Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Henderson's a good player. Could easily turn out to be worth £15m fwiw.

:thup: Agreed.

???

So could Shola, he might wake up tomorrow and actually be a footballer. Henderson is as long as he keeps doing what he's doing and developing at the rate that he is NEVER becoming a £15m player.

If Monaco or PSG show enough cash, Ashley will sell (as has already been said) No doubting the lad is a very good player, but he was disappointing for me last season. Need to make sure he is replaced with quality - if he goes.

My italian is very limited, but does it say that Napoli is also interested?

PSG, Monaco, Man Utd, Roma and Napoli

:thup: The others I got but was unsure of Napoli. Thanks!

£30mil into Ashley's pocket...maybe...just maybe £3-5mil on his replacement. 

Look Cabaye may have not had the best season but that can be labelled to much of the squad.  But on his day he's class. I for one hopes he stays even at that price.

A decent offer and he will be gone, a replacement wont be found until january...The club sell first, hold on to the moneny, then buy a semi cheap replacement.

Buy low, sell high.

???

So could Shola, he might wake up tomorrow and actually be a footballer. Henderson is as long as he keeps doing what he's doing and developing at the rate that he is NEVER becoming a £15m player.

Except Henderson played very well for Liverpool last season. He's starting for one of the world's biggest clubs, with a lot of competition in midfield. And he's only 22 years old. £15m also isn't as much money as it used to be.

???

Except Henderson played very well for Liverpool last season. He's starting for one of the world's biggest clubs, with a lot of competition in midfield. And he's only 22 years old. £15m also isn't as much money as it used to be.

First of all he didn't play very well for Liverpool last season, the evidence of that is the fact that without Suarez for the first half and then without Coutinho/Sturridge for the 2nd half they'd be nowhere near where they finished. They aren't one of the world's biggest clubs when it comes down to squad, only history at the moment. Also does he really start when everyone's healthy? Allen, Lucas and Gerrard are all ahead of him and they might decide to play Coutinho as an AM next season with two wingers.

For me he's not more than an average footballer, I'm not saying he's terrible, but he doesn't look like a player capable of starting for a team who will push for CL football. That's my personal opinion anyhow.

It's Henderson's fault as a midfielder that Liverpool are overly reliant on Suarez? How does the success of other players negate Henderson's performance?

A midfield-3 of Gerrard-Henderson-Lucas is the strongest Liverpool can put forward, with Coutinho cutting-in from the left, Downing out on the right, and Sturridge up top (assuming Suarez leaves).

I cant remember feeling the way I feel now about our players before, Ben Arfa aside, I couldnt give a shite who we sell.

No idea why, just dont feel any sort of affiliation with any of them.

Guest reefatoon

I cant remember feeling the way I feel now about our players before, Ben Arfa aside, I couldnt give a s**** who we sell.

Have to agree with you there, bored with the lot of it and couldn't give a shite.

I highly doubt he'd be replaced by anyone of the same quality when on form.

Yep, the best thing we will able to do is use the money across a few positions and make the team on a whole better.

But can't see us attracting a better midfielder if i'm honest.

It's Henderson's fault as a midfielder that Liverpool are overly reliant on Suarez? How does the success of other players negate Henderson's performance?

A midfield-3 of Gerrard-Henderson-Lucas is the strongest Liverpool can put forward, with Coutinho cutting-in from the left, Downing out on the right, and Sturridge up top (assuming Suarez leaves).

No it's a midfielders fault for not providing enough support to a striker so a team needs to rely on individual brilliance by this player (weird sentence not sure if it makes sense :lol:). In any case he only started 16 games this season and I think that speaks volumes of his ability. He had trouble to get into the team when everyone was fit. I saw quite a bit of Liverpool, didn't see much tbf but nothing he does impresses me. Against us where he scored 20% of his seasons goals and 25% of his seasons assists was the only decent game he had and even then it was down mostly to us being embarassing.

We'll have to agree to disagree here Deuce :thup:

I cant remember feeling the way I feel now about our players before, Ben Arfa aside, I couldnt give a s**** who we sell.

Have to agree with you there, bored with the lot of it and couldn't give a shite.

Yeah, Cisse's my favourite and frankly the thought of him leaving doesn't bother me massively. Guess this is what it feels like to support a club that has to take two steps back either side of a step forward in the name of being sensible.

No it's a midfielders fault for not providing enough support to a striker so a team needs to rely on individual brilliance by this player (weird sentence not sure if it makes sense :lol:). In any case he only started 16 games this season and I think that speaks volumes of his ability. He had trouble to get into the team when everyone was fit. I saw quite a bit of Liverpool, didn't see much tbf but nothing he does impresses me. Against us where he scored 20% of his seasons goals and 25% of his seasons assists was the only decent game he had and even then it was down mostly to us being embarassing.

We'll have to agree to disagree here Deuce :thup:

:thup:

To be fair, if they get a decent winger over the summer and move Coutinho to AM, it's a pick-2 of Gerrard-Henderson-Lucas-Allen and Henderson likely sees more time on the bench, depending on how Gerrard holds-up.