Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

A year ago we were clever and ahead of the curve in the transfer market, yet now it feels like we're behind.

Were we ????

Yeah I'd say so. We'd stolen the French market, had a few success stories and bought players that shouldve been beyond us. Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Ba were bargains. I felt like our transfer strategy was the best thing about the club (except the fans). But not anymore.

A year ago we were clever and ahead of the curve in the transfer market, yet now it feels like we're behind.

Were we ????

Yeah I'd say so. We'd stolen the French market, had a few success stories and bought players that shouldve been beyond us. Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Ba were bargains. I felt like our transfer strategy was the best thing about the club (except the fans). But not anymore.

Doesn't take long to work out a one trick pony.

Were we ????

Has it changed though?

You sounded optimistic that the club will make full use of the time left to make this a good transfer window in spite of the lack of bids so far. That's why I asked what would be your minimal expectations, that you are pleased at the end of it all that the club has not failed you.

Fwiw my absolute minimal is one forward + one wide player, no outgoings and I'll be satisfied considering how Ashley rolls. Anything less than that and we would have been shortchanged once again despite them claiming to have learnt from last summer's mistakes.

Were we ????

Has it changed though?

It might well have. Perch talked about a change in transfer policy and so far we have missed out on Douglas and our closest links are to two strikers in this league.

You sounded optimistic that the club will make full use of the time left to make this a good transfer window in spite of the lack of bids so far. That's why I asked what would be your minimal expectations, that you are pleased at the end of it all that the club has not failed you.

Fwiw my absolute minimal is one forward + one wide player, no outgoings and I'll be satisfied considering how Ashley rolls. Anything less than that and we would have been shortchanged once again despite them claiming to have learnt from last summer's mistakes.

My expectations would be similar to that. I would just about settle for one forward if that person can play wide and also they can compete for the central spot. Remy for example. But we need two really, you're right.

I know I will get absolutely no change out of suggesting that some of the January signings were planned for this summer. At least now they have six months of PL football behind them and are ready for a full pre-season.

We absolutely can't let this Cisse thing end badly though, that would be appalling mismanagement and leave us massively short.

Nah, I don't think anyone should factor in the January signings, bearing in mind we have failed to replace outgoings and strengthen in crucial areas last summer. Rather we should look at the squad on its current merits or otherwise and pinpoint the weak spots. Even with those 5 players, we are still short of at least one striker + one winger/wide forward. Considering we have sold or released a couple of squad fillers, if we can't even do that it will be last summer over again.

Nah, I don't think anyone should factor in the January signings, bearing in mind we have failed to replace outgoings and strengthen in crucial areas last summer. Rather we should look at the squad on its current merits or otherwise and pinpoint the weak spots. Even with those 5 players, we are still short of at least one striker + one winger/wide forward. Considering we have sold or released a couple of squad fillers, if we can't even do that it will be last summer over again.

I agree those are our needs, I'm not saying the January signings negate the need to get anyone new.

@ACF_Fiorentina

Raggiunto l'accordo con il Manchester City Football Club per la cessione a titolo definitivo del calciatore Stevan Jovetic.

Jovetic to City. £23m(ish) it appears according to varying sources.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm cancelling the sky

SELL THE HOUSE

SELL THE CAR

SELL THE KIDS

FIND SOMEONE ELSE

FORGET IT

I'M NEVER COMING BACK

FORGET IT

So they potentially have a choice of Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo and Jovetic to put up against us on the opening game?

:suicide:

Don't forget about Fernandinho, Yaya, Silva, Jesus Navas and Gaz Baz.

Prob the best time to play them away before they've really settled.

That game will already be won before a ball is kicked just like last season's one due to the negativity of our manager.