Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

There would be ways around it, a signing on fee would perhaps be too obvious, but compensating him with appearance fees or a higher wage could be a way to go.

I don't think there's any worry of him buying out his contract or leaving in this window. Summer I think he'll go to the highest bidder with Champions League football.

If he has flown to Marseilles then I would assume it is to visit family as his wife is from the South of France.  He went there at the end of August as well when he missed the internationals which co-incided with the arrival of their baby (and the rumours of a move to Monaco).

@LaurensJuliens

exactly. And no complications, some players have done it in the past, some wi in the future too.

'No complications'. :mackems:

we got taken to court over Jonas!

Aye, and it fucking cost us about £10m  :jones:

I'd be surprised if their wasn't some sort of gentleman's agreement between ourselves and Cabaye that he can go after the World Cup.

Guest neesy111

@LaurensJuliens

exactly. And no complications, some players have done it in the past, some wi in the future too.

I'd be surprised if their wasn't some sort of gentleman's agreement between ourselves and Cabaye that he can go after the World Cup.

Thought it was 6m for Jonas.

The Webster ruling is really no longer relevant. The last half a dozen cases that have went to CAS they've decided compensation on two factors - the market value of the player and the cost of a replacement. We turned down a £10-12m bid last summer, a strong indicator of market value, and he's off to the World Cup too. He's worth much more than the £6m he could allegedly buy his contract up.

Is Cabaye so desperate to leave Newcastle that he's willing to take a huge financial and professional risk to rip up his contract not knowing that he's probably going to have to pay near double the £6m his contract is worth? I doubt it. It's not as if a buying club would legitimately be able to reimburse him either due to the "gentleman's agreement" between European clubs to stop this sort of thing becoming commonplace. It's in everyone's best interests to try and do a deal via the usual channels but especially Cabaye's.

@LaurensJuliens

Thought it was 6m for Jonas.

Whatever it was it was too fucking much :lol:

The Webster ruling is really no longer relevant. The last half a dozen cases that have went to CAS

really?  had no idea, any notion who the players were?

was reading this morning that rooney can also buy himself out come the summer

Matuzalem was the first. There have been a few since which have all been settled on the same basis.

Guest Roger Kint

This webster ruling is going to be the latest thing that the hacks are going to w*** themselves into a fury about isn't it  :anguish:

Such a massive load of shit too.

Just wait til Man Utd fail to get Top 4, most of their squad are down to 2 years :lol: Be a daily thing in the Sun

The Webster ruling is really no longer relevant. The last half a dozen cases that have went to CAS

really?  had no idea, any notion who the players were?

was reading this morning that rooney can also buy himself out come the summer

tbh he's probably one of the few who if he really felt like it could pull it off-down to 12 months in the summer too so market value going down. Still can't see him doing it mind more money for him the normal way

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/yohan-cabaye-nothing-talk-linking-6497019

Yohan Cabaye: 'Nothing' in talk linking him with move away from Newcastle United

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has dismissed talk linking him with a move away from St James’ Park and is eager to focus on clash with Manchester City

Yohan Cabaye celebrates scoring for Newcastle United against Liverpool

Yohan Cabaye said there is “nothing” in any talk linking him with a move away from St James’ Park this January - insisting he is only focused on taking on Manchester City.

In a surprising move, Newcastle allowed the midfielder to discuss the prospect of a transfer this winter but Cabaye calmed any fears that he would be moving to Paris St-Germain or anywhere else in the window.

Speaking openly and candidly about a possible exit, Cabaye told the BBC: “For me to go to Paris or another club, there is nothing.

“I just want to be focused on the next game, Man City.”Yet he did admit that it is difficult for players in January when they are constantly linked with a move during the trading period.

Cabaye says: “I think it’s hard for every player.

“It depends what the player wants - if he wants to leave or if he wants to stay.

“So there is every time speculation about the transfer, even in January.

“So it’s hard for the player, the club and the fans, for everybody.

“It is not a good period for everybody.

“We just have to stay away from that speculation and stay focused on our job and my job especially.”

But when reassuring supporters for a second time Cabaye hinted that he was keen to stay at Newcastle and added: “Nothing is happening for me.

“When you know what you want it is easier.”

I can't see any top level player on a decent wage ever using the Webster ruling. I think it's good for extreme cases where the player is feeling trapped in a foreign country and isn't playing for his current club, but for players like Cabaye and Rooney, any club wanting them will eventually stump up the cash. Very rare that players will get frozen out at the top level as there's too much money to be had from selling them and it'd cost too much in wages to send them to play with the reserves/kids.

Rob Scanlon ‏@RobScanlon_TV 7m

"I'm living day by day & I'm happy about my situation. I'm playing for a big team in England and just want to keep going so now God's gonna choose for me" Yohan Cabaye speaking about his future today to me. My take, for what it's worth, is that he's probably going to go in the summer as the club's ambitions (top 10) don't quite match his. He's 28 in a few days and rightly is very ambitious. Credit to the club for putting him up for interview. He obviously really likes Newcastle but misses Champs League football. Understandable.