Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Again we knew little if anything about his transfer, hopefully more to follow.

Apart from the fact we've known about this for two weeks, he was actually linked in the Sunday Sun in March as one of our targets.

Aye but it's not been whored back and forth like normal.

I hear he was anonymous last night for France?

Whoever came out with that wants a slap. He was beautiful.

:hom:

If I'm honest I still havnt seen him play or watched a YouTube vid, should I be excited by this guy or is he just a good squad player?

He's certainly no squad player.

Apart from the fact we've known about this for two weeks, he was actually linked in the Sunday Sun in March as one of our targets.

He has basically been signed for two weeks, before that i can't remember one single person linking him to us.

Aye but it's not been whored back and forth like normal.

:thup:

We certainly agreed the deal with the player before anyone found out. It's nice that way.

He has basically been signed for two weeks, before that i can't remember one single person linking him to us.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/03/21/magpies-plan-swoop-for-two-spanish-stars-79310-26075889/

United’s talent-spotting network is slowly being reactivated by new chief scout Graham Carr, who is also monitoring several targets in France, including Lille’s Yohan Cabaye and Lens’ Adama Diakite, and trawling Germany for promising youngsters.

;)

Not complaining, just saying.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/03/21/magpies-plan-swoop-for-two-spanish-stars-79310-26075889/

United’s talent-spotting network is slowly being reactivated by new chief scout Graham Carr, who is also monitoring several targets in France, including Lille’s Yohan Cabaye and Lens’ Adama Diakite, and trawling Germany for promising youngsters.

;)

Not complaining, just saying.

Knew you would pull something out.

I hear he was anonymous last night for France?

Whoever came out with that wants a slap. He was beautiful.

:hom:

If I'm honest I still havnt seen him play or watched a YouTube vid, should I be excited by this guy or is he just a good squad player?

He's certainly no squad player.

Positive, welcome yohan.

March for over a year ago, yes.  O0

Good stuff. Hopefully the first of a few.

Anyone know if he parle vous Anglais? If so, I wonder if they'll send him out to face the press by himself a la Pardew.

There's an interview on the site later on, that'll be all.

March for over a year ago, yes.  O0

Good spot. :lol:

Good stuff. Hopefully the first of a few.

Anyone know if he parle vous Anglais? If so, I wonder if they'll send him out to face the press by himself a la Pardew.

Speaks English, already had interviews with the local press who are saying he's a nice chap.