Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

If we're talking paying loads for a plan B then i'll meet you in the Anita thread.

Anita's a plan B?

Tiote and Cabaye are the starters when available and that won't change. Anita is even sometimes behind Perch*. He was a strange signing and it's an even stranger one now we've seen how we're playing.

edit - *add Jonas and Bigi to that too.

Tiote and Cabaye are definite starters, yes, but it's impossible to determine what midfield system we will use. His signing was strange when you consider the role he's been asked to perform in Pardew's dire setup, but I would like to think we will eventually incorporate him into our XI and begin to use him properly. I wouldn't really describe him as a plan B.

I have been disappointed with Cabaye over the last few games at home. I hate to watch this long ball hoof it up from our defenders and keeper but can you blame them? The midfield looked non existent when we were in possession at the back. I think he needed to take some responsibility and start asking for the ball from defenders and get the ball sprayed about, create chances like we all know he is more than capable of. Even more so in games like yesterday when we are a goal down at home. You need to start asking questions when you have the likes of ba dropping into midfield to pick up the ball and create chances, which started to happen towards the later stages of the game. 

I have been disappointed with Cabaye over the last few games at home. I hate to watch this long ball hoof it up from our defenders and keeper but can you blame them? The midfield looked non existent when we were in possession at the back. I think he needed to take some responsibility and start asking for the ball from defenders and get the ball sprayed about, create chances like we all know he is more than capable of. Even more so in games like yesterday when we are a goal down at home. You need to start asking questions when you have the likes of ba dropping into midfield to pick up the ball and create chances, which started to happen towards the later stages of the game.

That's not really a Cabaye issue that's more of a team issue, the whole team looks devoid of movement of link up play and starts with Pardew and the backroom staff.

It's easy to blame certain players but quite honestly at this moment in time it's the team as a whole that's an issue than an any individual.

Some people would rather have Nolan than Cabaye.  :lol:

We need to cross breed them. It's the only answer.

Cabaye's a much better footballer but strikes me as mentally soft and gets in the box less than the Pope. Nolan will probably hit double figures this year, Cabaye will likely get four or five.

Cabaye's a much better footballer but strikes me as mentally soft and gets in the box less than the Pope. Nolan will probably hit double figures this year, Cabaye will likely get four or five.

Cabaye will do well to get 4 when he's constantly starting his move from the edge of his own box, Nolan would have to set off 2 or 3 moves early to get from his own box to the opposition box.

Cabaye's the better player by a mile and the replacement was wonderful wonderful business, but if we're playing long ball stuff Cabaye's virtually a hindrance and Nolan would be ideal, frankly. Pains me to type those words but there you go.

Cabaye's the better player by a mile and the replacement was wonderful wonderful business, but if we're playing long ball stuff Cabaye's virtually a hindrance and Nolan would be ideal, frankly. Pains me to type those words but there you go.

Point is we shouldn't be playing long ball to begin with.

Point is we shouldn't be playing long ball to begin with.

To be fair to him, I don't think he's suggesting that we should.

Dude, as Mick says, I'm not for one second advocating the long ball tactic. It's not something I'm totally against per se but it's almost criminally unsuitable for our current playing staff.

Completely agree which is the entire point i'm making we should be playing a way that suits the players we have not playing a way that suited Carroll, Nolan, Barton etc etc.

Ah, got it.

Loved this one, sorry if a Giggszilla:

Don't sell Cabaye

Yohan Cabaye

I just don't think you'll understand

And if you sell Cabaye

Yohan Cabaye

You'll have a fucking riot on your hands!

(Achy Breaky Heart)

Brilliant that like. :lol:

Some people would rather have Nolan than Cabaye.  :lol:

There's far too much emphasis being put on goals here. Cabaye is so much better than Nolan ffs. :lol:

Nolan will probably score ten or so, Cabaye four or five, Paul Scholes maybe two or three.