Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest neesy111

Thought he was anonymous again myself, apart from a few good passes he didn't do much other than a few silly challenges.  I'm sure he's carrying an injury again.

That's silly challenges get really on my nerves.  He is as guilty as Tiote at times for giving away daft free kicks.

Thought he looked off the pace today, thought Anita was the best of our centre mids

Not surprising as Cabaye usually does the DM job when Tiote isn't there, it seems Pardew trusts him more to do so than Anita or Perch.

Which is why as shit as Tiote has been this season its quite important for the balance of the team he gets back soon.

That or Pardew discovers the balls to play Sissoko alongside Cabaye.

I think I'd be looking at buying a new destroyer to replace Tioté this Summer. It is true that Cabaye plays a lot better alongside Tioté, but Tioté's been very poor individually for what seems like forever.

Thought he was poor, looked knackered though so it could be that.

No excuse for that given his last 2 performances but I thought he was alright today. Second half in particular, kept it ticking over alright.

Came into his own second half when we cranked up the pressure I thought.

This, thought when in possession he was making the incisive passes, and keeping attacks going, disappointed me he wasn't managing to win possession back neatly when fulham had their spells of possession though

No excuse for that given his last 2 performances but I thought he was alright today. Second half in particular, kept it ticking over alright.

Tbh though while i agree he's one of our best players so expectations are a little bit higher than most.

O...k I thought he was bloody class at times today. Played an important role in keeping the ball moving from side to side. Barely recall him losing the ball. Maybe an unspectacular game but good IMO.

Tbh though while i agree he's one of our best players so expectations are a little bit higher than most.

Debatable but he was alright today and it was a much needed performance.

Class in the second half, he was dictating the play with some fantastically crisp passes. His range is really good. I'm sick of seeing his silly tackles though, he'll get sent off soon.

It's more is he'll get a reputation soon and refs will start booking him for anything

Guest bimpy474

He isnt the 'quarterback' type player we're playing him as at the minute

I still don't think we have worked out how best to use him tbh.