Barcelona win Champions League Final 10/11

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Complete and utter domination. Devastated.

I was completely wrong with what I wrote in here a few pages back but it was my honest opinion. Valencia (lucky not to be sent off IMO) and Evra were dire. Thought Vidic and Rooney played as well as they could have. I thought Giggs would start but maybe it was a mistake having a 37 year old try and control the midfield. We had five in midfield and got completely overran. An uncharacteristic mistake from Van der Sar for the second goal really shook the team but they were completely destroyed regardless. People say we were destroyed in '09 and this doesn't even compare. Completely different level.

I honestly think this Barca side can/will win the CL for three out of the four years.

Guest BooBoo

Just look at their run to Wembley, the best team they played was an out of sorts Chelsea. In terms of CL, they had a cushy run to the final and arguably played the weakest side to ever reach the semi finals in this competition.

You can only beat who is put infront of you to be honest. We didn't conceed a goal away all season in the CL which I think is a good record regardless of who your opponents are.

I expected to go without the ball for long periods of the game but I expected our defence to hold strong and I obviously expected better attacking. We had zero wing play and through the centre we were ridiculously outclassed.

That's a bit harsh on Mascherano :lol:

"If you could sign just one Barcelona player who would it be?"

"Mascherano"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Seriously though..."

Explaining his decision to axe Berbatov, Fergie said: "I overloaded the bench with midfielders because I felt that was the area that was most important in terms of the way Barcelona play.

"I gambled by selecting only one defender [on the bench] to allow me to give me as many options in midfield and the wide position with Nani. So it came down to a choice between Owen and Berbatov.

"My view on that was if you're looking for someone to nick a goal in the last few minutes of a game, then Owen's experience is why I took that decision."

Oh dear.

Explaining his decision to axe Berbatov, Fergie said: "I overloaded the bench with midfielders because I felt that was the area that was most important in terms of the way Barcelona play.

"I gambled by selecting only one defender [on the bench] to allow me to give me as many options in midfield and the wide position with Nani. So it came down to a choice between Owen and Berbatov.

"My view on that was if you're looking for someone to nick a goal in the last few minutes of a game, then Owen's experience is why I took that decision."

Oh dear.

Literally unbelievable.

All I'm guessing is that it isn't really true and Berba is on the way out.

It's such a clear cut moronic decision that indeed it seems more logical that something is up with Berbatov. Especially given that he didn't even throw Owen on anyway!

class that pretty much everyone is united in their praise for Barca, must stick right in Mourinho's throat after all his complaining the c*** :thup:

In this match, the referees haven't assisted them (if anything Man U should have had a man booked in the first 30 minutes) and they haven't dived or cheated very often. Why would anyone concentrate on anything but their good performance?

class that pretty much everyone is united in their praise for Barca, must stick right in Mourinho's throat after all his complaining the c*** :thup:

In this match, the referees haven't assisted them (if anything Man U should have had a man booked in the first 30 minutes) and they haven't dived or cheated very often. Why would anyone concentrate on anything but their good performance?

they shouldn't, that's what i'm saying

Right, but they were disgraceful in the Madrid matches and were gifted the first leg by atrocious refereeing. Much the same against Arsenal. They were berated after both. The incidents with Mourinho are not forgotten. Today is their coronation, but the outcome of yesterday's match will not have changed entrenched opinions on Barca.

Right, but they were disgraceful in the Madrid matches and were gifted the first leg by atrocious refereeing. Much the same against Arsenal. They were berated after both. The incidents with Mourinho are not forgotten. Today is their coronation, but the outcome of yesterday's match will not have changed entrenched opinions on Barca.

is this right?  i didn't see the game but don't remember everyone going as apeshit as when mourinho lost the plot

did they cheat their way past arsenal?  my interpretation is they probably used feigning injury as a tactic against mourinho's stifle and kill the game tactics

not really sure anyone can say in general terms it's a dominant feature of their play, they're usually more concerned with playing football

Madrid were equally disgraceful. They bring the worst out in Barca. I know barca got a lot of deserved shit for that but it's completely overblown. Froggy said that they dive and cheat when they lose... Er, no they dont. When they lost to man utd in '08 they lost fairly. When they were on the verge of losing to Chelsea they were losing fairly, only the ref had a complete meltdown. They lost to inter last year after having a goal ruled out and having an offside goal scored against them. And that was with inter wasting time from the fifth minute of the match. It is mourinho that is the common denominator. It is him who goes to extreme lengths to win, and he drags everyone else down to his level. His Chelsea side, as good as they were, was never a clean football team and their football, as effective as it was, was ugly as hell. Barca have pretty much always played it fairly. When they lost to arsenal this year they lost fairly. If you think this barca team cheat and dive to win then it's a shame that you think four matches against a mourinho team is indicative of their general style of play. I'm not saying they don't have divers; every team has divers. I'm saying they're not worse than anyone else so to form an entrenched opinion over something like this is pretty ridiculous.

Madrid were equally disgraceful. They bring the worst out in Barca. I know barca got a lot of deserved shit for that but it's completely overblown. Froggy said that they dive and cheat when they lose... Er, no they dont. When they lost to man utd in '08 they lost fairly. When they were on the verge of losing to Chelsea they were losing fairly, only the ref had a complete meltdown. They lost to inter last year after having a goal ruled out and having an offside goal scored against them. And that was with inter wasting time from the fifth minute of the match. It is mourinho that is the common denominator. It is him who goes to extreme lengths to win, and he drags everyone else down to his level. His Chelsea side, as good as they were, was never a clean football team and their football, as effective as it was, was ugly as hell. Barca have pretty much always played it fairly. When they lost to arsenal this year they lost fairly. If you think this barca team cheat and dive to win then it's a shame that you think four matches against a mourinho team is indicative of their general style of play. I'm not saying they don't have divers; every team has divers. I'm saying they're not worse than anyone else so to form an entrenched opinion over something like this is pretty ridiculous.

agree with this, said the bit in bold myself yesterday

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Oh dear.

Literally unbelievable.

All I'm guessing is that it isn't really true and Berba is on the way out.

Owen over Berbatov :spit: