Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Still can't get over how quickly this guy has become a central player, he's had his quiet games, made the odd mistake, but he's also such a workhorse and professional on the pitch, and think he'll get better as he goes on. I'd be absolutely heartbroken if we sold him so quickly as some rumours go. How the hell did we get him so cheap?

even his quiet games are good where he does the work that never gets recognised. i still worry about him burning out a bit.

Aye, that is quite a worry for me too. He has worked his arse off in all the games he's played so far this season and the fact that he's pretty much going to be first choice in CM for France means he really won't have any prolonged periods of rest.

That worry has been slightly alleviated for me by Guthrie showing some quality when coming in for Tiote, and he's arguably more of a Cabaye style player. I hope Pardew is willing to pull him off when approaching injury, rather than waiting for it, the top physio teams will know when players are likely to get injuries.

That worry has been slightly alleviated for me by Guthrie showing some quality when coming in for Tiote, and he's arguably more of a Cabaye style player. I hope Pardew is willing to pull him off when approaching injury, rather than waiting for it, the top physio teams will know when players are likely to get injuries.

He'll have to get in the queue I'm afraid.

“For us a good season would be to stay roughly where we are and to get in to Europe – whether it’s the Europa League or Champions League. The fans want to see us back in Europe and so do we. That is the aim.”