Gervinho

Dave

Does he definitely still have them daft dreads ?

There was a french player in a shop on Acorn Road in Jesmond y'day - mid 20's, black, quite a big lad. Said he was here to discuss terms with NUFC. But he didn't have dreads.

It wasn't that new kid from Lens so trying to suss out who it could be.......

Yes, of course that happened.

Yes it did smartarse.

He was in my brothers shop, my brother was chatting to him as he showed him round, he asked him what he was doing over here and he said he was discussing a contract.

Same happened when Smith signed. I knew about that before it was made public.

Re: In talks with Alan Smith - Official Site

« Reply #734 on: August 02, 2007, 05:42:24 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good mate of mine works in a posh clothes shop in town.

smudger smith was just in cos he didnt bring any clothes up with him as didnt think it'd need an overnight stay, but it does.

smudger reckoned his contract negotiations are just about finished and he'll be sorting the final details tmrw then getting unveiled

:shifty:

I also knew Keegan was returning when his name wasn't in the frame. My brother made a load of money at the bookies on that one.

But we both lost a few quid when Steve McLaren appeared in the shop when he was managing Twente and we were supposed to be interviewing for a new manager.

There was a french player in a shop on Acorn Road in Jesmond y'day - mid 20's, black, quite a big lad. Said he was here to discuss terms with NUFC. But he didn't have dreads.

Yes it did smartarse.

He was in my brothers shop, my brother was chatting to him as he showed him round, he asked him what he was doing over here and he said he was discussing a contract.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

smudger smith was just in cos he didnt bring any clothes up with him as didnt think it'd need an overnight stay, but it does.

smudger reckoned his contract negotiations are just about finished and he'll be sorting the final details tmrw then getting unveiled

I also knew Keegan was returning when his name wasn't in the frame. My brother made a load of money at the bookies on that one.

But we both lost a few quid when Steve McLaren appeared in the shop when he was managing Twente and we were supposed to be interviewing for a new manager.

I was confused that one says 'a good mate' and the other is 'my brother'

seeing as he doesn't know who it is, it could be anyone.  The person in question might not be in their squad today.

Of course, could be anyone if true, but the fact of the French fixtures does make a lot of players eliminated particularly those guessed at so far.

It's true.

My first thought was that it was the kid from Lens but my brother checked his pic and said it definitely wasn't. Then I thought Gervinho but if he's still got the dreads it wasn't him.

So we are trying to suss it out but it's obviously a little bit tricky given there's more than a handful of black, french players.

My brother has been looking at the pics of most players we've been linked with that fit the bill and we've not spotted him yet. He was a similar skin colour to Tiote and had the build of a DM / CB. Apparantly he reminded him of Essien but unfortunately for us it definitely wasn't him. Which is a shame.

Could be that LB cheikh m'bengue. google him and see if it is him.

Have passed the name on to him so he can have a look. Although it's his lasses b'day today so I suspect she won't be letting him spend the day staring at pics of black blokes on the internet.

It's doing our heads in not being able to work out who it is so if we can't suss it he's going to check the CCTV to see if there's a decent pic of the blokes face !

Yes it did smartarse.

I was confused that one says 'a good mate' and the other is 'my brother'

It's my brother.

I was probably just deliberately being vague about the source and shop name etc on the Smith thread.

When the thread title that time was "In talks with Alan Smith - Official Site", doesn't that mean that the public did know it?

Talk about being pedantic.

In the post from 2007 I didn't say no-one knew about Smith signing, it was an update on what he said to my brother (the good friend) on how the negotiations were progressing well and that he was hoping to put pen to paper the following day.

In the thread today  I said I knew about Smith "before it was made public", which I intended to mean before the signing was confirmed by the club.

The ever reliable Wiki says his name is [Ricky] Gervais Yao Kouassi.

Also:

On 17 March he has been heavily linked with a £12 million move to Newcastle United along with fellow striker Moussa Sow. Gervinho was quoted saying "Newcastle are a good team, but Lille are currently top of Ligue 1 and I want to play in Europe next year, so we'll have to wait until summer to see where I am going".

On 26 and 27 May Gervinho was once again linked with a move to Arsenal.

BD...if you get CCTV footage it will be epic! Whatever the outcome ;D

It's looking like the only option. It's doing both mine and my brother's head in not being able to work it out.

If I find out it's that kid from Lens but his skin is actually darker than in the pics we've seen online then I'll be properly p*ssed off at how much time I've wasted....

very encouraging we're being linked to good players so early in the off season. i'm hoping that if we dont finalise these targets we move onto ones of similar ability though, rather than settling for second best

very encouraging we're being linked to good players so early in the off season. i'm hoping that if we dont finalise these targets we move onto ones of similar ability though, rather than settling for second best

Was just thinking there, it's reminding me a little bit of summer 2005. Souness buying good players, but is Pardew the man good enough to lead them? We'll see.

Guest BooBoo

This clothes shop ITK. :lol: :lol:

It's a right load of nonsensical blather. You can tell it's the silly season.

Still find all of this kind of implausible. Lille are the champions of France, will be playing Champions League next season.

Just can't see us nabbing two of their best players ...