Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

?? 41 minutes ago from Lequipe or whatever

Samir Nasri, Yohan Cabaye and Drill Malouda, injured, could not train with the rest of the players on the team at Clairefontaine in France on Tuesday night. They stayed to care with the medical staff. For now, no package has been formalized.

Samir Nasri, Yohan Cabaye and Drill Malouda, injured, could not train with the rest of the players on the team at Clairefontaine in France on Tuesday night. They stayed to care with the medical staff. For now, no package has been formalized.

Because he had his medicals today maybe?

Because he had his medicals today maybe?

Just saying no mention of him being fit?

wonder what he's been told about Scotland? That's the third time I've heard him say he wants to visit there.

Well his wife does have a scots name so maybe there is a link there.

Also there is the fact that Scotland is actually a nice place.

Fiona is an Italian name.

I've heard Fiona's are shit at climaxing, even after you've filled their pie several times

Blanc says he passed his medical tests.

Bugger. Hoped he would have missed this.

What?

So you hoped that he would fail his medical tests, and therefore been deemed injured, just so he could sit out a game to avoid the slight chance that he may get injured?

Aye, of course daft lad.

Or maybe I'm concerned that having limped off 3 days ago, his test might have been around 50/50 thus leading to possible further damage during the international break.

Why would any Newcastle fan want him to get two weeks rest and be raring to go for the city game!!

If I knew the codes for rolling eyes, you'd be getting them :)

Aye, of course daft lad.

Or maybe I'm concerned that having limped off 3 days ago, his test might have been around 50/50 thus leading to possible further damage during the international break.

Why would any Newcastle fan want him to get two weeks rest and be raring to go for the city game!!

Aye, I'm sure Alan Pardew and the fitness team were desperate for his medical results to come back with evidence of an injury too like :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

The most uncertain is Nasri.

For Cabaye, we will know tomorrow if he has to return to newcatle or stay with the squad and possibly be ok for the second game.

Blanc says he passed his medical tests.

Bugger. Hoped he would have missed this.

What?

So you hoped that he would fail his medical tests, and therefore been deemed injured, just so he could sit out a game to avoid the slight chance that he may get injured?

Aye, of course daft lad.

Fucking rights. :thup: Need to keep him in England for the next 2 weeks and get him some reserve games under his belt.

Would be just our luck for nasri gets sent back to City, Cabayes stays and aggravates the injury and then Nasri plays a blinder against us for City

YOHAN Cabaye says a burning desire to repay Alan Pardew’s faith in him has fired his fine start to life at Newcastle United.

The France midfielder is yet to fully adapt to the cut and thrust of the Premier League but has already scored two spectacular goals, and he has played a big part in United’s record-equalling early season unbeaten run.

Cabaye is at Clairefontaine for tests on a groin injury, but national boss Laurent Blanc told the French media yesterday that he would not be sending the midfielder back to Tyneside despite his fitness issues.

He believes there is still “hope” that Cabaye may feature in the second of France’s friendlies against Belgium next week – which will give hope to United fans who want him back in time for the crunch clash with Manchester City.

No doubt the former Lille man – who says he has settled “perfectly” on Tyneside – will be equally desperate to play in United’s biggest game of the season.

“Things are going very well for me, especially with the coach,” Cabaye said.

“Before I signed for the club I spoke to him (Pardew) and I really felt that he wanted me to come, and that he thought it could work out for me.

“That pleased me a lot and I’m trying to give my all so that he’s not disappointed, because he has faith in me and he’s the one who came and got me.

“I’ve felt good here from the first training session, I like it here and get on with everyone. I’m really impressed with what we’ve done since the start of the season.”

Cabaye’s sizzling form has been mirrored by Newcastle’s, although the 25-year-old believes United will only know how good they are after their testing November programme with games against both Manchester sides and Chelsea.

“We got off to a good start with the draw against Arsenal and winning the derby away against Sunderland,” the France midfielder said.

“The fact we’ve conceded very few goals has really boosted our confidence. We have 25 points and we’re still unbeaten, and that’s great to have that heading into the international break.

“But when we come back we’re playing City at their place, United at their place, then we’ve got Chelsea at home; after that we’ll really know how good we are.”

As Cabaye confesses, life will get easier for him when he integrates fully into the Premier League.

He feels the pace of the game means he is not able to find his passing range quite as quickly as he wanted, but is confident that will change as he gets more games under his belt.

Certainly United staff have been impressed – pointing out that he had never played in an orthodox 4-4-2 before he joined Newcastle. A sharp footballing mind, Cabaye has adapted quickly.

“I think I’ve improved since I came here in terms of physical impact,” he said.

“Every game is at 100 percent and I think I’ve taken on a new dimension.”

Speaking to the French media, Cabaye also dismissed talk that Manchester United were now monitoring him.

French reports claimed that national team manager Blanc had alerted Sir Alex Ferguson to the ability of his midfield general.

However, talk of a move seems extremely premature for a player who signed a five-year contract in June.

Although aware of rumours that have circulated in France, he said he wants to concentrate on life at St James’ Park.

“I heard about United’s interest in me, but things are only just beginning,” he said. “I have a bit of experience of clubs following me, so I would rather not get carried away by thinking too much about such things.

“I simply want to concentrate on my objectives with Newcastle – and playing for Newcastle.”

Once this lad gets used to the pace of the premier league and properly finds his range he could be awesome.

This.

Once we get the wing play sorted a bit better he should get a few more opportunities outside the box and the goals will start mounting. Cant wait tbh.

I'd be pretty pissed if we didn't hold on to him no matter how much offered, like Spurs managed with Modric.

Spurs are loaded, we are not, we also have mike Ashley a man with a price for everything.

I'd be pretty p*ssed if we didn't hold on to him no matter how much offered, like Spurs managed with Modric.

Spurs are loaded, we are not, we also have mike Ashley a man with a price for everything.

Oh I know. I'm expecting to be pretty pissed  :undecided:

I'd be pretty p*ssed if we didn't hold on to him no matter how much offered, like Spurs managed with Modric.

Oh I know. I'm expecting to be pretty pissed  :undecided:

35 million again perhaps?