Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

A shame for him personally, and i hope he gets well but as a club it really effects Barca very little. Klopp on the way?

Personally I think it will affect us a great deal. All gettable good managers have already found clubs, only Heynckes remains available.

Now, I'd :fwap: if Klopp came, but that's not going to happen.

Still, genuinely worried for Tito. That's too many relapses for a cancer :(

Obviously I cannot argue with a Barca fan about their own club, but like Sewelly said, i dont think he was up to the job anyway.

Your club should be able to go out and get any manager they want apart from those tied with Madrid's history. Klopp would jump at the chance, especially after seeing several key players leave or leaving.

Football aside, yep too man relapses for this to be anything but bad news for him personally. :(

Don't think that's true at all.

Personally I think Tito wasn't up to it either, but he offered continuity with our style of play.

To me, he was the example of good assistant, average manager. He didn't have the charisma or courage to make big decisions, or to lift the players like Guardiola did. Still remember, in the Munich game, him standing there like a deer caught in the headlights while Bayern was tearing us a new one.

Heck, even Luís Enrique found a club already :lol:

Benteke staying, signed new deal

didn't see that one coming

Effectively signed a one-year extension which doubles his pay to 40kpw.

Villa had all the cards with Benteke on a long-term contract and it being a WC year. Benteke was never going to win, at least for now.

Villa had all the cards with Benteke on a long-term contract and it being a WC year. Benteke was never going to win, at least for now.

That's the thing, his agent played it totally wrong.

Hence last week us saying "he can leave if someone offers us enough", "enough" being a stupid sum.

Well done, Lambert, played a bit of a blinder on this one.

Nobody expected us to keep him after a second good season and a decent world cup, anyway.

Hence last week us saying "he can leave if someone offers us enough", "enough" being a stupid sum.

Nobody expected us to keep him after a second good season and a decent world cup, anyway.

Do you come from the future? If so, who should I bet for in the CL?

He will be good enough, if he has another good season with us, I reckon to go to a top, top level club.

The reason this whole Spurs nonsense came up is his agent - who, by all accounts, is an absolute nightmare - trying to shoehorn in another move before then.

The thing about next season is over whether there's a release clause or not, ie really, we knew it'd be tough this summer keeping him, but also knew that if we did, it'd be for another year at most, assuming he continues to improve.

If he improves as much as he has the potential to do so, he can go anywhere. I've a feeling he'd opt to stay in England, though, and it wouldn't surprise me if he went to Arsenal. That's a totally different move for him - who is going to go to Spurs when you've got the chance of Arsenal (and especially given he gave an interview last seaosn about how much he loved them as a club, in any case).

He will be good enough, if he has another good season with us, I reckon to go to a top, top level club.

The reason this whole Spurs nonsense came up is his agent - who, by all accounts, is an absolute nightmare - trying to shoehorn in another move before then.

The thing about next season is over whether there's a release clause or not, ie really, we knew it'd be tough this summer keeping him, but also knew that if we did, it'd be for another year at most, assuming he continues to improve.

If he improves as much as he has the potential to do so, he can go anywhere. I've a feeling he'd opt to stay in England, though, and it wouldn't surprise me if he went to Arsenal. That's a totally different move for him - who is going to go to Spurs when you've got the chance of Arsenal (and especially given he gave an interview last seaosn about how much he loved them as a club, in any case).

Got more money, will spend a year at Villa, and then a release clause will be matched / a gentleman's agreement to release him will be honoured. What a guy.

On the other hand, he's signed a new, extended contract and there are still six weeks to go until the window closes. Maybe he wasn't in such a mad rush to get away in the first place?

Am loving reading on the BBC site the comments of fans of some clubs desperate to make it sound like a bad thing.

Had we flogged him, we'd have got crucified as a selling club. We've kept him, and we've kept him probably the same way Spurs kept Modric another year, by offering him more money, yet somehow that's some kind of big deal?

It isn't, that's how football works, sadly.

Well it's definitely good news for Villa compared to him leaving this year. But he's clearly on borrowed time. It's just depressing that this is how it works nowadays. Another dickhead footballer with a dickhead agent. Sigh.

If he has a good season and then a good world cup - and neither of those are scenarios which are completely unrealistic - he can take his pick of destinations next season.

That was going to be the case whether he signed a new deal with us or not.

It's good news for us, we didn't expect it, plus we've signed Lowton, Westwood, Clark, Guzan, Baker and Weimann to extended deals this week, and that's all good.

It's especially good when you consider that from 2006-2012, we spunked away money willy nilly on the most short term signings possible and paid no attention whatsoever to growing the value of the squad, and actually treating it like an asset which needs to be managed correctly.

We are finally starting to run things sensibly.

If he has a good season and then a good world cup - and neither of those are scenarios which are completely unrealistic - he can take his pick of destinations next season.

That was going to be the case whether he signed a new deal with us or not.

I'm not saying it's not good for Villa compared to what you were expecting, but did you used to think this way about players? When Dwight Yorke was smashing them in did you think it would be a positive that you got an extra year out of him before he continued his natural progression to the big clubs - the only clubs worthy of having good players? Or did you enjoy the fact that he chose to spend the majority of his career at Villa and didn't just intend to use you as a stepping stone?

Footbahl is a big bag of bollocks.

Dwight Yorke left us for Man United, so I'm not too sure that's the best example, to be honest.

I don't like the way football is, no, but if it's going to be like that, I want things to be as good for us as they can.

I'm also not convinced Spurs are one of those big clubs just yet, either....

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

They have a promising young keeper they want to bring through so a loan deal for a proven keeper makes sense for Napoli, hence they pulled out from the Julio Cesar deal because he was only available to buy, not loan.

From Liverpool's PoV, I guess it's just Reina off the books for a season. He's a high earner