Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Did Sib really play alongside Owen? :lol:

Reading away. Think it was supposed to be some shitty 4-1-2-1-2 formation.

Aye right. Owen's comeback it was.

Didn't Owen play something like left winger for parts of that game?

You could say that about every game he played  ;D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/19/squad-sheets-sunderland-newcastle-united

Yohan Cabaye made more tackles than any other player in the division during the opening round of matches

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/18371394/view/1/producttypecolor/351/type/png/width/190/height/190/men-s-t-shirt-like-a-boss-meme-per-diems-com_design.png

Le Sib did a great job that season. I wasn't too keen on us giving him a 2-year extension, mind, but Freddy could have probably reached some sort of appearance-based compromise with him.

That diving header against Reading where he twists onto the end of a Nobby centre was absolutely class forward's play.

His goal against Zulte Waregem  :drool:

His passing in our half was excellent to the extent where he only miss placed one or two.  Certainly stronger than Tiote that day.  Get a feeling that those two are going to excel at the weekend. 

Was limited in his forward passes, thanks to a combination of Arsenal's solid defence and our slack forwards.  Telling stuff.

We have the players to create the chances.  We need the forwards to get in the right places and convert them.  Best is the answer imo; he was the only one of our strikers to get into positions and get hold of the ball around the Arsenal area.  Think Ameobi should partner him.

Le Sib. :smitten:

http://www.sofoot.com/sibierski-barton-est-plus-mature-146448-article.html

Does Cabaye's transfer to Newcastle show a progression for his career?

You must stop that (this journo had been having sly digs at English football all interview). Cabaye could have picked up the same wages at any other club. He called me back in March-April to ask my opinion of the club, I told him I'd sign for them with my eyes closed, he will experience great things there. He will be a regular in the side, and he'll play against great sides and in great stadiums. It is my biggest regret that I only played there for a season, but even so, I played alongside the likes of Scott Parker, Emre, Milner, Owen, Martins...I would have stayed if it hadn't been for an incompetent chairman".

Sib  :smitten: loved him while he was here

Shame we f***ed him around tbh. Sib>>>>>>Viduka

Far from it. Sibierski was poor in the Premiership for us, he only done it against part-time vampires from eastern europe.

And Viduka did? Sat on the treatment table eating pies and collecting his Freddie Pension?

Far from it. Sibierski was poor in the Premiership for us, he only done it against part-time vampires from eastern europe.

And Viduka did? Sat on the treatment table eating pies and collecting his Freddie Pension?

I take it you don't remember him when we played the 4-3-3 under Keegan then?

Me and you are going to be talking about that 4-3-3 under Keegan until we pop our clogs. Viduka was class in that spell like.

Aye, them few games where he was a bit good till his Achilles fell off. Worth every penny

Sibierski was embarassing in the PL, he could could barley keep his feet half the time. Did canny enough in the UEFA. Tried his heart out, but simply lacking in ability. We got rid of him when we did because he was finished.

Viduka could have been a great player if he has actually given a toss. That goal against Reading with the one-two with Beye was class.