Tiote's sober.

Guest Roger Kint

I really like Benaga but i'd hate to think what he will become with Newcastle's nightlife, albeit his performances pissed in Spain was still better that Tiote's sober.

:lol:

Chris Lepkowski ‏@chrislepkowski  9m 

Expecting #wba to announce signing of Anelka in next 24 hours - maybe even before close today - subject to medical being ok.

Confirmed on 1 year deal.

The gif of him with his shirt. Has "what have I done?" ever been more clearly painted on a man's face? :lol: :lol:

http://i.minus.com/inVV5q4roxhpX.gif

It's even better when put to "Angel"

http://goo.gl/DWrfc