Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Rumours or not, I'd be very surprised if he goes to Palace.  His agent's doing a shite job if he can't do better than that for him.

right before the euros (on home soil no less) its almost the ideal move, play every week in a high profile league and working with someone who he worked well with before. Throw in London factor and he'll get a nicely sized wage packet and what has he to complain about?

No champions league

But then the same could be said about Sissoko and I assume he's nailed on to be going to the Euro's at this point

It's amazing how little he knows all things considered :lol: Most local papers at least have some idea what's going on but he knows absolutely f***ing nothing.

It's staggering. Whenever anyone pulls him up on his writing ability/lack of knowledge/incoherent sentence structures he just replies 'I've been doing this for 20 years' as if that's some sort of burn  :lol:

I'm not a Geordie or from the NE but I hate the way this guy is the main representative for sports journalism up there. It's an insult to the region.

It's amazing how little he knows all things considered :lol: Most local papers at least have some idea what's going on but he knows absolutely f***ing nothing.

It's staggering. Whenever anyone pulls him up on his writing ability/lack of knowledge/incoherent sentence structures he just replies 'I've been doing this for 20 years' as if that's some sort of burn  :lol:

I'm not a Geordie or from the NE but I hate the way this guy is the main representative for sports journalism up there. It's an insult to the region.

Yep.  I've heard him on Talksport before.  They were pretty much openly ridiculing him and he came across like such a mong.  Which is quite an achievement on that station.  Seeing as about 80% of their presenters are complete buffoons.  He is one of the reasons why the 'Geordie Nation' shite gets repeated and why a lot of fans of other clubs think we're unrealistic and have high expectations, expect success etc. 

I'm sure he's been on SSN as well and he was just as bad.

How did he get that job, I wonder? 

Guest Roger Kint

He completely understand what's going on with this club and what Ashley is doing.  Is that a surprise that he choose Palace over us?

He's not choosing Palace over us, we aren't interested. Neither are any other more glamorous clubs by the looks of it if he's going to end up at Palace.

This :thup:

Personally I think his international career is going to fade as well. We had him when his reputation was at it's peak, since he went to PSG he hasn't been able to hold down a spot, hence he is now desperately looking to play for any English club who will have him. I think his problem is,despite having good ability, he doesn't really fit the description of defensive or attacking midfielder. He's like the more gifted version of Colback.

Guest Roger Kint

Also France have the likes of Pogba, Matuidi, Sissoko, Kondogbia, Gonalons, Schneiderlin all in similar poistions which doesnt help him either, plenty of youth and movement there over him unless he can have a great season

Yep.  I've heard him on Talksport before.  They were pretty much openly ridiculing him and he came across like such a mong.  Which is quite an achievement on that station.  Seeing as about 80% of their presenters are complete buffoons.  He is one of the reasons why the 'Geordie Nation' s**** gets repeated and why a lot of fans of other clubs think we're unrealistic and have high expectations, expect success etc. 

The last time he was on Talksport he had obviously been drinking as it was late in the evening and he was unbelievably antagonistic towards the presenters who were asking reasonable questions.  I can't remember the details but just that he was so unnecessarily rude and I have never heard him on the radio since.

Always wondered why he was never been on BBC Newcastle's Total Sport - every other local journalist has.

Yep.  I've heard him on Talksport before.  They were pretty much openly ridiculing him and he came across like such a mong.  Which is quite an achievement on that station.  Seeing as about 80% of their presenters are complete buffoons.  He is one of the reasons why the 'Geordie Nation' s**** gets repeated and why a lot of fans of other clubs think we're unrealistic and have high expectations, expect success etc. 

The last time he was on Talksport he had obviously been drinking as it was late in the evening and he was unbelievably antagonistic towards the presenters who were asking reasonable questions.  I can't remember the details but just that he was so unnecessarily rude and I have never heard him on the radio since.

Always wondered why he was never been on BBC Newcastle's Total Sport - every other local journalist has.

I've spoke to him before. Trust me it's not the drink to blame.

After the way he went on towards the end of his time here, and the absolutely abysmal and cowardly non-appearances he put in on the pitch manipulating his exit to the latest money-spunking arab plaything....I would laugh my dick off if he ended up at Crystal Palace!

Please make this happen.....

After the way he went on towards the end of his time here, and the absolutely abysmal and cowardly non-appearances he put in on the pitch manipulating his exit to the latest money-spunking arab plaything....I would laugh my dick off if he ended up at Crystal Palace!

Please make this happen.....

What? Carrying us for half a season? His refusal to play as he wanted to go to Arsenal was shabby, but he was great that last half a season, we fell apart as soon as he left

Also France have the likes of Pogba, Matuidi, Sissoko, Kondogbia, Gonalons, Schneiderlin all in similar poistions which doesnt help him either, plenty of youth and movement there over him unless he can have a great season

None of them are particularly good at passing the ball though, so it's not really relevant to his chances.

None of them are particularly good at passing the ball though, so it's not really relevant to his chances.

That's staggering considering how important a part passing the ball is to the game!

I don't think Schneiderlin would be the success he has been in the Southampton team if he couldn't pass a ball, and yeah Pogba couldn't trap a bag of cement which is why nearly every major European team is trying to currently court him. I read some rubbish on these pages but that ranks right up there with the worst of them i'm afraid.

I don't think Schneiderlin would be the success he has been in the Southampton team if he couldn't pass a ball, and yeah Pogba couldn't trap a bag of cement which is why nearly every major European team is trying to currently court him. I read some rubbish on these pages but that ranks right up there with the worst of them i'm afraid.

I knew someone would completely let the point go over their heads.....

Pogba isn't wanted by every major european team because of his passing ability, it's because of athleticism and ability to start a counter attack by himself as well his shooting ability.... his passing actually isn't that outstanding but that doesn't matter because he has other things he excels at. He is at his best when he's running at back 4s or just using his physicality in the final third.

Schneiderlin has been a success due to his energy and just in general defensive ability, he can pass but nowhere near to Cabaye's level. The others are your prototype box to box midfielders, who do most things to a decent level and have superb abilities to drive the football and excellent energy.

Cabaye is the best passer in that group by a distance, which is my point Pogba and who ever else they decide to play will need someone alongside them who can dictate the pace of the game and can create from deep with passing because none of those players can do that.

Not to say that Cabaye is a nailed on starter but they'll need someone who can do the things i mentioned because none of them listed can. Gonalons is probably the best passer of that group including Cabaye but he doesn't have Cabaye's vision or range.

That's fair enough, but general point wasn't really about Cabaye so much that it was that France need a playmaker and none of those players are except for Gonalons who is somewhat limited in his passing range. Cabaye has shown the ability to be that player whether he still has is up for debate.