Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Torres wasn't over-rated like. No chance. He was absolutely brilliant for a good few years, then came to Liverpool and continued being absolutely brilliant. His injuries wrecked him, it's really that simple imo.

Eto'o set to move to Chelsea. Guess that spells the end of the Rooney saga.

Such a disappointment. Eto'o used to be class, like. But from Falcao to Rooney to Eto'o :(

They shouldve gone for Suarez.

Imagine a team with Suarez, Terry and Cole in man. :lol: pure Hatred FC.

Torres was never brilliant at Athletico. He tended to look good against Barca but he certainly wasn't anywhere near as good as he was for those first few years at Liverpool.

A bit of a harsh comparison on the International front there. Hierros record is outstanding. Torres averaged 1 in 3 for Spain, which is a good return for International football in my opinion.

It's ok until you realise a lot of his goals came against the likes of Haiti, New Zealand, San Marino, Tahati etc.

A bit of a harsh comparison on the International front there. Hierros record is outstanding. Torres averaged 1 in 3 for Spain, which is a good return for International football in my opinion.

It's ok until you realise a lot of his goals came against the likes of Haiti, New Zealand, San Marino, Tahati etc.

Again, harsh. He can only play against the teams in front of him. He did score in the last two European finals against Italy and Germany as well.

Agree to disagree with Torres. I reckon he was a top, top player at Liverpool and Atletico.

Torres wasn't over-rated like. No chance. He was absolutely brilliant for a good few years, then came to Liverpool and continued being absolutely brilliant. His injuries wrecked him, it's really that simple imo.

Eto'o set to move to Chelsea. Guess that spells the end of the Rooney saga.

Such a disappointment. Eto'o used to be class, like. But from Falcao to Rooney to Eto'o :(

They shouldve gone for Suarez.

Imagine a team with Suarez, Terry and Cole in man. :lol: pure Hatred FC.

Torres was never brilliant at Athletico. He tended to look good against Barca but he certainly wasn't anywhere near as good as he was for those first few years at Liverpool.

It's weird, but we do have a penchant for letting Atlético centrestrikers through on goal; Torres, Agüero, Falcao... I don't think Valdés has had more one-on-ones with another team than them :lol:

But Torres looked extremely impressive at Atlético; he only lacked a bit more muscle and better composure, but you saw there was a great striker in there waiting to explode once he sorted that out. Something that happened at Liverpool.

Oh and Vidic is overrated as well...Monster in the air but aside from that you could get at him.

Never came close to reaching Rio's level for example.

Vidic is a monster everywhere. Unbelievable at reading the game and getting his body in the way of everything. Eto'o and Torres are the only people that ever really caused him consistent problems in a game. Rio and Vidic is a brilliant partnership.

Anyone with pace gave him problems.... Agbonlahor anyone? :lol:

Its just Rio usually bailed him out although tbf it was a great partnership.

They suited each other perfectly but once Rio went on the way down and couldn't cover him anymore he was getting pin pointed more and more.

I can't expect a Manc to agree obviously but he genuine weaknesses and was never the all conquering CB with no weaknesses that people claimed he was.

Personally, I never rated Brasilian Ronaldo. I know he scored obscene amounts of goals at the highest level, but he was never all that IMO. He was a poor mans Chris Sutton.

Disagree. I reckon he was a decent player.

Oh and Vidic is overrated as well...Monster in the air but aside from that you could get at him.

Vidic is a monster everywhere. Unbelievable at reading the game and getting his body in the way of everything. Eto'o and Torres are the only people that ever really caused him consistent problems in a game. Rio and Vidic is a brilliant partnership.

They suited each other perfectly but once Rio went on the way done and couldn't cover him anymore he was getting pin pointed more and more.

I can't expect a Manc to agree obviously but he genuine weaknesses and was never the all conquering CB with no weakness that people claimed he was.

I don't claim he had no weaknesses. Players with pace were the ones likely to cause him problems, but his positional sense covered him 98% of the time in that area. He's not at the level he was a few years ago, but Vidic is a rock for us. Up there with Stam.

They suited each other perfectly but once Rio went on the way down and couldn't cover him anymore he was getting pin pointed more and more.

I can't expect a Manc to agree obviously but he genuine weaknesses and was never the all conquering CB with no weaknesses that people claimed he was.

:huff:

Personally, I never rated Brasilian Ronaldo. I know he scored obscene amounts of goals at the highest level, but he was never all that IMO. He was a poor mans Chris Sutton.

got to be a WUM this hasn't it??.....Brazilian Ronaldo was the best striker in the world by a country mile at the time and there were some decent strikers about at that time

got to be a WUM this hasn't it??.....Brazilian Ronaldo was the best striker in the world by a country mile at the time and there were some decent strikers about at that time

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/7/22/16/anigif_enhanced-buzz-8906-1374526252-10.gif

Guest Jeebuzchrist!

the Brazilian Ronaldo was the most complete forward that have ever played the game imo! Just a pity he likes food, and transexuals more than football.

He had the near ball contol of berbatov, the positioning and finishing of van persie and the skill and drive of Ibrahimovich. He was streets ahead of every player in his prime years in Psv and Barca!

Sir Bobby and Jose could'nt even belive there own eyes.

They suited each other perfectly but once Rio went on the way done and couldn't cover him anymore he was getting pin pointed more and more.

I can't expect a Manc to agree obviously but he genuine weaknesses and was never the all conquering CB with no weakness that people claimed he was.

I don't claim he had no weaknesses. Players with pace were the ones likely to cause him problems, but his positional sense covered him 98% of the time in that area. He's not at the level he was a few years ago, but Vidic is a rock for us. Up there with Stam.

Vidic wasn't as good as Stam like.