Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

The 72 clubs meeting in Vilamoura, Portugal, voted "unanimously" to change the rules so overseas loans are treated in the same way as domestic loans.

It means clubs will be restricted so that 18-man match-day squads to five loan players, with a maximum of four from any one club over the whole season.

Yup.

As if it is going to change anything. It's just a technicality since they have the same owners.

Well yeah they could still gift them the players instead of loaning them.

Exactly. It all sounds nice and right on paper but Watford will still get the majority of their players from their parent club.

It's stopped other clubs from having reciprocal arrangements, rather than affecting anything with us. Us getting players from Udinese/Granada to this extent is a pretty short-term measure to get to the Premier League, after which point we'll likely be the financially strongest of the three, and thus not seen as a 'feeder' club (which we aren't in any way).

Bang: http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/10528085.They_re_back__Several_Udinese_players_to_sign_permanent_deals_with_Watford/

@honigstein 23m

@Bild is reporting that Mkhitaryan has set his mind on joining Dortmund, and agreed personal terms with them. Fee remains a problem. #LFC

"There is nothing new about Mkhitaryan. I already have said that Borussia Dortmund offered €23 million for him. This was the sole offer, but our position is €30 million.

"Mkhitaryan doesn't have a release clause in his contract, but it does spell out the penalties for unilateral termination of the contract, which is equal to US$30 million (£19.8 million).

"If Mkhitaryan wants to terminate the contract, he must pay Shakhtar US$30 million and go to a club that he likes. If we go in a civilised manner and sell the player, and in doing so he does not break the contract, the value we place on him is €30 million.”

His termination fee is what Dortmund has offered. I can't see how Shakhtar is going to get more out of this deal.

He went MIA for their pre-season training too. It's only a matter of time they have to accept the 23m euros.

Marca claiming that Madrid have reached and agreement with Illarramendi and are in talks with Real Sociedad for his transfer. Release clause stands at €30m.

Bit of a puzzler this one, he's young and promising but certainly not somebody I'd pay €30m for.

@honigstein 23m

@Bild is reporting that Mkhitaryan has set his mind on joining Dortmund, and agreed personal terms with them. Fee remains a problem. #LFC

"There is nothing new about Mkhitaryan. I already have said that Borussia Dortmund offered €23 million for him. This was the sole offer, but our position is €30 million.

"Mkhitaryan doesn't have a release clause in his contract, but it does spell out the penalties for unilateral termination of the contract, which is equal to US$30 million (£19.8 million).

"If Mkhitaryan wants to terminate the contract, he must pay Shakhtar US$30 million and go to a club that he likes. If we go in a civilised manner and sell the player, and in doing so he does not break the contract, the value we place on him is €30 million.”

His termination fee is what Dortmund has offered. I can't see how Shakhtar is going to get more out of this deal.

He went MIA for their pre-season training too. It's only a matter of time they have to accept the 23m euros.

Kicker are saying its been agreed for 25m euros.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/588894/artikel_goetze-nachfolger-mkhitaryan_bvb-mit-donezk-einig.html#omsmtwkicker

They can do better than Mkhitaryan though, especially for that price. I liked the Eriksen & Bernard idea.

Think they went for Auba over Bernard, mainly due to Bernard's price was getting silly ( above 20m)

As for Eriksen, Mkhitaryan is better IMO.

They can do better than Mkhitaryan though, especially for that price. I liked the Eriksen & Bernard idea.

Think they went for Auba over Bernard, mainly due to Bernard's price was getting silly ( above 20m)

Think Dortmund did well. I think of the four option Auba was the best option. I still can't decide whether Mkhi, Bernard or Eriksen should be the next in. For €30m I think Bernard is a better signing that Mkhi tbf.

Think Dortmund did well. I think of the four option Auba was the best option. I still can't decide whether Mkhi, Bernard or Eriksen should be the next in. For €30m I think Bernard is a better signing that Mkhi tbf.

Different player tbf, i don't think the two are comparable.... Mkhi is a goal scoring AM and Bernard is a tricky winger.

Be interested to see if they buy anyone else or Auba and Mkhi will be them done.

Different player tbf, i don't think the two are comparable.... Mkhi is a goal scoring AM and Bernard is a tricky winger.

Be interested to see if they buy anyone else or Auba and Mkhi will be them done.

Right, Bernard isn't really the typical tricky winger and can play centrally too. As for thinking I'd rather have Bernard over Mkhi is because you have Reus who plays really well centrally behind the main striker.

Guest przemekdwa

Simon Kjaer Danish centre-back signed for Lille for 2 milion euros, why we were not after him ? cheap, young and surely better than Willo.

Maybe Kinnear dont know how to pronounce his name :)

Simon Kjaer Danish centre-back signed for Lille for 2 milion euros, why we were not after him ? cheap, young and surely better than Willo.

Maybe Kinnear dont know how to pronounce his name :)

We can't buy everyone, or at least bid on everyone  :lol:

I thought he had been rumored to us once upon a time. At least, his name had been bandied about these parts. :lol:

Ligue 1 seems a step-down from the Bundesliga. Was he not getting much time at Wolfsburg?

Guest przemekdwa

yeah but if we looking for cheap players in 20-something and he was officially available for transfer why not to look at him, especially for that kind of money.  On the other side to do that you had to have normal director of football and manager :/