Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I wasn't referring to Bony in particular, just that they're actually ambitious with a decent manager to take the risk in the first place.

Does this make sense though? Surely making signings is either good or bad 100% dependent on who the player is? I'm jealous of their manager obviously... but there's nothing about their transfer strategy that suggests it's any better than ours at the moment. Exception being Michu if he keeps it up.

:lol:

If Bony had signed for us we'd be crying of joy.

I wasn't referring to Bony in particular, just that they're actually ambitious with a decent manager to take the risk in the first place.

Does this make sense though? Surely making signings is either good or bad 100% dependent on who the player is? I'm jealous of their manager obviously... but there's nothing about their transfer strategy that suggests it's any better than ours at the moment. Exception being Michu if he keeps it up.

He had to threaten to walk out to get that money as well, club were put over a barrel in public by Laudrup and caved in to his demand for more cash. Anyone think Pardew could get away with that? :lol:

You'd either get more transfer funds or Pardew would be sacked, win-win :thup:

Meh, I suppose I can take Thiago going to Bayern better than going to ManU, Pep's there afterall, which is a strong reason for him.

Of course, there'll be all the hair pulling about "Pep's betrayed us!!!" for weeks, but I don't care much about that. Bayern Munich's manager should look after Bayern Munich's interest, not Barça's.

Redcafe is in meltdown, so at least I'm entertained.

Gutted because he's exactly what we need and I can't see anyone else out there that is available to us, especially for that sort of money.

Oh well. Hopefully Kroos doesn't get gametime and fucks off to us next year. ( I know. No chance. :( )

Fact of the matter is that our transfer strategy has so far failed to address the chronic lack of goals in our team.

Guest Roger Kint

He had to threaten to walk out to get that money as well, club were put over a barrel in public by Laudrup and caved in to his demand for more cash. Anyone think Pardew could get away with that? :lol:

You'd either get more transfer funds or Pardew would be sacked, win-win :thup:

We would no doubt get neither  :(

Oh and for the record, I'm calling it right now, considering Bony has signed for Swansea, I predict he will be this season's Benteke, as far as exploding onto the scene goes.

We on the other hand have nothing to be excited about ... absolutely nothing. Well except Joe Kinnear. Yeah, he's awesome isn't he.

Oh and for the record, I'm calling it right now, considering Bony has signed for Swansea, I predict he will be this season's Benteke, as far as exploding onto the scene goes.

We on the other hand have nothing to be excited about ... absolutely nothing. Well except Joe Kinnear. Yeah, he's awesome isn't he.

How much have you seen of Bony, is he really that good? I've never seen the lad.

Meh, I suppose I can take Thiago going to Bayern better than going to ManU, Pep's there afterall, which is a strong reason for him.

Of course, there'll be all the hair pulling about "Pep's betrayed us!!!" for weeks, but I don't care much about that. Bayern Munich's manager should look after Bayern Munich's interest, not Barça's.

Redcafe is in meltdown, so at least I'm entertained.

Gutted because he's exactly what we need and I can't see anyone else out there that is available to us, especially for that sort of money.

Oh well. Hopefully Kroos doesn't get gametime and f***s off to us next year. ( I know. No chance. :( )

Don't worry Moyes will bring Gibson back home for you.

How much have you seen of Bony, is he really that good? I've never seen the lad.

I've seen a bit of him, not huge amounts, but my comments are more based on the way Swansea play, and the opportunities they create.

Bony is a good athlete and is just no nonsense. He likes to have a shot (bit like Martins). Think he'll score a good amount.

And it will annoy us all a great deal, even though we all know we were only ever in the loop.

We suck.

Guest palnese

Vegard Forren looks set to go back to Molde on a permanent deal. He didn't play a single minute for Southampton :lol:

Fact of the matter is that our transfer strategy has so far failed to address the chronic lack of goals in our team.

Fair point so far, we obviously need another striker. That's a different argument to the one we were having though.

I personally think we have one of the best transfer strategies in the league. Obviously i'd like us to tweak it here and there but suppose you have to take the rough with the smooth but i'm happy the way we go about things in general.

I personally think we have one of the best transfer strategies in the league. Obviously i'd like us to tweak it here and there but suppose you have to take the rough with the smooth but i'm happy the way we go about things in general.

No surprise, I agree. In fact, to get us into a position where we only need 2 first team players this summer is pretty good. Question is can we find the right ones at the right prices.

I would be disappointed if we lose Krul, Cabaye, and Cisse, and then fail to bring anyone in.

That wouldn't strike me as a sensible thing to do. I hope we don't do that.

Fairly confident they'll all be here come the end of the window. No reason they shouldn't be except a couple of vague quotes from Lauren Blanc.

I would be disappointed if we lose Krul, Cabaye, and Cisse, and then fail to bring anyone in.

That wouldn't strike me as a sensible thing to do. I hope we don't do that.

If it isn't sensible we'll probably do it then.

Guest Roger Kint

No surprise, I agree. In fact, to get us into a position where we only need 2 first team players this summer is pretty good. Question is can we find the right ones at the right prices.

The 'right price' aka the absolute bare minimum is the major flaw in our transfer activity though

The 'right price' aka the absolute bare minimum is the major flaw in our transfer activity though

Yup.

It can be an issue, aye. I'm sure we've missed out on some transfers on account of money.

It can be an issue, aye. I'm sure we've missed out on some transfers on account of money.

At least we'll have been kept in the loop though.

Guest Roger Kint

Like the top target we wasted 2 years watching his summer. Not convinced we really wanted Bony but the Debuchy delay and last summers striker failures set us back last season