Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Writing on his own official website, Yohan Cabaye has confirmed that he's undergoing surgery today (Monday):

"I can confirm to you all that I'm going to have an operation because of a recurring pain in my abdominal wall. The operation happens in two stages. The first part on Monday 26 November (today) and then the second the following day. 

"I will keep you up to date with my progress. I'll do everything I can to get back as quickly as possible."

Here's hoping that he's had a hernia all along and that's why he's been so poor this season. He's gonna come back and p*ss all ower 2013.

I think it is almost certain he has had the injury for a while and has probably been persuaded to play when he should have been rested or had the operation earlier.

John Anderson on Radio Newcastle said recently that in the last few matches he had been grimacing regularly and looking to the bench and they kept thinking he was going to come off with an injury but he would end up staying on the pitch.

Out until February now apparently

Where's that from mate?

Twitter

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

News on Cabaye a huge blow for #nufc . Less creativity in the side until February a major worry.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Pardew confirms Taylor out for 6-8 weeks. Says we may be unlikely to see either him or Cabaye until Feb 1 #nufc

Guest bimpy474

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8289313

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has been ruled out of action until February needing further surgery on a groin problem.

Cabaye underwent groin surgery in Paris to repair the injury which has sidelined him since the Magpies' defeat at West Ham on November 11.

The former Lille player, who has impressed since his arrival on Tyneside last summer, has made 13 appearances for Newcastle in all competitions this season.

Newcastle have failed to win in Cabaye's absence, losing 2-1 at home to Swansea and drawing 1-1 with Maritimo in the Europa League clash at St James' Park last week.

The 26-year-old was unavailable for Sunday's 2-0 defeat at Southampton.

No chance of Pardew getting the boot even if we are relegated at this rate. The injuries excuse will save him.

:lol:

Not sure if serious? plenty of people have been sacked in the past despite being ransacked by injuries.... injuries or no injuries it's a results business and if Pardew can't get those results over the next few months i have no doubt that Ashley will pull the trigger.

We cannot risk our PL status especially with the TV money increase next season.

No chance of Pardew getting the boot even if we are relegated at this rate. The injuries excuse will save him.

Not sure if serious? plenty of people have been sacked in the past despite being ransacked by injuries.... injuries or no injuries it's a results business and if Pardew can't get those results over the next few months i have no doubt that Ashley will pull the trigger.

We cannot risk our PL status especially with the TV money increase next season.

I was joking, I'm just pointing out that our injury list is massive and getting worse by the day.

What a strange point to make.

Eh?

Just a weird reaction to the news. Firstly, you are presumably disappointed that Cabaye is out for longer, and/or you think it makes us more likely to get relegated. But at the same time you don't think it's a valid excuse for Pardew. Also seems to be a peverse hope that Pardew will get sacked, even if it means we have to go down.

Anyway, I may have just assumed a lot of that! :lol:

What a strange point to make.

Eh?

Just a weird reaction to the news. Firstly, you are presumably disappointed that Cabaye is out for longer, and/or you think it makes us more likely to get relegated. But at the same time you don't think it's a valid excuse for Pardew. Also seems to be a peverse hope that Pardew will get sacked, even if it means we have to go down.

Anyway, I may have just assumed a lot of that! :lol:

I was just joking about how bad our injuries our at the moment, that's all.