Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I remember people saying the same when Nolan and Barton were pushed out of the club, everyone going off it because our biggest players were leaving and a french lad was coming in to replace, someone who people on here hardly knew of as well.

At the time we were confident better players would sign, and they did.

Are we going to sign better than Cabaye? No.

Agree - it will take a Graham Carr find of epic proportions to surpass Cabaye.

I came on here tonight to check incomings, not one of the best players potentially leaving. With WC year coming up and the dross we have become, it is not a surprise that Cabaye looks like he might be off. Anything under £25 million and I will be disappointed. Whatever we get if he goes it just adds to the shopping list though.

What's going to haunt is the thought that had Pardew been sacked end of season, a new manager might have convinced him to stay, Pardew has no interest in midfielders who can play however

"Relentless, unflinching negativity" it was called by several when I said he was nailed on to go this summer if Pardew kept his job.

I've no doubt that the deluded idiots who said that will find some way to defend us selling off our best players and keeping a dinosaur in charge of the team.

f***ing sick. There is literally nothing to look forward to next season. Another relegation dogfight managed by a c***, he himself employed by a bigger c***.

I didn't believe it because i didn't believe anyone would pay the fee required, happy to scoff down my huge slice of humble pie though.

"Relentless, unflinching negativity" it was called by several when I said he was nailed on to go this summer if Pardew kept his job.

I've no doubt that the deluded idiots who said that will find some way to defend us selling off our best players and keeping a dinosaur in charge of the team. This is the beginning of a mass exodus in terms of talent - Ben Arfa and Cisse are as good as gone too.

f***ing sick. There is literally nothing to look forward to next season. Another relegation dogfight managed by a c***, he himself employed by a bigger c***.

People will mock this but it's completely true.

Pardew's mismanagement last season is now costing us our best players, this is what we feared after finishing as low as we did. I just get the impression the Pardew factor is going to hit us with full effect now and we're just going to build a woeful side. That might be me being over negative after last season but we'll wait and see.

People can mock all they like, but it's been blatantly obvious for the last year.

We didn't invest, I complained and got mocked because we finished 5th.

We didn't sack a manager who was either going to relegate us, or keep us up by the skin of our teeth with bullshit tactics and woeful football.  I complained, got mocked at Christmas time for saying the writing was on the wall.

We survive, players disillusioned, they leave, leaving us with Alan fucking Pardew and a low to mid table club. 

If we'd just invested, or brought in someone decent to replace him and acknowledge that a train wreck of a season was unacceptable, then fine.

But Christ, this club is in serious trouble with Ashley and Dekka and Pardew circle-jerking in the boardroom and cleaning up with big piles of transfer money cash.

I came on here tonight to check incomings, not one of the best players potentially leaving. With WC year coming up and the dross we have become, it is not a surprise that Cabaye looks like he might be off. Anything under £25 million and I will be disappointed. Whatever we get if he goes it just adds to the shopping list though.

What's going to haunt is the thought that had Pardew been sacked end of season, a new manager might have convinced him to stay, Pardew has no interest in midfielders who can play however

Was going to bring this up myself but couldn't be arsed with the backlash.  No doubt the major factor is money, but Pardews style and ambition are next in line.

I've no doubt that the deluded idiots who said that will find some way to defend us selling off our best players and keeping a dinosaur in charge of the team. This is the beginning of a mass exodus in terms of talent - Ben Arfa and Cisse are as good as gone too.

Fucking sick. There is literally nothing to look forward to next season. Another relegation dogfight managed by a cunt, he himself employed by a bigger cunt.

People will mock this but it's completely true.

Of course they will because there's a prime selection of utter arseholes who come on here to belittle people who dare to show genuine concern for the football club instead of the "I'm too cool to care" attitude preferred by others.

If Cabaye goes do we expect Debuchy to be wanting out too then?

The whole squad want out, you could see it every time they step on the pitch. The only ones who actually want to stay are those that shouldn't be playing for us in the first place.

Guest bimpy474

Oh well, at least no more floaty corners :(

Pardew staying is like a stone hoyed in a pond, the ripples are still being felt like.

I remember people saying the same when Nolan and Barton were pushed out of the club, everyone going off it because our biggest players were leaving and a french lad was coming in to replace, someone who people on here hardly knew of as well.

At the time we were confident better players would sign, and they did.

Are we going to sign better than Cabaye? No.

So what do you want?

Monaco are rich, they are probably the richest club out there. If we can't get better than Cabaye then we have to accept the bigger clubs are going to pay to have him for themselves.

Face the facts, when a mega rich club comes knocking the door will swing open, it happened when Liverpool payed us stupid money for Carroll, fuck even Man Utd couldn't say no when Real went daft on Ronaldo.

Guest pont-toon

If Cabaye goes do we expect Debuchy to be wanting out too then?

Hes already been linked with Monaco, as has Mbiwa

Cash, cash, cash or even wonga if you like..

Wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

Had been resigned to him going this summer, there have been so many links.

Was fantastic in his 1st year, but his head hasn't seemed right this year. Particularly disappointing after he was given the captaincy, though there's also many reasons why I wouldn't blame him wanting out.

Depressing start to the summer, wish I had some confidence we'll use the money well to improve the team.

@Neilfarrington 1m

Colo staying, Cabaye going. If it's for huge money, so be it. A quality player but not a reliable performer. #nufc

That's what I think.

We might not replace his "quality" but we might get someone more effective.